X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pinoy
    • Dec 2006

Re: + (Maurizio Amadei)

I, for one, have never been a big fan of his attire (save for a few key pieces). However, I've always been impressed with M.A+'s leather pieces. That enormous bag that was posted last as well as the first pair of boots look great.

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Really love that tan long coat and the high brown boots, just perfect.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• nycd
        • Oct 2006

the texture on the coat and pants look really nice - the wool pinstripe pants from fw07 have this texture inside - they are really awesome.

bonus for not seeing the model's face too

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

Not feeling any of this and that belt is tacky imho.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Maybe it'll take a bit of time to digest but my initial feel isn't a visceral "need" for anything pictured.

The last large flat bag is just a big square opened at the top and the rucksack one above it isn't anything nice... the fish scale bag and accordion bags were innovative.

Pnidsle, you're right... that aviator is weak hahaha. What's with the bright blue fabric?

We'll have to wait and see more!

I noticed that he's pushing the moebius silver chain once again for fall. I'm gonna make some more of them once school is out in May and make em available for sale.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

mesh, The belt is punk and thanks for pissing in my mouth on my taste
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

The more I look at that belt the more I'm starting to dig it (which like Joey said may be a problem because it's gonna be $$$$ hahaha). I like the cap toe laceups too. I just can't believe that he's virtually rehashing spring items for fall! The curving pocket/waist seam pants from spring are just redone in leather!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

the belt is definitely punk as fuck. a take on a classic punk studded belt.

i'm going to say that i actually don't prefer the textures on the coat and pants.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• aruva
                    • Dec 2007

Some of the stuff looks good...but the photos ,in my opinion,looks more like a mainstream campaign rather than to project that distinct carpe or amadei image. Hope the actual designs still remain faithful to the roots.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i need to see their fw buys. they still haven't received amadei, right? need to stop by tomorrow or somethin
                      [/quote]

i think this is a weaker season esp following the triumph of S/S. which is not in yet.

The LUC F/W is quite exceptional.

where's the dog collar, that would have been some mainstream advert turned upside down

Comment

• pipcleo
                        • Jan 2007

and a few more more for the well-heeled (and well-hung)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

The second look is my favorite hahahaha

I'm not gonna front though... a lot of the non-rehashed pieces are boring. I want some innovation!

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

the red shirts ok? i think he has his mind on other things

Comment

• mortalveneer
                              • Jan 2008

I'm liking that last red shirt, but I'm trying to get an idea of how "red" it actually is...I like how it looks muted, slightly earthy red in the last picture, but that to some degree appears to be the flatness of the natural light in the room. I could see that shirt being much brighter under most light. Any ideas?
                              I am not who you think I am

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Tough to say my friend!

It looks like you say... a dusty red which is a nice color and offsets grays and blacks really well.

I've been looking at the shoulder of it as that piece looks strikingly like some Avantindietro that I've seen and handled in the silhouette and the way the neckline is worked. Can't quite tell if there is pinch stitching used but the shoulder doesn't seem to sit totally flat... then again i may just be looking too hard and it's just wrinkles on the other side hahahaha

whatever the case may be, it's not a bad piece, but when the price points come out... there may be other options that are just as good and may save you a couple hundred.

That last duffle bag is pretty nice though!

... I'm also digging the "sac sling" long johns. Still can't belive the sold out at A... [86] Some ballers (pun intended) gotta stay warm in the winter in style! Holla!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎