• MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

Birkenstock made the Führer love suede.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
      the sandals are nice. not much sandals i like, but these look really good.
      surprisingly, i agree.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
        • Dec 2008

Nice to see an aviator without an egg shaped hood
        Sandals look perfect
        you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• Icarium
          • Oct 2010

Love both the aviators.

Comment

• cjbreed
            • Feb 2009

sarouel pants look perfect for summer. soft, light and airy with plenty of room to breathe.

do want

masugnen - what do u mean by that?
            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• eton97
              • Dec 2008

Sarouel pants look the same as ss11. Saw a pic of fahrk chilling in them and decided to give them a try..... they bunched funny around the crotch when you did anything other than stand still with your legs apart.

Bags look complicated. Can imagine they'd be fun at airport security. You wouldn't want to loose a spliff in there pre check in.

Comment

• chomeo
                • Mar 2010

I'm liking this season a lot.

bag looks great! The sandals look like they're very comfortable to own.

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Icarium View Post
                  Love both the aviators.
                  Same here, but that white/blue one in particular is captivating.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

I am a fan of ma+, but can't help feeling that I'm seeing the same clothing designs from season to season with little real new offerings.
                    Hoping that this season will bring some new exciting designs and cuts.

Comment

• doldrums
                      • Dec 2008

ditto.

nothing about these pictures excites me. the amazing thing is he produces so many designs each season for the showroom. while we know his batting average isn't out of this world, the same repetitive tricks without any advancements (or even horizontal moves) with cuts, fabrics etc. is starting to feel tired.

and this coming from a devoted follower.

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                      I am a fan of ma+, but can't help feeling that I'm seeing the same clothing designs from season to season with little real new offerings.

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

what is it with the bell-end toe shapes?

Comment

• cjbreed
                          • Feb 2009

it is true there is a bit of repetition going on. we say this every season. it actually makes it hard to buy new things. he does focus a lot on fabrics and materials but still i can't have 3 versions of the same jacket.

also, based on photos i've seen there is a lot more going on in the womens designs. this may be less of a problem there...
                          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                            I thought that was the problem this season overall.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MetroBulotDodo
                              • Oct 2010

A couple of things I learned in the showroom: the notu jofu fabric that I was so scared of buying (price) is insane! It's absolutely the perfect fabric for any summer cover-up. That said, Yohji has been using Kyoto manufactured notu jofu for decades now. Unfair advantage?

Here is a gratuitous pic of an SS2012 large Embryo bag. It's perhaps two times as large as older version, and there have been improvements made, particularly with the zippers and interior pocket. I agree with CJ - there are some great pieces in womens. Novel designs, fabrics and treatments are all addressed - it's a pity they aren't in view more frequently.

MBD
                              "To articulate what is past does not mean to recognize 'how it really was.'
                              It means to take control of a memory, as it flashes in a moment of danger."

-Walter Benjamin. Thesis VI, Theses on the Philosophy of History
                              My rarities and quotidian garments for sale thread. My tumblr and eBay page.

Comment

• Peasant
                                • Jul 2009

Really beautiful color, MBD.

He does produce the same designs but sometimes there isn't much to improve on. His home-runs will keep paying the bills. Diamonds in a sea of fails.

I'm never hyped about his SS collections. He seems to come through in FW with new designs that grab my attention in a good way. Better fabrics too. Well, more complimentary of the garments it seems. It's all about the long-coats.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎