• kira
      • Mar 2008

Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="firstlove"]

sorta reminds me of jessica simpson. she seems kinda bitchy though. =/

however, i'd definately hit it. [74]

[/quote]

hit that shit [86]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]or in ccp ninth month preggers rape dress. yuuuummm
        [/quote]

I actually love this dress...crushed glass? interesting [^o)]

CRUSHED GLASS AND LEATHER DRESS (9TH MONTH RAPE DRESS)

fe-male s/s 2002

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="voltaire's anti-defamation league"]

[quote user="Casius"]Seeing a girl in any Rick Owens just makes my day.[/quote]

yeah im still convinced this babe is my soulmate:

;)

[/quote]

That girl's a cutie. I'm convinced you two will meet some day and make little long, blonde haired babies and then you will use draped cashmere/silk blend fabric as a diaper, ala Rick Owens.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• jak1
            • Dec 2007

Why does he even use a size tag?

OK.. now,, just downtown NYC at some unnamed discount store trying on some rick owens gear.. and the smalls are sometimes too big and the large are sometimes too small.. I see in the classifieds a guy taking a price lashing on a black leather jacket that was purchased in the wrong size.. I have read here many times about the uncertainty and inconsistency of RO sizing.. I am not even sure why they put a size tag on the garments at this point.. and then I took a step back and thought about the effect of this sizing.. It is almost genius as it places more power into the full priced retailers hands.. it forces customer to go to the official in-person high end boutiques and try on the garments.. This probably strengthens stores that carry the brand.. also, it prevents people from selling things so easy in the secondary market.. SZ, sufu and ebay are different because they do sometimes provide measurements.. but, eluxury, yoox, brownfashions, oki-ni, etc.. just provide a size.. so, as for me.. stuck paying full retail at barneys and atelier until this guy finds a little consistency..

-JAK

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Re: Why does he even use a size tag?

wellyou could justinspect the stuff in person and buy elsewhere,or look for measurements

the sizing is all over the place, but I've done both of the above and hardly ever mis-sized on RO pieces.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• dji
                • Feb 2008

I have a sneaking suspicion you may be talking about me jak1 [86]

unfortunately trying the stuff on in person isn't always an option (particularly on this side of the world), and even sizing charts are fairly inconsistent for RO pieces on the webstores.

Comment

• dream
                  • Nov 2007

i've been fortunate with RO pieces, but i agree, his sizing is all over the place.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

nice conspiracy, jak1 :-). I think that on RO's part this is just either plain old sloppiness, or a will to dictate to a customer how certain things should be worn.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"][quote user="Faust"]

Actually, if you can also explain in the Rick Owens thread why you see him as campy, I would like that as well. [51]

[/quote]

Well, for starters, we have the words of the man himself. From the hintmag interview:

Editors seem intent on waving the goth banner over you. Do you hate that?
                      It doesn't bother me, but sometimes I wonder if they know my aesthetic is more camp than gothy. I'm just a big drama queen, but more queen than drama. My look is about an appreciation of teenage angst without actually having the angst. It's more objective than personal. I just ran across an article about Serge Lutens, the guy who did the make-up for Shiseido ads during the 70s and 80s. I was thinking I really want to know this guy. Or be this guy. We have so many of the same aesthetic touchstones. He was really into J.K. Huysmans, who wrote Against the Grain, in which the main character Des Eissantes locked himself in an ivory tower collecting Gustav Moreau paintings, ivory snuffboxes and perfumes. I love the idea of an obsessive and sickly queen tucked away in his silk-lined bedroom.

[/quote]

Rick Owens can be campy - those 5" heels of his certainly are.

Comment

• dji
                        • Feb 2008

[quote user="Faust"]nice conspiracy, jak1 :-). I think that on RO's part this is just either plain old sloppiness, or a will to dictate to a customer how certain things should be worn.
                        [/quote]

I think the way the designer intends it to be worn has a lot to do with why certain pieces aren't true to size too. At least Ann D is reasonably consistent with her oversized stuff though haha.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

www.style.com has a preview of the new RO store in tribeca

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

So is Atelier partnering up with Rick for the joint? That would be news to me!
                            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

they're going to be running it. looks like the new RO store is taking over the coconut company space.
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

muy interesting.....
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎