Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noirgt
    • Oct 2012

I think I got the same problem as Faust... I'm a large 46 to slim 48 and I got the current season carbon cotton canvas avaitor in 48. The shoulder and sleeves are good, but body part, especially around torso is very tight Still trying to stretch it out a little bit by wearing

Comment

• dasi80
      • Dec 2009

i am a true 50 and have the aviator ss13 in a cotton fabric in size 54.
      torso is extreme narrow. donĀ“t buy m.a+ online

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
        I think I got the same problem as Faust... I'm a large 46 to slim 48 and I got the current season carbon cotton canvas avaitor in 48. The shoulder and sleeves are good, but body part, especially around torso is very tight Still trying to stretch it out a little bit by wearing
        Do yoga in it!
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Marlon
          • Sep 2011

I just came across those pics, does anyone have more info on this book ?

Comment

• bonejelly
            • Jul 2008

intriguing ^^ would be interested to get some info as well. that's Altieri on the bottom right though, no?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

thats Amadei.

This was a small book/magazine project a few years ago, the name of which I unfortunately don't remember. Not sure if there was ever another volume, the only think that stuck to my mind was the photos from Amadei's atelier along with a short interview.

there is something on this very topic in the new volume of SZ
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

Article on grandma is very good in the new SZ mag. Same goes for A. Throup and Hooper.

Comment

• sCrAtChy
                  • Oct 2009

I am very skinny and of Asian built but even I have problems fitting into the size 46 of the current season biker jacket, its pretty tight fully zipped. ma+ clothes must be tried on before purchasing.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

I hear you on that front...the 54 fit more like a 50 in the body and a 52 in the shoulders when I tried it on at PNP last year...
                    I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
                      Article on grandma is very good in the new SZ mag. Same goes for A. Throup and Hooper.
                      Thank you. And everyone else who took the magazines that were supposed to be for sale.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        what's the word from the only showroom in Paris that is still relevant?
                        what he said^^^

with 1 or 2 exceptions maybe
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

haha

nothing wild going on at casa di grandma, but a nice collection regardless. Cuts are mostly what we've seen before - aviators, throne collar shirts in fabrics and leather, jackets and blazers, knits and tees, super slim pants, sarousel pants... all the usual accessories, bags, shoes... My personal highlights were:

- amazingly soft (lamb or calf?) leather aviatior lined in cotton - usually the leather versions have been more or less rigid but this was butter.

- long throne collar coat in grey soft textured wool-like fabric

- long version of the classic leather shirt in a textured greenish grey leather very reminiscent of cdiem leather

- this textured light fabric that felt like something between cotton and lonen, dark grey on one side and red on the other, sewn so that a very thin edge of the red side shows at the seams. This was used in pants and a jacket/blazer.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Cocytus
                            • Dec 2012

Just wondering how much should I pay for a large MA+ doctors bag these days?

Same as those

Sydney's - Toronto's premier independent menswear and homewares boutique shop. Locally designed, and developed menswear. A one-stop shop for casual, loungewear, footwear and elevated basics. Custom, Made-to-Measure, and Bespoke services provided with 20+ years of experience.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

thanks for the update lowrey.

i've decided i no longer care that the cuts stay relatively the same season after season. i think i prefer that he evolves the label at his own pace rather than just churning out crap for the sake of being new. i feel that way mostly because the quality is still top notch. the fabrics, the dyes, the construction details are all still amazing in my eyes and are starting to feel more and more rare.

just looking at a set of his showroom pics and then going over the showroom pics of almost every other label and its clear how sick his stuff is.

i just wish he could be more consistent with the fit. i have some pieces that fit like a glove but still many others where the armholes are too narrow, shoulders too restricting, torso too short, body too narrow, body too wide.
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                                haha

nothing wild going on at casa di grandma, but a nice collection regardless. Cuts are mostly what we've seen before - aviators, throne collar shirts in fabrics and leather, jackets and blazers, knits and tees, super slim pants, sarousel pants... all the usual accessories, bags, shoes... My personal highlights were:

- amazingly soft (lamb or calf?) leather aviatior lined in cotton - usually the leather versions have been more or less rigid but this was butter.

- long throne collar coat in grey soft textured wool-like fabric

- long version of the classic leather shirt in a textured greenish grey leather very reminiscent of cdiem leather

- this textured light fabric that felt like something between cotton and lonen, dark grey on one side and red on the other, sewn so that a very thin edge of the red side shows at the seams. This was used in pants and a jacket/blazer.
                                One of the best pieces of the season. Mulling over a potential plunge...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎