Clear All
  • MJRH
    • Nov 2006

He should leave it to Slimane
    ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• stemcell
      • Jul 2011

Doesn't he sort of have grand children of some kind? Not bloodline, but I feel like I've heard him mention kids a few times, does Michele have kids from past relationships or something? Whatever. I hope he doesn't shut down. Since Ann left I have hated where the brand has gone, and I still love the pieces I have but there's sort of a haze over the whole thing now... I am sure the same would happen if Rick stepped down. Hard to imagine him allowing that anyway. I love to see him direct a film along the lines of Tom Ford. I loved A Single Man more than anything else I've ever seen from Tom Ford. I think Rick mentioned he'd probably never make one though, and if he did everyone would die at the end...

Comment

• En.
        • May 2015

He does have a stepdaughter: Scarlett Rouge.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

How did this turn into such a trainwreck again? Did you guys even read the interview? He didn't even hint about quitting (he said maybe its inevitable he hits a standstill design-wise) and the discussion is suddenly on who gets the cash and who gets the couch. Have some respect, this isn't TMZ and were not talking about the Kardashians.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• stemcell
            • Jul 2011

Imagine for a second though. A reality show in that format. Hysteria.

Comment

• DudleyGray
              • Jul 2013

I mean really, we're between seasons here and Moldova is cashed. So it's this or those Geobasket heel tabs.
              bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                How did this turn into such a trainwreck again? Did you guys even read the interview? He didn't even hint about quitting (he said maybe its inevitable he hits a standstill design-wise) and the discussion is suddenly on who gets the cash and who gets the couch. Have some respect, this isn't TMZ and were not talking about the Kardashians.
                Word. The conjecture here sometimes on a total runaway train. Though it gives me peace, because once I looked at what some people in other places say about me - good god!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                  • Sep 2008

I think the new sock ramones (rick) are amazing, but everytime I pull them on I'm afraid they'll rip. Anyone else feel like this?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                    I think the new sock ramones (rick) are amazing, but everytime I pull them on I'm afraid they'll rip. Anyone else feel like this?
                    Not once.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• gregor
                      • Oct 2014

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                      honestly, in spite of the leather being quite thin, no. i feel they're really sturdy and well made, though i do have the odd thought about stretching the leather a bit too much, but i think that's somewhat of an unfounded fear to the degree where it becomes noticeable. the bagginess can also look quite nice.

Comment

• stemcell
                        • Jul 2011

Small question since we're on the topic, what's the fit on those like, true to size like other shoes or should you size down so they aren't loose? Forgot to check the new york store last time I was there. thanks.

Comment

• gregor
                          • Oct 2014

i've found they look best when sized down, by far. the leather will stretch and wear a bit with time, but they look way better with a slimmer look to them. if you want baggy just get elephant boots

Comment

• stemcell
                            • Jul 2011

Thanks that's what I figured!

Comment

• Lex1017
                              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by gregor View Post
                              honestly, in spite of the leather being quite thin, no. i feel they're really sturdy and well made, though i do have the odd thought about stretching the leather a bit too much, but i think that's somewhat of an unfounded fear to the degree where it becomes noticeable. the bagginess can also look quite nice.
                              After having worn mine about ten times I see that around my calf muscle the leather is loosening up a bit (I assume from the fluctuation of the muscle while walking). I figure this is normal and actually looks bad ass a la Rick actually wearing them. The photo I am posting you can see his have stretched quite a bit to the point where they kind of resemble a slim boot rather than a sock.

On the sizing issue I took my normal Rick size. As I've said before they do fit a bit larger than cargos or ramones but a full size down would be too small.

Comment

• casper
                                • Aug 2015

on topic of the sock ramones, anyone know anything about the sock Adidas?

I'm in love with this shoe, but I've heard a lot of people saying that because it's adidas the quality will be nowhere near the quality that you should be paying $1000+ for e.g. Mainline rick

And this got me thinking, Isn't Adidas one of, if not the largest footwear / sportswear manufacturer in the world? Surely they know their stuff when it comes to producing shoes and would make a product that is equal or possibly better than Rick quality? Or does the fact that they'll be produced in sweat shops with cheap (?) material mean that that the quality will be sacrificed?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎