• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSR
    • Aug 2008

thanks faust and beyondthemeans
    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

At this point I believe Rick may be fed up with his Adidas contract and try to keep his fans from buying the collab shoes. Especially with the F/W16 models.
      In the end these are Adidas shoes with Adidas production methods and Adidas production ethics and maybe people ought to see it.

Edit: Notice the crappy stitching btw
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Rfl
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        At this point I believe Rick may be fed up with his Adidas contract and try to keep his fans from buying the collab shoes. Especially with the F/W16 models.
        In the end these are Adidas shoes with Adidas production methods and Adidas production ethics and maybe people ought to see it.
        Let alone the Golden Logo outside, specially when he has stated before that he isn't a fan of items that scream what brand are they, I thought I was the only one not enjoying this collaboration lately (well, since never to be honest, but at least it was tolerably nice at the beginning, it was so him going against the rules, even his own).

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Guys, please post in the appropriate threads.
          ^^ goes into legit checks thread
          ^ small questions thread or help finding thread

This thread is for the discussion of Rick Owens' work. Or should be.
          Thx
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post

Edit: Notice the crappy stitching btw
            Originally posted by Rfl View Post
            Let alone the Golden Logo outside, specially when he has stated before that he isn't a fan of items that scream what brand are they, I thought I was the only one not enjoying this collaboration lately (well, since never to be honest, but at least it was tolerably nice at the beginning, it was so him going against the rules, even his own).
            respectfully disagree with you guys here.

FW16 is the first time I could see myself wearing any of this previously too-weird-for-charles collaboration (and first time I will be wearing it as well).

mind you, this just highlights something I love about Rick, and that's all the different clients' tastes he can appeal to.
            —
            -

Comment

• Lex1017
              • Jul 2015

Originally posted by Rfl View Post
              I did a double take when I saw these at retailer in Toronto. Has the same sole as the above sock sneakers. It's odd to me that Rick would use a sole that was clearly inspired by him that had been sold as an adidas shoe exclusively. Even more odd and perplexing would be if the sole was in production for Rick but they tossed it on a shoe early to profit without having to pay him. I mean the shoe is ugly as fuck but that tongue, come on.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Great interview by Chris Wallace for Interview magazine. Claude Montana should have just kept quiet.

William Gibson has said, “The future is already here—it’s just not evenly distributed.” And we think most of it is located in the Paris headquarters of Rick Owens. Out there, at a safe remove from the fashion mainstream, on the horizon of beauty, behavior, and belief, Owens has made a wrinkle in time, building a new world, a future world, for others of like mind to gather and grow.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Claude Montana should have just kept quiet.
                  Well, he pretty much did anyway. Certainly not what I expected when I read that Chris "dropped in on a call between Owens and Montana"... it would have been a monologue if he hadn't dropped in.

Really love this part and felt the need to quote it.

WALLACE: I teased you recently that you're softening from your signature sort of brutalism toward something more Art Nouveau. Is this a kind of blossoming? Are you letting your guard down?

OWENS: Well, it seems like that. All evidence points that way. Although, this week we were doing some jackets, these draped jackets, and, for some reason, we weren't getting these drapes just right. For two days we were working on these jackets, and I was questioning everything, questioning my very existence: "I thought I knew what I was doing." Like, "Why can't I control this?" I was getting very, very uptight, which is the opposite of the serenity that I am trying to get to, the opposite of the serenity that I am trying to express. I was getting snippy with everyone. I was getting sharp and irritated and impatient and hurt. I was kind of horrified. I thought I had grown beyond this and reached a level of imperturbability where I could just sort of smile through some small inconvenience like this. I was a little ashamed of myself. I was just in a really bad mood about not being able to get these things done. I was thinking I have a problem communicating and getting my point across. I can't engage with people. I can't motivate people. I can't move something forward in a positive, loving way. Why am I getting angry with people who really want to help? It will only make this worse. What is so threatening to me that it makes me negative? I know there is this petty side that everybody has, and I know that I have it, and I hate it, but I spend a lot of time forgiving myself for it too. So what? Everyone has their moments. But it threw me how not being able to get through to my team and not being able to express myself made me question how I operate in the world and how I communicate in the world. It was humbling.

WALLACE: Do you think about where that comes from? The rigor, the perfectionism ...

OWENS: The impatience comes from insecurity, right? That's what it would be. Because a perfectly serene person does not get flustered. I was flustered. And that flustered me—the fact that I got flustered. It irritated me. And I was already irritated. It was a weird-ass week. I was a total cunt.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

I've only seen artists put their feelings on display like that, usually for commercial purposes. Nice to see Rick feel secure in his insecurities.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

Yea, really good interview. I love that he is so self reflective and analytical. Poor Claude didn't have much to say lol.
                      music

Comment

• Geoffrey B. Small
                        • Nov 2007

Claude has been through a lot. And I would let him just be. He had an incredible run from 1980 to 1992, and anybody who witnessed one of his shows or his incredible iconic shouldered clothes respects him as one of the greats of the game and the metier. Along with Thierry Mugler, Anne Marie Beretta, Rei and Yohji, the independent design revolution of the early 80's was made possible... and from that revolution every single designer you see and post about here on SZ owes its due respect and thanks including all those assymetric minimalist line and cut and metal finished concepts that Carol, Maurizio, Daisuke and so many more of us have all taken to the bank for years. Perhaps it's a result of part of what he's been through since then, and or that the interview was conducted in English, and when I remember him his english was honestly not very strong, but frankly, if he says less than the others in this conversation I think you should leave him alone. He doesn't have to say a frigging thing--those who know who he is and what he accomplished in this arena will always respect him. Rick clearly does. And no wonder, Claude's cuts never needed any words at all to be understood. They spoke for themselves. Respect not LOL's are in order here. My SZ 2 cents for the day, Cheers, Geoffrey

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

^I agree, wasn't making fun of him, I'm interested in what he has to say. Felt a bit bad reading the interview he was more or less left out, maybe it was a language barrier.
                          music

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

I really like how they keep tweaking and refining the RO webstore.
                            The latest redesign has nice details to it and the new look fits Rick’s recent design direction very well.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• rider
                              eyes of the world
                              • Jun 2009

great guest list...
                              After a summit with the leaders of five Nordic countries, President Obama and the first lady, Michelle Obama, held a dinner for the heads of state, their spouses and a host of celebrities.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rider View Post
                                When this started popping up on my social media feeds at first I thought it was some kind of a joke. And I still can't wrap my head around it. But, good for them!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎