• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

propr innit mate!!!
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eton97
      • Dec 2008

i see you took a little bit of london home with you guv'nor
      you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• calv
        • May 2009

ma+ new collection photo collage @ shelter2 blog

Comment

• DmD
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
          ok....so don't me....in a momentary lapse of reason last night, after getting fed-up with constantly getting blue hands every time i wore my MA+ jeans, and after completely tiring of 'denim blue' colour, i decided to dye them.
          Slapped them in the machine with a packet of dylon antique grey dye (rather than black as thought the mix or blue and gray would be interesting)
          currently on the rack drying, but have to say 100% chuffed with the result....looks kind of faded black with a bit of colour change in different light....Will try and post a pic when i get home, but glad to say they will be back on the rota...
          whether you agree or not, i think one of my better experiements
          Sounds interesting. I've always thought those jeans were a bit too blue for my taste so I'm intrigued by the gray dye job. Yes, please post photos of the results.

Comment

• eton97
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by DmD View Post
            Sounds interesting. I've always thought those jeans were a bit too blue for my taste so I'm intrigued by the gray dye job. Yes, please post photos of the results.
            agreed - they were pretty bright blue, and the dye kept coming off even after washing it with salts and then vinegar....now they don't stain at all now.....much happier with the result...

Last edited by eton97; 12-06-2010, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• DmD
              • Jul 2010

eton97 They came out great. I definitely prefer them to the original blue. That's giving me the courage to try some dying myself on some pieces that I don't love the color of.

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Cheers D

DYLON machine wash dyes. I swear by them, and what's the downside, if you don't wear the clothes anyway in their original colour. I've done this a couple of times and so far never gone wrong...
                40 degree wash with the dye and salt, then 40 degree normal wash, and that's it.
                If it can take 40 degrees it will work perfectly.
                This colour was a mix of antique gray and velvet black.
                Last edited by eton97; 12-07-2010, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

Does the dye come off with wear at all? Like rub off on things?
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

it did in its original form, and even thought i washed them and tried to fix the dye, it still left my hands blue.....now that I have custom dyed them, there is no colour transfer whatsoever!

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

damn those jeans went from zero to hero. way better now.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eton97
                        • Dec 2008

cheers - they have become a daily staple for me now....
                        was just looking at them before....

Comment

• kuugaia
                          • Feb 2010

Dylon machine wash dye is something I can vouch for as well. No color transfer, even dye on the clothes and simple process for noobs. I've only used the black one though.

Things to keep in mind is that it works better with garments similar in color. Dying white with black dye will give you a dark blue. And threads will not retain the dye, so best to check the threads on your garment first.

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                            • Oct 2010

NEED opinions about Guidi vs MA+ for the ladies

Dear All,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I have to act soon...

My questions is simply this: I have not handled the MA+ women's boots in person. I have a pair of Guidis, and they are perhaps one of the most comfortable I own.

For those of you who MA+ boots, do you find that the toe box softens, i.e., the toe box point less "up" as when you first receive them? I have heard amazing things about his boots, but having not handled them, I could definitely use an opinion.

My options are as follows: MA+ bison in drk brown, lace in the back with a hanging strap. http://gallery.me.com/evagentry#100033/DSC_0365&bgcolor=black. Or Guidi reverse zip with reverse horse dirty grey with a 3" heel, or Guidi horse reverse zip with 1 3/4" heel. They are here.http://www.downtownshop.com/fall-201...oots-3242.html The first Guidi with the heel I mentioned is on the same page.

Naturally, "value," as in quality for price is important. Comfort, obv. Workmanship that will make me go "oooo" when I inevitably examine the construction is also important. I love the craft.

Thanks in advance all,

MBD
                            Last edited by MetroBulotDodo; 12-17-2010, 04:49 PM. Reason: clarification
                            "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                            It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                            My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• DmD
                              • Jul 2010

Originally posted by MetroBulotDodo View Post
                              Dear All,

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I have to act soon...

My questions is simply this: I have not handled the MA+ women's boots in person. I have a pair of Guidis, and they are perhaps one of the most comfortable I own.

For those of you who MA+ boots, do you find that the toe box softens, i.e., the toe box point less "up" as when you first receive them? I have heard amazing things about his boots, but having not handled them, I could definitely use an opinion.

My options are as follows: MA+ bison in drk brown, lace in the back with a hanging strap. http://gallery.me.com/evagentry#100033/DSC_0365&bgcolor=black. Or Guidi reverse zip with reverse horse dirty grey with a 3" heel, or Guidi horse reverse zip with 1 3/4" heel. They are here.http://www.downtownshop.com/fall-201...oots-3242.html The first Guidi with the heel I mentioned is on the same page.

Naturally, "value," as in quality for price is important. Comfort, obv. Workmanship that will make me go "oooo" when I inevitably examine the construction is also important. I love the craft.

Thanks in advance all,

MBD

Wow MBD, this is a tough one. Those are both great boots and I think you'll different opinions on this forum, but here's mine: I would almost always take a pair of MA+ boots or shoes over Guidi, and in this case I much prefer the MA+ boots over the Guidi that you are comparing. I think the toe box will soften and have a more natural curve. I haven't seen any MA+ boots or shoes that point up aggressively once they are worn for a little while - if they fit properly.

I have owned Guidi, MA+, Augusta and others, and my favorite pair of shoes and boots that I currently own are both MA+. Just thought I'd state my bias up front. I'll get into why I feel this way below.

Build - I prefer the build quality of MA+ to Guidi (and Augusta). mostly because there's something more refined about them. They are all built to last, so I don't think that's an issue.

Leather - Obviously Guidi is known for it's great leather but I think MA+ may be underrated. Some of Maurizo's reversed leathers and the newer Bison leather is among the best I've ever felt. The reversed leather in the MA+ boots you are looking at is beautiful (I have felt them) and I find it more interesting and unique than the Guidi. I will add that I prefer a shoe to age naturally and don't usually go for what I feel are heavy handed leather effects. I think MA+ footwear makes does this well.

Style - I just find the MA+ more innovative and forward looking in terms of design. A great mix of minimal and forward with a nod to history.

Quality Control - I personally think this may be a topic that does not get enough consideration in footwear. I realize that we are dealing with hand made pieces, but I don't think it's too much to ask to have the left and right shoes fit like the same size, or to not have to jump up or down over a full size within the same line of footwear. Anyways, I have found MA+ to have incredible quality control and consistency of fit. In my opinion, the best out there.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Doesn't MA+ use Guidi leather?
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎