X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

you and your demands. it has 12 individual card slots.

I actually broke the magnet strip on one card, I blame partially the old wallet as I kept that card between two others, add me sitting on the wallet every day.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• endersgame
      • Aug 2009

^^ no amex black card?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
        ^^ no amex black card?
        The platinum amex is the better deal IMO... you still have the concierce service and the annual fee is significantly less. I like the idea of being being able to access the airline travel lounges too with it.
        Last edited by Chinorlz; 04-25-2010, 03:19 PM.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

thanks lowrey!
          i swear the one A has like five other compartments maybe i was seeing things. good to hear you like it
          how does the platinum card fit in to the equation albert
          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
            thanks lowrey!
            i swear the one A has like five other compartments maybe i was seeing things. good to hear you like it
            how does the platinum card fit in to the equation albert
            Oops, my bad. Got things all mixed up after seeing the images.

I was referring to the platinum. Annual fee $500 versus I think around $2k-ish?

Granted, if you got invited to the centurion then money is likely not an issue
            www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• May 2007

A bit off topic but have to chime in...Black card is 2500 a year but gives you much more than that back...

At least 2k a year in gift certificates ($500 to each of abc carpet, ferragamo, michael kors, diane von furstenberg, and ralph lauren in the past year),

gold on most of the airlines which allows you to book a ticket within 3 days of departure (5 on one of them i think) and get automatically upgraded to first...plus separate check-in lines and airline club memberships - including Virgin which is worth it along if you travel to London!

A few times they've paid to do focus group interviews, roughly $500 cash for an hour or so of your time.

Hotel and car benefits - worth it for a few of the better deals - free nights at mandarin oriental, and a bunch of perks at other hotels.

Many other benefits like theft insurance and price protection.

It's titanium! :)

As for the wallet - I hate thick wallets, and it's bad for your back to put it in your back pocket - changes your posture. I had the old version and sold it, the new one might work. There, back on topic.

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
              Oops, my bad. Got things all mixed up after seeing the images.

I was referring to the platinum. Annual fee $500 versus I think around $2k-ish?

Granted, if you got invited to the centurion then money is likely not an issue

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by image View Post
                At least 2k a year in gift certificates ($500 to each of abc carpet, ferragamo, michael kors, diane von furstenberg, and ralph lauren in the past year),
                Those are some choice premium retailers for sure .

Agreed about the thickness - one of the reasons I never got the appeal.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks lowrey,

Wallets re something I never really liked for myself, in part because i hate carrying anything in my pockets at all.
                  its a rather interesting thing because i hate pants without pockets.
                  i like the design though, I actually liked the ones Albert made in his first collection. I saw forum member Raw Edge with one in person.

I carry around a JPG women's wallet in my bag, which is kinda weird to a lot of people.
                  I bought it about three years ago on here from John for my wife who hardly used it and it ended up becoming mine.............
                  Guess I dislike the idea of sitting lopsided
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                    Thanks lowrey,

I carry around a JPG women's wallet in my bag, which is kinda weird to a lot of people.
                    I bought it about three years ago on here from John for my wife who hardly used it and it ended up becoming mine.............
                    Guess I dislike the idea of sitting lopsided
                    Seinfeld strikes again.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• comex9
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by dream View Post
                      there's a pic of the inside on A's site. looks like about 12 compartments.
                      I might be wrong, but A's is a small, while Lowrey's is a medium. L, thanks for your input. I'm sold on picking one up, as long as i'm right in the assumption that you hold a medium.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

ermm I have no idea, I thought it was one size. a smaller one wouldn't even fit cards..?
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          ermm I have no idea, I thought it was one size. a smaller one wouldn't even fit cards..?
                          heheh...you're right ML. I don't think it could fit cards if it were any smaller. I only know this wallet to come in one size as well.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

Try the double wallet, they get thick, way too much for trouser pockets but still nice. I use the card holder despite having various versions, im always skint so its not like my wallet would ever be busting with bills or platinum cards; more like oyster card, photocopy card, library card, drivers license (not cause i have a car but so i can buy beer).
                            My girl uses a large wallet which always gets comments, when all the other girls have different variations of the channel.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

yeah yeah always skint
                              always tons of new purchases
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

thats why im skint ;)
                                student life and affording these clothes isn't easy, hence the snow dealing

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎