Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beyondthemeans
    • Sep 2008

^ not sure if this helps, but I used to have those adidas sneakers from Vicious and thought they were quite good in terms of quality. Super light and comfertable. The foam sole will show wrinkles after a few wears but wasn't bothering me at all.

I mean it's a bit like comparing apples with pears here, since the adidas sneakers are totally different in material than the mainline socks.

Comment

• upsilonkng
      • May 2010

well something to remember, adidas is shit and made by chinese kids(i'm chinese) and the total value of the material and work is close to 5% of what they are charging. ur a sucker if u buy that shit or really honestly any adidas stuff, Nike>Adidas all day everyday.. and actually Under Armour> Adidas all day everyday as well.

Comment

• Raviel de Silverlake
        • Jun 2015

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
        well something to remember, adidas is shit and made by chinese kids(i'm chinese) and the total value of the material and work is close to 5% of what they are charging. ur a sucker if u buy that shit or really honestly any adidas stuff, Nike>Adidas all day everyday.. and actually Under Armour> Adidas all day everyday as well.
        Because you are Chinese? Or because of Nike and Under Armour weren't made by Chinese kids?

Comment

• bukka
          • Sep 2011

Nike>Adidas all day everyday
          Elaborate this please. How are they any different?
          Eternity is in love with the productions of time

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

well the chinese part is just clarifying that it's made by chinese kids not an attack on the chinese as is so often implied here.
            Nike makes better shoes w/ better material and they work, for running/basketball etc.. adidas has only recently found a cushioning system that kind of works, finally. But their shoes are garbage and don't really work, besides all they do is nike clones anyways and since they can't compete w/ nike's designs and research they just paid a bunch of famous people to do more garbage so the garbage men(general public) will buy that shit at 5000% markup, rick/kanye/pharell/ora/jeremy scott etc...
            now back to rick

Comment

• casper
              • Aug 2015

well the chinese part is just clarifying that it's made by chinese kids not an attack on the chinese as is so often implied here.
              Nike makes better shoes w/ better material and they work, for running/basketball etc.. adidas has only recently found a cushioning system that kind of works, finally. But their shoes are garbage and don't really work, besides all they do is nike clones anyways and since they can't compete w/ nike's designs and research they just paid a bunch of famous people to do more garbage so the garbage men(general public) will buy that shit at 5000% markup, rick/kanye/pharell/ora/jeremy scott etc...
              now back to rick
              so you'd recommend not paying retail for the Adidas Sock if i can?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                  I'll take your and raise you a
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

i lol'ed........
                    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• mizzar
                      • Mar 2008

This season RO x Adidas is worse quality then the first one.
                      the "baloon" upper part is smaller, stitches are wonky in some places(even on the sock photo you can see it on zig-zag stitch),
                      and there even some part near heel where leather is not cut right so it sticks out.
                      No RO x A worth 1000, not even 250 IMHO
                      ____
                      sorry for my bad english, i learned it from the book.

I too am inspired by homeless people when I buy a $1,000 jacket. Why don't we just shit on them? Oh, fashion, sometimes I wonder why I bother...(Faust)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Not sure if this has been posted before. I met Duslan Reljin, who shot the video, yesterday at the Chelsea Wolfe concert - really cool guy. This was during the Salon94 bed installation in New York.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mattiassa
                          • Dec 2014

Sorry if this has been posted already. But in swedish radio there's a show called Stil (Style), that covers everything concerning style. Especially fashion. It's been on air for almost 10 years now.

This summer they made special programmes with influential people in fashion. One of them was Rick Owens. I post the link to the show here. The interview is in english but the in the middle talk in swedish. But I guess most of you can enjoy the interview (just click on the blue button 'Lyssna'):

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt...programid=2794

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mattiassa View Post
                            Sorry if this has been posted already. But in swedish radio there's a show called Stil (Style), that covers everything concerning style. Especially fashion. It's been on air for almost 10 years now.

This summer they made special programmes with influential people in fashion. One of them was Rick Owens. I post the link to the show here. The interview is in english but the in the middle talk in swedish. But I guess most of you can enjoy the interview (just click on the blue button 'Lyssna'):

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/avsnitt...programid=2794
                            Do you happen to know at what point the interview starts? I tried listening to this one before but I quit listening since it was all Swedish (?). There was one with Kanye from the same show that was hilarious btw.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

Just stay with it for a while. It goes back and forth between English and Swedish. I listened to the whole thing on the night bus. Quite nice. And my Swedish has improved massively.
                              Tack!
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Mattiassa
                                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                                Just stay with it for a while. It goes back and forth between English and Swedish. I listened to the whole thing on the night bus. Quite nice. And my Swedish has improved massively.
                                Tack!

You're right.

And you're welcome!

There are also other interviews from this summer with people highly influencing fashion including Suzy Menkes, Kanye West (avoided that one though) and Acnes Jonny Johansson.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎