Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

more importantly though, and i know this link has been posted before, and no offense to h.lorenzo, i think they made the best of what was available, but this is sad. there is not one "new" piece worth kopping here.

ma+ SS 11

the linen shirt is nice. but it is a reissue. the outpockets jacket is ok but looks ill fitting and in white. the hooded knit has a wacky long string thing, and the pants and henleys look like pajamas (thin, flimsy, shapeless, cheap). pants are not remotely an improvement on the pleated knee or 5 pocket styles. the aviator looks nice but fuck can we please get a "new" aviator. meaning a new classic design from ma+. yeah the aviator design is sick, we all love it, but whats next maurizio? please...

and i'm a fan. loyal to the brand.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kuugaia
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by magic View Post

close up of the lining.
      The lining is indeed badass. Very coarse and extremely warm. This is also the best iteration of the aviator in my opinion because of the front pockets and sleeves. I just love how the pleats at the elbow meld in nicely with the panel work, which also makes it a more comfortable piece (even more noticeable in the leather version). And as pnod said, it really isn't as short as it seems. Although its still typical Amadei cropped style.

Only thing is that I developed a rash after trying it on...was probably from the crazy lining...

Comment

• Peasant
        • Jul 2009

What's the difference with the front pockets on this one? Can't really tell in the pic.
        Also, and I know it's been discussed before, but it's longer in the back. In person it doesn't appear as short as a two dim. shot directly from the front. The oddness of it is an aquired taste. Part of it's greatness.

Comment

• bestial
          • Jun 2008

^ I think he means that it has side pockets, cause I think it does.

So this is the same length as the other ones? I have the green ss09, and I haven't felt that it's that (as the new one are pictured) short.

The back is constructed in a new way too, mine has three panels and a + in the middle, I guess this has something to do with the new front.
          Last edited by bestial; 10-29-2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

Yeah, it has side and top pockets on the front. The back is constructed similar to Devoa's anatomical cut tops. A kind of spiral panel from memory and is slightly longer than the front.

The short torso look really is also growing on me...maybe not for shirts but definitely for jackets.

Comment

• stretcheroo
              • Nov 2009

I have to agree with Faust. As much as I love my aviator, the arms are WAY WAY too long. I just don't understand what the purpose is of cutting the sleeves that long.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

I figured it had side pockets. Though they're hard to see in the pic. Saw it in SF and didn't get past the pleated sleeves. Loved the lining though.
                The sleeves are super long, but it doesn't interfere with my everyday activities. I suppose this particular style would have to be cuffed, as the older ones rolled back.
                I agree with Bestial; does not feel a bit too short when worn.

Comment

• sshum88
                  • Dec 2007

This is the only version of the aviator that I've had the opportunity to try on so I have no reference as to whether this is longer or shorter than prior versions. I tried on a 46 and 48 recently.

I imagine that the cut will work on some body types and not on others. I didn't feel that the front was cut too short (the 48 ended up around my belt buckle) and the arm length was about perfect (just below my wrist).

I agree that the hood is a little odd compared to other hooded coats that I have but isn't this part of what differentiates this from other hooded coats?

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                  I have to agree with Faust. As much as I love my aviator, the arms are WAY WAY too long. I just don't understand what the purpose is of cutting the sleeves that long.
                  Originally posted by eat me
                  If you can't see the work past the fucking taped seams , cold dye wash or raw hems - perhaps you shouldn't really be looking at all.

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Wallets

Comment

• MikeN
                      • Nov 2007

Did I miss something or are there very few FW09 photos in this thread? Was there a separate thread for that season or something?

Comment

• sammywaslow
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                        I've heard that grandma fully expects people to take to his garments with scissors if they wish. Looking at my aviator, after chopping to suit, you'd just need to secure the seam with a simple loop stitch ...

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                          • Feb 2009

My boots are on their way!

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

ok....so don't me....in a momentary lapse of reason last night, after getting fed-up with constantly getting blue hands every time i wore my MA+ jeans, and after completely tiring of 'denim blue' colour, i decided to dye them.
                            Slapped them in the machine with a packet of dylon antique grey dye (rather than black as thought the mix or blue and gray would be interesting)
                            currently on the rack drying, but have to say 100% chuffed with the result....looks kind of faded black with a bit of colour change in different light....Will try and post a pic when i get home, but glad to say they will be back on the rota...
                            whether you agree or not, i think one of my better experiements
                            you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

I had to google "chuffed" to find out if it was a good thing or a bad thing.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

–adjective British: Informal : delighted; pleased

actually can't wait to get them on...trouble is the denim is so heavy it takes 3 days to dry
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎