• Show
Clear All
  • swami
    • Jul 2008

This warms my heart

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
      • Apr 2011

those blood red, exposed seem pants are unreal... whats the material??

Comment

• Xhale12
        • Jan 2012

Any idea where I can pick up those red pants?

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

Zekka added some new ma+ to their website. The paper jacket and pants look pretty nice, wouldn't wear them together though.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
            • Apr 2011

Thanks for the link raw.. Also kinda like that doctors bag, but looks pretty small for a backpack..

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

The reds are a treated jersey.

Comment

• Smythson85
                • Apr 2011

Vertice also posted some pictures of 2012 Winter items. Really nice

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I really like his hidden seam design for footwear. It's a really elegant design.

As for the rest of it, it's all nothing new... down to the usage of the same fabrics and leathers from multiple seasons before. MA+ is a great line for closet "staples" (forgive the pun) but I've come to not expect evolutions in leaps and bounds from one season to the next that I would from individuals like Carol.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Icarium
                    • Oct 2010

Is that only true when informed by what buys are made though? I know I've seen quite a few pieces from m.a.+ which seemed incredibly different and were fairly awesome vs what I've seen at shops. So it always seems like there's a wider body of stuff that rarely get bought.

I guess though the same could be said for most designers that those of us who primarily know about these brands through this forum/stores, so maybe it's a level playing field.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                      • Nov 2006

Certainly, Carol and Amadei work in such different ways, with very different goals in mind, so I find it hard to ever make that comparison. M.a+ has always been a slow evolution of core ideas (pieces), perfecting along the way. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the innovations this seasons. The 2 Pocket Jersey Carbon Red pant pictured above is a new design with only an outer leg seam and no inner leg seam. There is another newer slightly fuller cut trouser this season which incorporates an interesting lace up back yoke. New hardware details this season include the m.a+ 'toggle' featured on coats / wraps made of a rolled leather and silver. Leather jackets in horse (incredibly soft) which I believe is a first. The 3-button tailored jacket is new as well. New footwear styles, twists on classics. Always new fabrics.. But yes it's m.a+, love it or hate it I think fans of it will be very happy with this seasons offerings.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                        • Apr 2011

I think that ccp and ma+ are on a bit of a different scale in terms of drastic changes from season to season. But, that doesn't mean (for me) that one supersedes the other in terms of newness. Sometimes the smallest adjustments can make the biggest difference. But as is fashion, to each his own..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                          Certainly, Carol and Amadei work in such different ways, with very different goals in mind, so I find it hard to ever make that comparison. M.a+ has always been a slow evolution of core ideas (pieces), perfecting along the way. But I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the innovations this seasons. The 2 Pocket Jersey Carbon Red pant pictured above is a new design with only an outer leg seam and no inner leg seam. There is another newer slightly fuller cut trouser this season which incorporates an interesting lace up back yoke. New hardware details this season include the m.a+ 'toggle' featured on coats / wraps made of a rolled leather and silver. Leather jackets in horse (incredibly soft) which I believe is a first. The 3-button tailored jacket is new as well. New footwear styles, twists on classics. Always new fabrics.. But yes it's m.a+, love it or hate it I think fans of it will be very happy with this seasons offerings.
                          Don't get me wrong, I like what Amadei does and his fabrics and cuts are very nice. I'm just one that is excited to see new things from folks each season in drastic ways.

Part of the new-but-the-same feeling definitely may be in part due to store buys, but I've also seen a lot of the same in showroom images.

His fabric choices are always top notch though that's for sure. My favorite part of Amadei's work is the tactile experience of it (the slivered leather he used a few seasons back, the spongy fabric for the throne collar coat etc.).
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• gnow
                            • Jun 2010

Wow.. those prices. I mean the cut and fabric might be great and all, but 2.5k for ramie pants?

Comment

• Raw
                              • Oct 2009

Yeah those do seem a bit high, must be something about the fabric since the paper version is much less expensive in comparison.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                                • Jan 2008

I am not who you think I am

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡