Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kuugaia
    • Feb 2010

I wasn't as much of a fan of this fabric. It certainly feels durable but it also comes with a certain roughness to it. Definitely see it working on boots, on a jacket...not so.

Comment

• BSR
      • Aug 2008

for me it's a bit like drkshdw poplin, but much thicker/sturdier, and of course it will soften with time
      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
        for me it's a bit like drkshdw poplin, but much thicker/sturdier, and of course it will soften with time
        Its a actually a Fabric that is way stronger than Poplin. its called "rip-stop", which is a fabric originally designed for military clothing. Those box ridges in the fabric are actually designed to prevent the fabric from tearing easily beyond the squares, as the threads around those weaves are stronger than the ones in it.
        Depending on the fabric makeup (usually 50/50 Nylon/ Cotton) it can be exceedingly more durable than denim
        Last edited by zamb; 07-25-2010, 11:39 AM.
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BSR
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by zamb View Post
          Its a actually a Fabric that is way stronger than Poplin. its called Rip-stop. which is a fabric originally edesigned for military clothing. those box ridges in the fabric is actually designed to prevent the fabric from tearing easily beyond the squares as the threads in those weaves are stronger than the ones in it.
          Depending on the fabric makeup (usually 50/50 Nylon/ Cotton) it can be exceedingly more durable than denim
          you're absolutely right Zamb, the similarity between this ma+ fabric and the drkshdw poplin was just about the texture / feeling, which is rough, and the grid pattern that covers both of them.
          pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
          Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• stretcheroo
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
            does anyone have experience with this material? at first i was a little turned off by the grid pattern. but, i don't know, it has kind of grown on me. it looks tough, like a semi-industrial fabric or some tear resistant teflon type thing (i know it is cotton). and it looks stiff like it will break in and age well. i especially like it on this raglan blazer
            I bought this jacket from Zekka. I have not worn it much, but it is quite stiff. I first saw the pattern on some ma+ lace-ups that Pollyanna had last season, loved it, and then came across the jacket at Zekka. If you have any of the carpe linen over leathers, the feel of the material is similar.

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

you should give pollyanna a call - i think they have some experience with this material - they sold the 5-pocket pants in this fabric.....
              Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
              does anyone have experience with this material? at first i was a little turned off by the grid pattern. but, i don't know, it has kind of grown on me. it looks tough, like a semi-industrial fabric or some tear resistant teflon type thing (i know it is cotton). and it looks stiff like it will break in and age well. i especially like it on this raglan blazer

thoughts??
              Last edited by eton97; 07-27-2010, 12:45 PM.
              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

My MA+ Staple Boots...

Here are a couple of photos of my MA+ Staple boots....bought them SS09 and they have aged beautifully....I think these are probably one of the best versions he did...the colour is amazing - I think these are the pair I'm being buried in........

Last edited by eton97; 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

they are beautiful

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

And another rare pair of MA+ Shoes...

Great shape, great colour....another pair of amazing MA+ Shoes...I bought them AW09

Last edited by eton97; 09-07-2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

• marco-von
                      • Feb 2009

they are the only shoes or even item i've wanted to own from grandma muzz. Patience you swine! one day i'll be king.

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

Thank you and appreciated.....I haven't seen many versions of this shoe around - and certainly none in this colour....very cool

And thank you snafu.......they are even better in the flesh!

Originally posted by marco-von View Post
                        they are the only shoes or even item i've wanted to own from grandma muzz. Patience you swine! one day i'll be king.
                        Last edited by eton97; 07-27-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

those two are definitely the best I've seen out of MA+ footwear
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

great pics.!
                            reminded me of an issue i have which prohibits me from kopping dope derbys has anyone had any problems with the cut of the derby grinding against the outer facing ankle bone? had same problem w carpe. ccp and guidi are cut much lower and not a problem.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                              • Mar 2007

Outer AND Inner

Pnod, I had that problem initially with my ma+ derbs. In fact it was grinding both outer and inner bones. I then wore it with a thin insole, and that slight elevation of the foot kinda alleviated the ankle grinding.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

...due to my flat feet, i have to wear insole which elevate my heel by about 0.5cm, which seems to solve the problem completely....never thought there was a positive to flat feet, but you have just given me a very good one!

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                great pics.!
                                reminded me of an issue i have which prohibits me from kopping dope derbys has anyone had any problems with the cut of the derby grinding against the outer facing ankle bone? had same problem w carpe. ccp and guidi are cut much lower and not a problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎