X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmash1080
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by mixmaster7_91 View Post
    ^ that was exactly what I was looking for thanks for that. Think I might be picking mine up real soon =) Just to confirm, is that the large wallet?
    God no, the large is HUGE. About 99% sure that's the small signature.

Comment

• nictan
      • Jul 2009

yes thats the small. the large is more like a clutch/pouch, than a wallet.

Comment

• mixmaster7_91
        • Oct 2010

Oh ok I though it might have been the large as you seem to be able to fit quite a lot of things in it, but I'm glad that it is a small as that would be a lot more practical.

Comment

• chomeo
          • Mar 2010

i can't imagine how big the large wallet would be. the medium is something like almost 6" when folded on one side - a bit big for my taste.

Enders - i recently also picked that wallet up from Pollyanna. the leather is amazingly soft! not sure if i'll keep it. we'll see.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

For fuck's sake, do we need to go through the same discussion every few months? Get thee to the Inane Questions thread.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• gavagai
              • May 2010

I know this has been talked about to death but these are excellent pictures.

A wallet is something you have on your person EVERY day. It is also one of the few accoutrements men always have.

A simple understated piece.

I personally want a white one. I also like silver staple crosses on my leather pieces

Comment

• awlouie
                • Sep 2007

Baller size with sterling mobius chain

Last edited by awlouie; 04-20-2011, 03:38 PM.
                "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                -Bruce Lee

Comment

• MWNN
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by awlouie View Post
                  Baller size with sterling mobius chain

DO NOT REPOST IMAGES ON THE SAME PAGE.
                  the chain is silver too ?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Chain is silver, all 25 bucks of it...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Faust, you just love this thread, don't you?

I never liked that mobius chain.. too big and odd looking. Looks like it was picked up at Home Depot. And yes.. way over priced. Same with the large wallets. Who the hell has pockets to accomodate these? Certainly no pockets that Maurizio creates. I guess you can throw it in a bag, but I gotta have it in my back pocket.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

^ I always thought of the large-sized wallets as more of a clutch than a wallet. Like a mini folder, so to speak. For the ladies, of course. It makes much more sense if one sees them like that.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                          Faust, you just love this thread, don't you?

I never liked that mobius chain.. too big and odd looking. Looks like it was picked up at Home Depot. And yes.. way over priced. Same with the large wallets. Who the hell has pockets to accomodate these? Certainly no pockets that Maurizio creates. I guess you can throw it in a bag, but I gotta have it in my back pocket.
                          Sorry, can't resist. This and Boris. Hey, at least we get a discussion going.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awlouie
                            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                            At first I felt the wallet was big but it does fit in the back pocket of most of my jeans and LUC pants. My wife borrows the chain to wear as a necklace or bracelet when I'm not using it.
                            "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                            -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

I remember when the mobius chain was first introduced by Amadei. Really struck by it and the elegant, irregular simplicity of it.

The price tag was incredible just for the chain let alone the chained wallet. I ended up constructing two mobius chains for myself and the fiancee and in the process at least partways understood why the price tag was so high... each ring has to be welded individually before the next can be added and then after you get all the rings on (and they taper in thickness) you have to then hammer and bend each one into shape.

The whole process for each one takes several hours at least in my novice hands.

Amadei put out a range of chains in different thicknesses, lengths and styles a couple of seasons ago. Up to the stores to order something/anything of that series. I'll dig through some old pictures and see if I can find them.

Edit: Chain images found:

Last edited by Chinorlz; 04-30-2011, 09:20 PM.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

whats the SS12 news from grandma? anyone seen anything?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎