Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

Just handled the Mastosneaks IRL for the first time. Gotta say the quality seems great, but the Rick aura that surrounds most of his pieces is missing. They could easily be misinterpreted as Common Projects.
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• delicious_not
      • Dec 2012

Anyone else feel like RO footwear range is kind of "limited"? It's good, but i wish there was more variation.

I mean i'm still waiting for sock sneakers without cap toes. WHAT THE FUCK, maybe he has no plans to release them at all? "Cyclops" had all black as a season exclusive (with questionable hooks though), so i guess there's still hope... Also it would be great to have a choice of material (leather or suede). He's done all black / black w/ white sole / no cap toe / suede versions for women previously, why not put it on mass production for men? We only have the "standard" version, and it's literally everywhere. I don't get it.

Oh, and i would definitely like to have something like Boat Sneakers but without cap toes, like super basic slip-ons with a signature RO sole.

Comment

• Lex1017
        • Jul 2015

Taking the cap toes off of shoes that already exist doesn't seam like much of an expansion. As odd as I think the Mastosneaks are I like that he was switching it up. Other than being more proportionate to a regular shoe I don't see the skate inspiration in the Geo thrashers. Skateboarding has transitioned heavily into vulcanized sole construction which looked closer to his original stapled sole. I am sure for manufacturing's sake it's cheaper to make 1 or 2 sneaker soles with a bunch of different uppers. Casting a new sole might be expensive. We may be stuck with this Masto sole for a few variations.

Comment

• etgreg
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by delicious_not View Post
          Anyone else feel like RO footwear range is kind of "limited"? It's good, but i wish there was more variation.

I mean i'm still waiting for sock sneakers without cap toes. WHAT THE FUCK, maybe he has no plans to release them at all? "Cyclops" had all black as a season exclusive (with questionable hooks though), so i guess there's still hope... Also it would be great to have a choice of material (leather or suede). He's done all black / black w/ white sole / no cap toe / suede versions for women previously, why not put it on mass production for men? We only have the "standard" version, and it's literally everywhere. I don't get it.

Oh, and i would definitely like to have something like Boat Sneakers but without cap toes, like super basic slip-ons with a signature RO sole.
          He's already released Sock Sneakers without toe cap. I saw them last season in Dust and Black.

Comment

• delicious_not
            • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Lex1017 View Post
            Taking the cap toes off of shoes that already exist doesn't seam like much of an expansion.
            Maybe i'm just picky and delusional after all that wait, but i think it changes the look completely. Like comparing the Creepers with Basket Creepers. I don't know, toe caps is just something i don't get. I think it softens the whole look a lot. Can't relate to that little detail at all. When i see shiny toe caps, i think something like "playful". And when i wear Rick i'm not interested in that. It looks great on girls i think, but personally i would feel like i'm trying to look like some Asian male pop star / top instagram poster / whatever. Again, maybe i think too much about that.

Originally posted by etgreg View Post
            He's already released Sock Sneakers without toe cap. I saw them last season in Dust and Black.
            I saw them too, a few stores had the version in Dust and literally one Black / White pair popped up on the Facebook group and Grailed (correct me if i'm wrong; i would definitely love to be wrong about this). Too hard, considering the amount of retailers who carry the regular version.
            Last edited by delicious_not; 11-09-2016, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The Rick Owens team invites all StyleZeitgeist members to its first ever sample sale in New York.

More info https://www.sz-mag.com/news/2016/11/...s-sample-sale/

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
                • May 2008

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• aussy
                  • Jul 2011

I commuted up to the sample sale from Philly. Here is my report. The items are mostly from the past two seasons. Sizes mostly 50-54 with the occasional smaller size, though the oversized pieces barely vary in measurements of course. There is a selection of pretty much everything: outerwear, leathers, tunics, button ups, shorts, boat shoes, tees. Basically any item you've seen at some last season retailer is present, including some coats from Moody. There were no accessories unfortunately. I'm sure the more basic hoodies etc have been mostly cleared out by the younger, Hypebeast crowd that showed up in droves, but that leaves all the truly Rick pieces and fuzzy knit onesies for you freaks out there. Markdowns are either 70% or 80% off. Feel free to pm me with questions and I'll try my best to remember. If anything it's worth a trip if you're like me and lust after pieces only to later try them on and quickly decide against.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by aussy View Post
                    I commuted up to the sample sale from Philly. Here is my report. The items are mostly from the past two seasons. Sizes mostly 50-54 with the occasional smaller size, though the oversized pieces barely vary in measurements of course. There is a selection of pretty much everything: outerwear, leathers, tunics, button ups, shorts, boat shoes, tees. Basically any item you've seen at some last season retailer is present, including some coats from Moody. There were no accessories unfortunately. I'm sure the more basic hoodies etc have been mostly cleared out by the younger, Hypebeast crowd that showed up in droves, but that leaves all the truly Rick pieces and fuzzy knit onesies for you freaks out there. Markdowns are either 70% or 80% off. Feel free to pm me with questions and I'll try my best to remember. If anything it's worth a trip if you're like me and lust after pieces only to later try them on and quickly decide against.
                    Pfff... seems like I'm missing out here!

Comment

• stemcell
                      • Jul 2011

Small question, but Rick Specific.
                      As Rick has started releasing more and more "traditional" shirts, like the field shirts for example, do you guys feel like the shoulders of these are increasingly small— relative to all his other pieces with tight shoulders? I love my blazers with his tight shoulders, but the shirts, even the sleeveless versions seem to have gotten more and more tiny, with 48's being around 15-16 inches— even though basically everything else about his clothes seems to have gotten bigger.
                      What do you guys think? Am I imagining it? Isn't it odd? Even if you look at various retail sites, they can barely seem to get the shoulders to even fit on the models.

Comment

• ian+
                        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by stemcell View Post
                        Small question, but Rick Specific.
                        As Rick has started releasing more and more "traditional" shirts, like the field shirts for example, do you guys feel like the shoulders of these are increasingly small— relative to all his other pieces with tight shoulders? I love my blazers with his tight shoulders, but the shirts, even the sleeveless versions seem to have gotten more and more tiny, with 48's being around 15-16 inches— even though basically everything else about his clothes seems to have gotten bigger.
                        What do you guys think? Am I imagining it? Isn't it odd? Even if you look at various retail sites, they can barely seem to get the shoulders to even fit on the models.
                        I don't think that his shirts were ever comfortable at the shoulder area. I have had shirts from Island and onward and always had to size up. Even then the shoulders were still small making the upper chest area fit a bit weird.
                        ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Nickefuge
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                          I don't think that his shirts were ever comfortable at the shoulder area.
                          That’s why Rick always wears sleeveless shirts ...
                          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• mrbeuys
                            • May 2008

I dare you to make it past the 1 minute mark, but I guess it belongs here...

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                              That’s why Rick always wears sleeveless shirts ...
                              Hahahaha, I'm dying!
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Source

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎