Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

pants are probably around 1.3 k[/quote]

closer to 1.5k I think [79]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"][quote user="ddohnggo"]

pants are probably around 1.3 k [/quote]

closer to 1.5k I think [79]

[/quote]

Ouch. He sure aint makin' it easy to buy his clothes is he? :(

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• mortalveneer
        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]/\ actually, that's the smartest thing you can do right now.
        [/quote]

Yep...I've been doing alright investing in the yen as well over the past five years too..

Gotta love Dubya's economic (mis)management...

I am not who you think I am

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

yea man thats pretty intense, for pants. I could justify spending that on boots or a jacket, but for trousers...

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• mortalveneer
            • Jan 2008

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

yea man thats pretty intense, for pants. I could justify spending that on boots or a jacket, but for trousers...

[/quote]

That is precisely what floated through my head when I saw the pricetag. How much are the MA+ boots going to be if that's how he's pricing the pants?

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

$2k+
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"]$2k+
                [/quote]

That simplifies things.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I am starting to think that this is being done on purpose in order to create an artificial elite. It's a turn off, for sure.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

boots have been slightly above 2k, atleast in japan.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I am starting to think that this is being done on purpose in order to create an artificial elite. It's a turn off, for sure.
                      [/quote]

I'm not going to criticize the pants too much as the outfit posted could easily be mistaken for one of mine if it was a self-portrait taken in front of amirror (down to the white tee and stacking black pants). I obviously like the look but I'm not into these pants more (or even as much) as say LUC or CCP offerings. The price is downright retarded unless there's something I'm missing. I'll be the first to say thatI buy for design and enjoy the particular vision of specific designers but you can get first rate bespoke pants for 800-1000 and they blow those away in terms of cost to quality ratio. 2K for pants is not insulting in itself (at least for me)butit can bewhen I compare what I get to what I can get elsewhere...This might also be due to my wardrobe being pretty much complete which doesn't put me in an acquisitive mood but still...

To reiterate, I don't need black pants but aside from all my comparative complaints I am, like Faust, affraid we're moving into price-fetichism. I can hardly wait for someone to post them in recent purchase and others to answer with "ballin". All about the clothes, heh.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mortalveneer
                        • Jan 2008

[quote user="Faust"]I am starting to think that this is being done on purpose in order to create an artificial elite. It's a turn off, for sure.
                        [/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking...although I think I could justify 2k on boots more readily than I could 1.6k on pants, partly because I would expect a number more years of wear out of the boots than I would the pants.

The phenomenon of artificially elitist brands is not a new one, especially not to Japan, and I can't say I blame Maurizio for wanting to relieve the overstuffed pocketbooks of the uber-wealthy. It does limit the acquisition of any of the pricier pieces to a maximum of one a year for me, but that is on a grad student budget...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Yeah... $2k+ for footwear is too too high.

Eventually i would love to have a pair of the second season boots with the ankle-break buckle, but i will not be paying $1k per foot.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

BALLIN!
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"]

[quote user="Chinorlz"]^ eh? What? Free money?[/quote]

You know it daddio. $600-1200 ($1200 is for Married couples).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080129/...NChZRCJges0NUE

[/quote]

Yessum. I thought I was going to be all rebellious and save it instead of spending it. But then I realized that my bank will loan my money to some other dude to spend it. The only subversive thing to do is stick it in your mattress.

[/quote]

The only way you can speak with your money is by being less productive (i.e. earning less). To be honest I believe in the one (wo)man/1 vote thing so I'm not really into the whole speaking with your money thing as a solution to problems.

Comment

• Fuuma
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]BALLIN![/quote]

I believe we have to do it the right way though. You purchase, I post "ballin" then you post a picture of a basketball player. If you don't get the pants you'll be stuck in the same position as I and will only get to say "ballin" to someone else, thus ensuring your place among the admiring masses but not the sz elite. If the item has gold in it you could subtitute the "ballin" for "bling bling" and post some southern rap album covers...

Another thing I noticed (using ddndnggnho as an example cauz I'm sure he cool wit it): You posted your new CCP coat in WAYWT instead of recent purchases (I think) and instead of "ballin"s people noticed how well it fit you and what a nice design it was. That's what I'm talking about; a great purchase of a unique item that was all about the enjoyment you get from wearing it and the one we get from seeing such a nice piece of work.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎