X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Raw Edge
    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
    If I had the means, I would own the grey pants I saw at Atelier, as many pairs of their plain boots as I could afford in both dark green and black, and the deep v hoody with the white interior. Most of what they make isn't for me, but it's truly beautiful.
    Good point, I haven't really handled the grey pants. I basically just passed over the grey pants at A if I saw them, probably just thinking, hmm...nice grey pants, holy S%*T thats expensive, wow, ok, moving on....w
    which surely misses the subtlety of them. i haven't seen the grey leather shirt either- but it's true the boots are real nice too, though I'm not sure I prefer them to the best of old carpe, guidi, or even first season of augusta.

Comment

• snafu
      • Apr 2008

the leather shirt is probably the most beautiful thing i own

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

From what I've seen on P and Maldoror, the 5 pocket pants are ballertastic. The price on them is what makes me balk unfortunately. Price aside, Amadei does deliver some very very well made and precision cut pieces. He's expanding super fast though. I hope that doesn't mean a downturn in product quality and design quality.

Amadei is definitely a very creative patternmaker whereas Carol is all about insane precision. Amadei's pieces are a little "softer" which lends to a bit of leeway in silhouette and construction. Upon seeing/handling MA+ pieces though, you can see that they're well thought out; minimizing seams while maximizing the effect.

Snafu, there's no MA+ fencing ;) just the CCP version which should be a HG for anyone and everyone. No other "version" of the fencing comes close to the construction.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

but the best person who could compete for the balleristic title of master fencer would amadei he he

battle of the fencers hopefully will being showing in a cinema near you in fw09 ha

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
            but the best person who could compete for the balleristic title of master fencer would amadei he he

battle of the fencers hopefully will being showing in a cinema near you in fw09 ha
            You'll have to travel to multiple stores to compare them side to side though

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

maldoror you little baller you, where'd you kop those 5's...
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

my boy arthur (fashion world) hooked it up.

positively the most retardedly excessive birthday present to myself in the history of my life. thank you dear departed babi (r.i.p.)

I sent you a euphoric pm upon receiving the prince of pants™ a while back. maybe you never got it? I just assumed you ignored it.

either way: unparalleled purity of design, closer to perfection than any other piece of clothing I've yet encountered. they belong in a design museum, but they'll have to settle for disguising my chicken legs.

Comment

• cro426
                  • Dec 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
                  my boy arthur (fashion world) hooked it up.

positively the most retardedly excessive birthday present to myself in the history of my life. thank you dear departed babi (r.i.p.)

I sent you a euphoric pm upon receiving the prince of pantsâ„¢ a while back. maybe you never got it? I just assumed you ignored it.

either way: unparalleled purity of design, closer to perfection than any other piece of clothing I've yet encountered. they belong in a design museum, but they'll have to settle for disguising my chicken legs.
                  Can you post a pic of the pants?

Comment

• maldoror
                    • Jun 2007

(sorry for double post on the old waywt)
                    Last edited by maldoror; 12-06-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

i read Amadei's making some limited editions (aren't all his pieces pretty limited?) for charity for upcoming Christmas season. along with Doma, Brato, and Viridi-Anne, and others. just thought it was pretty interesting.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by maldoror View Post

ok...those are really nice!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kompressorkev View Post
                          i read Amadei's making some limited editions (aren't all his pieces pretty limited?) for charity for upcoming Christmas season. along with Doma, Brato, and Viridi-Anne, and others. just thought it was pretty interesting.

oh word?
                          be interested to see what Amadei creates for this... hopefully something completely different

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

maldor great pants maybe il come across a 44/42 one day if a 46 came up id be tempted to

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                              maldor great pants maybe il come across a 44/42 one day if a 46 came up id be tempted to
                              http://www.arthur.gr.jp/tsuhan/cgis/...=00000022&sort=

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

ha albert thanks well il contradict what i said, out of my price bracket fuck am i right $2k or more with proxi

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎