Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

finally, after many misses, a dope ma+ model.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• doldrums
      • Dec 2008

Funny, was about to post the same thing. First store fit pics this season that make me want to purchase something.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

does look good. aviator and hooded vest looking especially short though. old news but unfortunately doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

not a bad price for the cotton/wool aviator with a lining too. relatively speaking.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Ivans On High
          Banned
          • Oct 2008

It doesn't look nearly as short in Archive's pictures, and apparently their model is 6'1". Either the Zekka model is a giant or someone's telling porkies.

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

For the photo archive.

MA+ One Piece Derby in Reverse Calf...

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
              It doesn't look nearly as short in Archive's pictures, and apparently their model is 6'1". Either the Zekka model is a giant or someone's telling porkies.
              He works there and he's not short. But the MA+ is a bit. As with all the Aviator styles as of late.

Comment

• move_ment
                • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                finally, after many misses, a dope ma+ model.
                no shit eh, looks amazing.

in regards to the shortness of the jackets, I have to say from an aesthetic point of view he is nailing it. I think it's what makes it special, and if it was any longer proportionally it'd be too normal looking to be visually interesting. He's balancing that fine line beautifully, it's almost like the drop-crotch concept but for the torso, reversed.

Comment

• eton97
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                  I do wish wish he made a hoodless version though.
                  I do agree with Enaml - I tried on the leather aviator, and would have seriously considered it had there been a hoodless version. The hood is a really strange shape and I can't see how you would comfortably wear it. Makes you look like a scuba diver.
                  MA did a leather collared version a couple of seasons ago which was amazing.

Monty - stunning shoes! Sold out everywhere. Give me a shout when get bored of them.
                  you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                    no shit eh, looks amazing.

in regards to the shortness of the jackets, I have to say from an aesthetic point of view he is nailing it. I think it's what makes it special, and if it was any longer proportionally it'd be too normal looking to be visually interesting. He's balancing that fine line beautifully, it's almost like the drop-crotch concept but for the torso, reversed.
                    nice idea. after a long oven hot summer of dick drop crotch and long t's i'm looking forward to bringing my waist line back up from the depths.
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

The torso length of ma has never bothered me; but im below average height so maybe its doing me favours. The leather shirt and the heavy japanese jersey outwear i own always work well in the way the allow my trousers to have a visible rise, i don't really like it when the top half of an outfit sits just above a trouser seat; it kinda looks awkward and undecided, i guess il fitting.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i think whats changed the most with regard to the length of the aviators and similar garments is the difference between the front and the back. the back of the jackets are still a fairly standard length, but it is cut much shorter in the front. this discrepancy has increased over the last few seasons.

i can agree with move_ment that it is aesthetically pleasing to some extent. and for me it is in line with the overall anatomical fit if the jacket. this SS10 aviator is cut super slim and fits right up against the body. the shortness in the front allows for freedom of movement while still keeping it zipped up. you can bend over, sit down, do whatever and the jacket remains unmoved. which is almost necessary due to the stiffness of the fabric. combined with the hood, the scalloped hem, the long anatomical sleeves, it is reminiscent of body armor. and it imparts that feeling to the wearer.

however, i don't think there is ever an instance where a man's garment should end at his belly button

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

I'm not entirely sure about the current leather aviator, but I do know that Zekka in the past has asked Amadei to produce longer cut tees for their store order instead of the regular belly button cuts.

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

seems like aw10 also have an iteration without the pockets, or an re-issue?

i also do think that, ma+ for the smaller frames.

Comment

• cuddly
                              • Sep 2007

tried on the leather aviator. i really wanted to like,but i'm not diggin the short length.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Has anyone seen those jeans IRL? Looks like the same cut/design as the pants from this season with the cinched knees. I wasn't a huge fan of that detail when I saw them. Like-wise for the cinched sleeve on the aviator. It seems like an addition that could easily become damaged and problematic. Not feeling how dyed/indigo they look either.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎