• Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Defender
      Banned
      • Jan 2015

Does anyone know if the shoes (specifically Ramones, but others as well) from Sphinx have the red sole issue of the past?

Comment

• DudleyGray
        • Jul 2013

My Ramones from Faun are starting to bleed. I wouldn't expect that Sphinx and onward will be any different.
        bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• jskidder1
          • Jan 2011

the bleeding is only an issue with reverse leathers. it was supposed to be corrected for faun but it was not. they did change the soles slightly though, and the newer ones seem to wear a lot faster than the previous version.

Comment

• skullkid
            • Aug 2015

Are you referring to pink sole? The oiled leather I bought also have the same issue. Lucky that Yoox allowed me to refund.

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
            the bleeding is only an issue with reverse leathers. it was supposed to be corrected for faun but it was not. they did change the soles slightly though, and the newer ones seem to wear a lot faster than the previous version.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

This was a good one

For the second part of her S/S16 triptych, Jo-Ann Furniss pays a visit to Rick Owens' expansive Parisian home – where suburban domesticity and sexual liberation run riot
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tjhalvy
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                great read.. thanks for posting.

Comment

• Nickefuge
                  • Nov 2014

I stumbled upon this Rick jacket and the seller says it´s "made of blistered lamb leather covered with neoprene". Curious as I am I just wanted to ask if anyone knows how exactly the two materials are combined?
                  Unfortunately, I don´t get to touch a lot of Rick leathers in person.
                  Thanks in advance!

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                  -Paris Hilton

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the other way around: leather on neoprene. Probably done with some sort of fusing (glue).

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

That was the first thought that came to my mind.
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mononon
                        • Sep 2009

^^believe you are correct - i used to own this but sold it a while back - huge regret
                        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Was thinking the other day with all the powerhouse moves again - funny that Rick's name never comes up in that musical chair game. I mean, the critics love him, why not? Of course one answer is what he does is very specific, but still - people go after buzzy names in this industry.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

It's never puzzled me. He's perfectly happy in the world he's created for himself and voices it at every opportunity. On top of that he's fantastically successful with it. I would assume everyone just thinks they have nothing to offer.
                            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Well, there's always a bigger fish to fry. Temptation is temptation.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Well, there's always a bigger fish to fry. Temptation is temptation.

I don't think at this stage it makes any sense for him to work at a big house
                                he already owns one of the more successful brands in recent times with all the achievements that you could have.

With RAF leaving Dior its a quiet but powerful repudiation of the traditional fashion system.
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎