Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BeauIXI
    • Nov 2008

I heard The cell is scary, so I've never seen it.. I'm sure it's good.

The film itself is lacking, definitely. With each passing scene you wonder why there are so few commercials, because it feels as though you're watching a made-for-tv movie. But at the same time, it's almost like it's meant to be that way.. In my experience, though, you really can't go wrong with Bruce Willis. It was interesting, to say the least, and it kept me entertained, though it didn't wow me philosophically or inspire me all that much.
    Originally posted by philip nod
    somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• bonejelly
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by JetLag View Post
      Does anyone plan to buy the huge beach towel, for 2 maybe 3 persons, sold at Palais Royal? It's illustrated by a photo taken by Rick representing the mascot of hot-dog firm. Useless and funny.
      definitely scratching my head when i saw the drkshdw tees this season with the hotdog print...

was the motivation for this ever explained?

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Rick likes hotdogs?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jak1
          • Dec 2007

RO price increase discussion food for thought

and the last sew sentances..

"Kalenderian makes the same point. "A real fashion customer isn't necessarily driven by price first," he says. "I think they go for the look. Brands that don't look like anything else, that have a distinctive DNA, they're doing well."

Well, that explains why we're seeing Rick Owens all over the place these days."

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

New on SHOWStudio

Founded by Nick Knight, SHOWstudio pushes the boundaries of communicating fashion with live content, innovative collaborations and unique conversations from leading global figures.

"Providing an intimate portrait of Rick Owens in his own words and his own clothing, this filmic diptych, shot live during the action on set, explores Nick Knight's monograph of an American fashion legend."
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• cuddly
              • Sep 2007

^^ pretty cool

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

that photo shoot is really lovely. Somewhat reminiscent of early DH shoots where hair is everywhere.

The videos aren't loading for me... but I'm sure they're pretty neat to watch as well! Thanks Mr. Beuys!
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mrbeuys
                  • May 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                  Thanks Mr. Beuys!
                  Pleasure. Videos are cool, the one form the shoot is just standard (albeit well executed) 'let's run a camera while we shoot' fare, but I like the interview.
                  And yes, the photoshoot looks really nice. As does the jacket he's wearing in the pic I posted... a sure contender to break the bank in September.
                  Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

^^ To my point about the video, here's the concept that comes with it:

"Playing out against a classical soundtrack, the atmospheric black-and-white fashion short created by Nick Knight and Ruth Hogben is inspired by the belle epoque aesthete Comte Robert de Montesquiou-Fezensac, his 'Black and Gold' portraits by Whistler and his role as muse to novelist Joris-Karl Huysman in the creation of Des Esseintes, anti-hero of his subversive masterpiece À rebours. Case in point: the above image, where Owens' seemingly severed head rests on a silver platter in visual echo of John The Baptist in Gustave Moreau's 'Salome', a Symbolist art masterpiece featured in Huysman's own masterpiece of Symbolist prose. (the opera of the same name was also used as the soundtrack to Owens' menswear show)."

If it takes longer to read the explanation than to watch the video, it's usually not worth watching in the first place... don't mean to hate, but sorry - what a load of bollocks. Looks nice tho.

Comment

• JetLag
                      • Jul 2008

Rick is definitely the best model for his own clothes
                      Originally posted by danman
                      If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Hint Video: Rick Owens
                        Over 10 minutes of Rick! Can you handle it? Here's what you'll learn: he takes a nap every day, thinks L.A. designers should get off their asses, is a terrible collaborator, used to feel like a sell-out, doesn't like press offices, will open a Tokyo store in September and can't deal with young people with cute haircuts...

"what the fuck do I do with a collage?"
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

HAHA :D great vid. I love that table damn so nice.

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

There's an interview with richard in the new Arena Hommo Plus. I'm a little bored with Rick's empire growing so I haven't read it all yet, but SZ gets a mention!! (although unfortunately it's referred to as simply "Zeitgeist" - maybe that's how the dick refers to it though...)

Comment

• midnight
                              • Mar 2009

Hahaha. That video is so funny. It's always interesting to see a video of rick when hes not being interviewed to see what he's actually thinking of.

Comment

• generic_guy
                                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                There's an interview with richard in the new Arena Hommo Plus. I'm a little bored with Rick's empire growing so I haven't read it all yet, but SZ gets a mention!! (although unfortunately it's referred to as simply "Zeitgeist" - maybe that's how the dick refers to it though...)
                                "So, I was looking at Fashion Spot or Zeitgeist or something and it said, "Rick looks like a creepy guy who probably belongs to NAMBLA and lurks in the corners of gay bars looking for chickens to plough through..." something along those lines. It was really good! I kept it-I might well print it on a t-shirt. I thought, "Oh my God, they're so spot on. That's how my life could have been". And he laughs.

Quote seems more SZ than TFS to me, who said it?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎