X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Re: New Avantindietro for feet

I'm with Arto. I really don't think the pics do any kind of justice and I think the opposite is true of what Jeff is speculating of the pictures. The pieces are better in person imo. I thought duck bill last season as well, but once I tried them on, I was into it. The boots are clean and I am loving that he did a rear zip this season. Though I am impartial to the slight spiral in the zip, I am definitely picking up a pair.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• DHC
      • Jul 2007

Also wondering what everyone thinks of the whole attached details spin on things. The new pics posted show the buttoned in hood. He's done removable pockets and experimented with detachable collars as well. Any thoughts? I personally don't like the idea that I could lose parts of my clothing. I lost my pocket!!! [86] What a weird thing to tell people.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

what about the garments, p?

I'm interested in that leather shirt.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• maldoror
          • Jun 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

I think this heel looks kind of amazing.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

[quote user="Avantster"]

what about the garments, p?

I'm interested in that leather shirt.

[/quote]

the shirts look cool, although the same as they did last season when i copped a black leather and a white cotton button down, so i don't have much enthusiasm for them left. i do love the new boots in pics however...it seems like the carpe diem crew produces a very good/excellent first season after CD which is surprising and then gets worse due to a lack of sponsorship and advice from the former clan, which i also find surprising. i still find LUC uninspiring despite many that find him inspiring which is surprising.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• pipcleo
              • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

. . . beneath a downpour of CCPee

EDIT: okay, I'll go kill myself now.

Comment

• matthewhk
                  • Jan 2007

no comment on the shoes...

but all avantindietro clothing i've seen in person was terribly uninspiring and overpriced.

Comment

• amit shoham
                    • Nov 2006

what do you do after you've created perfection? altieri of courseis not the first maverick to deal with this haunting question. like hemingway, he can start hating himself, drinking too much and eventually put a bullet in his head. like salinger, he can become afraid of the very perfection he created and just vanish from life alltogether. and like saul below, he can just keep going, keep doing what he does best and just ignore, or rather except, the fact everything he'll do from now on will be a "variation on a theme", an echoof his glory past, while stillhoping, deep down in his heart, thatone day hewill be able toachieve the same level of purity and clarity, or maybe even some new level of greatnes. and that, this third way, isthe most adorable of ways. looking at his new creations, one can't avoid the feeling it's not C-diem, far from it. but at the same time, one can feel the determination to keep going, and the brightness that still flows from his head and fingers. altieri is a true ninja, if there ever was one.3-4 seasons from now, he'll be giving us clothes that would make our souls fuller and our pockets emptier.

Amen.

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

/\ quite a thoughtful post. [51]
                      Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

Word!

[quote user="amit shoham"]

what do you do after you've created perfection? altieri of courseis not the first maverick to deal with this haunting question. like hemingway, he can start hating himself, drinking too much and eventually put a bullet in his head. like salinger, he can become afraid of the very perfection he created and just vanish from life alltogether. and like saul below, he can just keep going, keep doing what he does best and just ignore, or rather except, the fact everything he'll do from now on will be a "variation on a theme", an echoof his glory past, while stillhoping, deep down in his heart, thatone day hewill be able toachieve the same level of purity and clarity, or maybe even some new level of greatnes. and that, this third way, isthe most adorable of ways. looking at his new creations, one can't avoid the feeling it's not C-diem, far from it. but at the same time, one can feel the determination to keep going, and the brightness that still flows from his head and fingers. altieri is a true ninja, if there ever was one.3-4 seasons from now, he'll be giving us clothes that would make our souls fuller and our pockets emptier.

Amen.

[/quote]
                        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• XSKY
                          • Jun 2008

[quote user="maldoror"]

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

so hot

[/quote]
                          snafu, you are such a kunktease.

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Amen.

[/quote]

...and amen. Nice Amit. BTW, I lost your email a little while back. Could you shoot it over to me at david@sartorialoft.com or pm me? Thanks.

Sartorialoft

Comment

• Re: New Avantindietro for feet

[/quote]

his progression seems inevitable but distant, pre-destined but disappointing, a solitary incremental achievement after years of collective breakthroughs.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

i like some of the AV shit more than CD. i wore the cotton shirt w dangling thruster in honor of this thread today and its really such a good shirt. well porportioned and hugs in the right places...actually i feel like i feel in love w it. there's a great math rock relationship happening w the summer emo edition of SZ. the more people say it sucks on here, and the more people lose money to dishonest fucking losers, the more i love paying les or more for these hated designers truthfully and the more balance i achieve.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎