X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="Who?"]Damn well tomorrow I will have to see if the 46's are all gone.
    [/quote]

hope im not confusing the issue too much...

but on the real the pants i think will be sized in the reverse direction

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

haha. i always hate this fucking sizing issue problem with these guys!!!!! :)

i'm going to cross my fingers that the 48 i have on lockdown will fit and is also black! i'll probably stop by A on tuesday to get the lowdown before i head back to the westcoast.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

i love the fact that the aviator is the most hyped piece in a long time. in all honesty, i own the canvas one from last year, and i think the leather shirt blows it away. i just find canvas hard to move in and uncomfortable, not ccp painful or anything, but just not like a good cotton. its just very structured and i think MA+ does the loose thing a little better. however, it is one of those pieces that you put on and look at yourself in the mirror with the hood up and feel pretty [79]

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i heard the same regarding the demand/hype. i would love another leather shirt, especially an amadei one, but the cdiem one i have does the trick. fuuma definitely loves the m.a+ one so i'll probably have to at least try it on. plus i don't have a piece like the aviator in my closet and the fact that it's cheaper than the leather shirt is good with me (and the lady. haha).

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i missed fuuma's post on it.

i think one leather shirt in the closet is totally adequate. i'm stoked about the grey color too, because i seem to look good in that color but never find the right items, and then typically go w black. (like everyone else, but not a bad thing) yeah price on the leather sucks, and the price on the hype is considerably less than the 07 version. 1300-1500 i think...

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

btw, lazzari apparently will not carry amadei, for those curious.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

i missed fuuma's post on it.

i think one leather shirt in the closet is totally adequate. i'm stoked about the grey color too, because i seem to look good in that color but never find the right items, and then typically go w black. (like everyone else, but not a bad thing) yeah price on the leather sucks, and the price on the hype is considerably less than the 07 version. 1300-1500 i think...

[/quote]

I don't think I postedmy commentson this forum + I also talked about it with Dodnngho in person. Basically if I didn't already have a Carpe Leather shirt I'd have gotten it. I really don't see the need in my wardrobe for more than one leather shirt, especially not 2 black ones.

The leather is very soft but appears resilient and natural (not plasticky at all). Instead of being cut like a dress shirt it has a square hem and what I would qualify as a "jacket" look but soft and lightenough to be understood and worn as a shirt. The sizing is true to size and the armholes quite high. I'd say the C.Diem shirt is a more rugged piece that doesn't need much thought to be incorporated in most outfits while the MA+ is more of a fashionny, showcase garment.

The aviator could be tempting and I was previously interested in acquiring it but I find that I almost never wear hoodies,due to the fact thatblazers/jackets hold a very preeminent position in my wardrobe. I honestly don't know as I've never seen it in person, although I've examined other MA+ pieces in the same fabric.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

are you talking about the black one at A? i think that's the one from last season and has a different cut (like you said more of a jacket) than the new grey one that just arrived.

(edit)

this is the one i'm talking about. looks pretty good reversed too and the collar is great.

Comment

• DHC
                    • Jul 2007

^ That shirt is fine!! I love how his wearable leathers have a cloth-like look to it. Fantastic!
                    Originally posted by Faust
                    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

I was talking about the one from last season, although judging from this pics the changes are more cosmetic than structural; the shirt still has the same cut but the addition of pockets, different colour (and maybe leather, seems like a diff texture), collar that went from being inspired by a tux to one much more in line with dress shirts account for a different impression. Unless my mind plays tricks on me or the model has really short arms I'm pretty sure the one from last season had a lot less "bunching" at the joint. I like the look of bunching garments (obviously) but how many of those can you have before it starts looking somewhat contrived?

Side question: anyone can pinpoint who started theuse of overlong sleeves, I know we'll get a multitude of answers but innovations like this rarely spread from one precise originator. And who brought it back among the "arte poverta" or whatever crowd?

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• pipcleo
                        • Jan 2007

this collar design is ripped (borrowed) from an early yohji shirt (circa mid nineties ).
                        one still resides way way way way at the back of my second wardrobe

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

got word that the cotton shirt will be 1.3k. i hope jesus' tears blessed the shirts.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

I heard that Amadei gained special access to the Spear of Destiny and was able to rub each shirt with it. With that sort of connection, $1.3k is a bargain.

1.3k.... i mean honestly! as if the jointed button up from Carol wasn't ridiculous at nearly $1k!

I'm gonna just look at some photos, and MAKE the damn thing myself.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

its just a white shirt don't waste your time and btw where are your DIY creations on CYCLE-TWO?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

it would create an interesting dilemma

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎