X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

watch out for countesse's shipping rates. Be sure to ask if she marks down for customs too!

Great footwear though!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kira
      • Mar 2008

[quote user="AX-OV"]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190091296238&_trksid=p 2759.l1259

I want to get these for my girl for her B day. What do u think Kira?

[/quote]

hmmm. what is her style like? they could be kind of fun but i think they are not quite right to me. i like the idea of a shorter slightly more masculine type boot (even though it says unisex) but I am not sure that these would be my choice. but maybe if you can tell me some things that she does like, that could help me. i do like the zipper part though, so i am kind of torn. i dont like the stitching around the toe area, maybe that where they lose it for me...not sure if that helps you at all.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AX-OV
        • Feb 2008

Oh man, I ALWAYS forget to glance at the shipping.. That is alot for U.S.. Ok i will be sure to ask..

And it says size 41 (american 11) with a 11.4 Sole length.. Thats not right at all, my trainers are 41's and im a 8.5-9US...

I going to ask if they could do something better on the price, or Include shipping.. well see!

Kira- Thanks for the info,, THey may be a little too much for her now..hmm.. I may just have to get them for myself! ( and they'd be too big for her)Thanks!

Comment

• kira
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="AX-OV"]

Oh man, I ALWAYS forget to glance at the shipping.. That is alot for U.S.. Ok i will be sure to ask..

And it says size 41 (american 11) with a 11.4 Sole length.. Thats not right at all, my trainers are 41's and im a 8.5-9US...

I going to ask if they could do something better on the price, or Include shipping.. well see!

Kira- Thanks for the info,, THey may be a little too much for her now..hmm.. I may just have to get them for myself! ( and they'd be too big for her)Thanks!

[/quote]

that was going to be my other statement. 11 for womens feet is quite large, but i did not want to sound judgmental.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AX-OV
            • Feb 2008

haha, It would take about 200 Rats for ONE jacket....BUT HEY, Nothing is Impossible!

Comment

• CommieRabbit
              • Oct 2007

[quote user="new_dawn_fades"]

ahhh reek oeven never disappoints!

speaking of leathers...i wonder if he has used rat leather yet...i remember him mentioning it somewhere before...could be rat fur..

ass/mule leather seems to be his steez too..

id wear them while reading my Nick cave book..

[/quote]

You're probably thinking of Gareth Pugh (supported by Rick's wife) with his crazy coat with stuffed rats on it, complete with red crystal eyes.

It's pretty awesomely badass in a fucked up disturbed kinda way.

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

nice commie rabbit![86]

ah, reek oeven....that just keeps making me laugh...love how you left off the "s" [74]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Servo2000
                  • Oct 2006

That is pretty awesome in a disturbed kind of way.

Reminds me of some jeweler I found the other day who makes brooch pins / necklaces and whatnot - one was a dead, stuffed mouse wrapped around a jeweled pin.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

[quote user="laika"] ah, reek oeven....that just keeps making me laugh...love how you left off the "s" [74][/quote]

you should try calling the palais royal store... Reeq Oewaan Paleé Rroyaa?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Rick Owens furniture showroom... some really beautiful pieces in there!

It gives me another chance to look at the chair that I would like to build in May as well :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beuRz...eature=related

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Thanks for posting Albert. I would kill for that huge desk and the chair set.
                        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Yeah it was just a related video to the book signing one... didn't even know it was on there myself!

Cas, for these items you may very well (unfortunately) have to kill someone just to get a shot at buying it.

I've seen a number of those pieces at the flagship. The big U shaped piece is very very lovely.

Let me tell you though, a lot of those pieces are straight plywood. Very well worked plywood quite often, but it's plywood. Consider it a strong possibility that you can make a lot of it yourself. You could easily buy all the raw materials and all the equipment necessary to make yourself a room full of his lovely designs.

Now that MASSIVE sofa/wall piece? That's some next level shit, but the chair and the U shaped piece along with the vintage cashmere wrapped boxes are very much do-able.

I love those seats with the elk horns coming from one side. So cool!!

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

All plywood eh? Well, when I get my own place without roomies, I definitely plan on going all out on furniture (as it's one of those things I love just as much as clothing). I always had a feeling the RO furniture was more for himself, for show, and for those of whom don't ask, 'How much is it?'

I agree about that sofa piece! That thing is gnarly.....Thing would take up a whole damn room, let alone you would have to have high ceilings.

It wasn't on that video but I really liked the piece he did that was a small, cylindrical side table with skulls on it that looked like it was made out of concrete and not usually one for skulls, but that was cool.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Yeah I know which one you're talking about.

I handled it and talked about it with one of the guys that made it :)

It's got human skull pieces and ostrich eggshells embedded in a plaster of paris/concrete outer shell wrapped around some sort of hollow core that makes it surprisingly light.

I agree with you though in regards to the furniture. It's not for mass consumption but more about the aesthetics of it and that overall "Rick Owens" feel which is captured really well in a lot of those pieces.

One day i'll be able to straight up afford it, but the attraction to building it (and similar stuff) on my own is that whole experience of creating and understanding how its done :)

Comment

• Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Rick Owens furniture showroom... some really beautiful pieces in there!

It gives me another chance to look at the chair that I would like to build in May as well :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beuRz...eature=related

[/quote]

Wow, all of that stuff looks totally uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎