• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
    - dad was a priest
    You meant Nazi.
    Make a good point though. It must be so boring for him by now but then again he does like the sound of his own voice.
    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Nickefuge
      • Nov 2014

Of course and you gotta introduce the guy to readers who don’t know him yet, BUT interviewers always ask the same questions.
      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Our review of RICK OWENS: SUBHUMAN INHUMAN SUPERHUMAN up on StyleZeitgeist magazine

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
          • May 2008

Just catching up on my sz-mag reading and must say that of all the reviews of the Rick retrospective I have read, this is by far my favourite one. Loved the idea of things being lost in translation from Italian and providing an entirely new perspective. Everything else out there was cookie-cutter sameness, this stands out.
          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Thank you - Jana is brilliant and a very good writer! Going to see the exhibit myself the second week of January, after Pitti Uomo.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jeroenr
              • May 2016

Dont think this article is posted here yet.

Meet the visionary designer who has spun the avant-garde into gold, building a €100m-a-year brand

It has some insight about why he is/ kept producing in Moldova and that they're going to be SA8000 certified in 2018.
              Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Jeroenr View Post
                Dont think this article is posted here yet.

Meet the visionary designer who has spun the avant-garde into gold, building a €100m-a-year brand

It has some insight about why he is/ kept producing in Moldova and that they're going to be SA8000 certified in 2018.
                Which, in my opinion, is a good thing.
                Can you post it directly, not everyone has a subscription to FT.
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• vah
                  • Aug 2016

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  Think this link should work https://www.ft.com/content/577f117e-...6-d321d0d897a3

Comment

• Jeroenr
                    • May 2016

Oh, I dont have one either. Its was posted on Facebook and i just copied it, after reading. When i follow the link now its not working anymore.
                    If you google "The radical chic of Rick Owens". It will bring you there too. Otherwise i can upload a pdf (does that work here?)

Comment

• ian+
                      • Dec 2011

So apparently Olmar & Mirta used a factory in Moldova for certain garments without Rick knowing about it. I wonder how many made in Italy pieces from past collections were actually made in Moldova.

Comment

• Jeroenr
                        • May 2016

So apparently Olmar & Mirta used a factory in Moldova for certain garments without Rick knowing about it. I wonder how many made in Italy pieces from past collections were actually made in Moldova.
                        Yeah, was thinking the same. I guess it would be in line whats made there now.
                        I always hated it that some was made there. But with this new info, i can understand that decision.

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                          • Sep 2013

the ft article states Rick did know about it. I do have a Rick stooges from 2015 that is made in Moldova by Olmar & Mirta quality is great

Comment

• ian+
                            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by d'avant-garde View Post
                            the ft article states Rick did know about it. I do have a Rick stooges from 2015 that is made in Moldova by Olmar & Mirta quality is great
                            Before becoming a full vertical operation, the designer’s manufacturing was handled by a separate company, under licence. After Owenscorp was established, it came to his attention that the licensee had used a factory in Moldova for certain garments, which were then finished in Italy and sold with a “made in Italy” tag.
                            My concern is/was not about the quality.

Comment

• d'avant-garde
                              • Sep 2013

My concern is/was not about the quality.
                              there's really no concern lmao lots of luxury brands have made in italy tags despite being made in Romania, Poland, etc despite Italian laws since 09 banning it. if quality control is there your concern is meaningless. everyday you either wear or use products made using cheap foreign labor, it's inevitable. if its of that much concern choose not to buy

All but the soles of the luxury brand’s footwear are made in Transylvania before being ‘finished’ in Italy and France

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎