Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

I gotta hand it to grandma, the leathers he chooses season after season are always pretty spectacular even if the patterns themselves do not change drastically. He pretty much makes the only leather pants that I could see myself wearing as he chooses just the right textures and tones to make them easy to integrate into a wardrobe and don't look too try-hard.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Sombre
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
      I gotta hand it to grandma, the leathers he chooses season after season are always pretty spectacular even if the patterns themselves do not change drastically. He pretty much makes the only leather pants that I could see myself wearing as he chooses just the right textures and tones to make them easy to integrate into a wardrobe and don't look too try-hard.
      Idk, yeah the leathers look great hanging, and so do those leather pants up the page, but I think his clothing has too many basic problems. No pockets on the leather pants, no belt loops on the other pair that mortalveneer has, aviator previously being too short, and now this season being weirdly long. It makes me scratch my head sometimes.
      An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
      I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• byhand
        • Dec 2011

I used to think only portly folks looked decent in his clothes. Now it's the opposite. Need to get a rib taken out to make use of any torso zipper. The sleeves are also getting longer and longer. I do need to use my hands, and altering sleeve length becomes problematic with zippers at the wrists.

Comment

• Raw
          • Oct 2009

I've actually always thought his clothes worked best on tall and lean builds. Looking at the cuts of the aviators, leather shirts, etc which tend to have slim torsos and long slim sleeves. His pants also, with the lack of seams and not much structure to them, I think favours long leaner legs otherwise they can look a little sloppy and resemble sweatpants.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ Totally agree.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• church of tiamat
              • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Raw View Post
              I've actually always thought his clothes worked best on tall and lean builds. Looking at the cuts of the aviators, leather shirts, etc which tend to have slim torsos and long slim sleeves. His pants also, with the lack of seams and not much structure to them, I think favours long leaner legs otherwise they can look a little sloppy and resemble sweatpants.
              I think that you can say that about most of SZ favourite designer clothes.

Comment

• Marlon
                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by byhand View Post
                I used to think only portly folks looked decent in his clothes. Now it's the opposite. Need to get a rib taken out to make use of any torso zipper. The sleeves are also getting longer and longer. I do need to use my hands, and altering sleeve length becomes problematic with zippers at the wrists.
                Usually a tailor would reduce the sleeves lenght by removing leather on the shoulder area not from the wrists.

Comment

• shinasurada
                  • Jul 2013

I've noticed that too. The sleeves are tight as hell as well...

Comment

• byhand
                    • Dec 2011

I think he uses himself as a fit model for the sample size. He used to be chunky when the proportions of his clothes were more roomy. Now he's thin, and the clothes are following suit. I like a tight fit, but the sleeve length is becoming annoying, and altering the sleeve length from the shoulder is much more work that altering the length from the wrist.

He also recently started using a new pattern maker, right? His former guy started his own line, which is very nice.

Comment

• lost53
                      • Dec 2010

^and which line would that be?^

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

He used to be chunky when the proportions of his clothes were more roomy. Now he's thin, and the clothes are following suit.
                        I don't know what you're basing this on, but I've known him for 5 or so years and he has always looked the same, quite skinny.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• snafu
                          • Apr 2008

I stayed with him four/five years ago, i met him again this summer and he has not changed. He had always worn 48 in jackets and a 44 for pants. He does do some of the fitting of the clothes himself.

His assistant or the japanese guy who worked for/with maurizio is doing his own line, but he certainly wasn't the original pattern maker from the early collections. As far as i know Maurizio still works with and always has worked with an older lady who worked on stuff at cdiem, but Maurizio has a great knowledge on pattern himself and its more of a conversation with her, it is certainly not that he relies on a certain individual. People come and go from companies & jobs but in the end of the day Maurizio has always been at the heart of his clothes and his products, they certainly are not the work of anyone else.

On another note look at the work of any designer from Prada & Lanvin to C.C.P & Cdiem they all changed their cut / fit from season to season. Its what you would expect from Maurizio; he is no different to them, even if it changes less dramatically, it still should change.

Comment

• pantanal
                            • Apr 2012

I think he uses himself as a fit model for the sample size. He used to be chunky when the proportions of his clothes were more roomy. Now he's thin, and the clothes are following suit. I like a tight fit, but the sleeve length is becoming annoying, and altering the sleeve length from the shoulder is much more work that altering the length from the wrist.

He also recently started using a new pattern maker, right? His former guy started his own line, which is very nice.
                            what line is that?

Comment

• chandler
                              • Jan 2011

Taichi murakami

Comment

• pantanal
                                • Apr 2012

do you have anything from the line? good??

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎