Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Tried on the notu craziness yesterday. Totally different from what I had in my mind. Superthin but strong, quite rough and coarse but comfortable. Strange, really, definitely different from any other fabric I have tried so far...
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

Commenting on Doldrums post:
      Agree with you about both IS and Devoa. Everything I've seen and handled have been very impressive. Owned a few IS pieces but sold them within a short time. Nothing has been 100%. Yet they're very young and will surely produce many noteworthy lines in the years to come. And their lines as a whole seem much more consistent and solid than MA+.
      That being said, the pieces I do own and have kept by MA+ are of the most functional and favored. They get more rotation than anything else in my closet. Mostly coats and accessories. Still can't get down with the high necks and short torsos of his tops. And you have to give it to the guy for trying new things. Sure, he brings back some of the same. Everyone has their bread and butter. But I still see him trying new designs and challenging himself. Which must be a difficult task when a base of your designs is that of simplicity.

Comment

• comex9
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        bag is baller, no doubt about it. two thumbs up from siskel and ebert.
        one's dead, you just aged yourself as I did

Comment

• thaiison
          • Dec 2009

boots are incredible, leather looks so fresh in the second pair.

Comment

• comex9
            • Jan 2009

I was wondering if anyone had a chance to sample the soft wallet. A is sold out of them. They (A) called it the 'blue' wallet. More traditional than the accordian style. My question is; has anyone seen the small and medium and if one is more suitable than the other. Secondly, is the 'soft' wallets worth it, in regards to leather quality/style, etc.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I've been using the soft wallet for a few months now, and it seems to be holding up nicely with daily use in my backpocket. it is indeed very soft, so if you have cards in, they will probably leave an impression on the material. the only thing I'd change is to make the exterior double layered or thicker, so it wouldn't have these card impressions.

I also have the traditional wallet, but I prefer this one as its much more thinner and easier to wear in the back pocket without looking like a douche.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kanne
                • Jun 2009

comex9: Have you tried Darklands yet?
                I think they have at least the medium one, it most certainly is on their website.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

saw the new wallet at a yesterday. I prefer the old one by far. so simple so perfect. this one seemed way too overdesigned. there are 20-30 places for cards. who has that many cards? cumbersome was my intial impression.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Look and concept wise I always liked the classic style more, but the thin one is a lot more practical. The old one has far less compartments so I had to put multiple cards in one space, which wears them out as they rub against each other. Still its a lot thicker which makes it more uncomfortable to wear in your pocket. Plus fitting bills in the old one seems difficult, you have to fold them whereas the new one fits at least euro bills perfectly.
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post

I also have the traditional wallet, but I prefer this one as its much more thinner and easier to wear in the back pocket without looking like a douche.

so that's the name for guys with fat wallet$$?
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

the old one does get constanza like, and cards rub against each other, but in the 3 years ive been using them, never destroyed a card or anything. ironically, the only pants where the wallet becomes really noticeable are the five pocket pants...i think there is a space between the wallets that could bridge both and be a better solution. can you post pics of yours? there's like a whole nother set of cards and money slots on the reverse side of the pics on A

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post

so that's the name for guys with fat wallet$$?
                          haha, not the fact that your wallet is fat, but a giant bulge in your back pocket is kind of douchey

here is mine:

for comparison here is the old one empty, and the new one filled up (10 or so cards and some bills and receipts):

Comment

• quiet noise
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2008

Whats the deal with the aviator hoodie? i have serious trouble picturing an actual aviator wearing something like that. why do they call it aviator hoodie?

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

world war 1 I believe
                              can u post interior pics lowrey the inside is like an mc esher poster hanging in a girls college dormroom signaling the end of innocence

Comment

• dream
                                • Nov 2007

there's a pic of the inside on A's site. looks like about 12 compartments.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎