Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maldoror
    • Jun 2007

instead of setting the beards against each other, can't they somehow work together. I mean, for the greater good? like beards for charity. or a gang trait (cannibals?)

Comment

• maldoror
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      unfortunately he's seems to be going toward bling while we all seem to be going toward povera

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by maldoror View Post
        instead of setting the beards against each other, can't they somehow work together. I mean, for the greater good? like beards for charity. or a gang trait (cannibals?)

mmm, beard synergy
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
          faust, can you (or someone else) explain which carpe diem designs can be squarely attributed to altieri as opposed to amadei. didn't amadei design the leather for both carpe and linea?
          Where do you get your info from? From what I understand, he was involved with Linea. I don't doubt that different people helped Altieri - all successful designers have good assistants. Neither you nor I know what went on behind the scenes, but ostensibly CDiem is Altieri's label, and the concepts are his. He simply created an aesthetic that wasn't there. I can't say that about MA.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Maldoror, I just started reading your post! :-(
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

don't worry, you're not missing anything. I've had way too much coffee in the last hour.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Where do you get your info from? From what I understand, he was involved with Linea. I don't doubt that different people helped Altieri - all successful designers have good assistants. Neither you nor I know what went on behind the scenes, but ostensibly CDiem is Altieri's label, and the concepts are his. He simply created an aesthetic that wasn't there. I can't say that about MA.
                i'm not going to name names

but if when you say altieri you mean carpe diem and linea then i can definitely understand where you're coming from although i can't fully agree.
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

it's cool. that's why we are here!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

don't worry, you're not missing anything. I've had way too much coffee in the last hour.
                    Perhaps we'll talk in person on Thursday?!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

I also was under the impression that Amadei was somewhat in charge of Carpe leather work. I can't really recall where I got this impression from, but thats what I've always thought anyway. I actually wanted to ask Amadei more about this, but he seemed to want to talk about those days rather briefly.

I always thought Sarah Lanzi was more involved with Linea, but again just some impression I had, no facts
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

Perhaps we'll talk in person on Thursday?!
                        what's happening on thursday? I'm holed up in philly atm. will be returning to ny closer to christmas.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

what's happening on thursday? I'm holed up in philly atm. will be returning to ny closer to christmas.
                          not sure. i'm playing tennis.
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• maldoror
                            • Jun 2007

pnod tennis skillz demo reel

EDIT: my tennis skillz demo reel

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

nah, its more like

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• DHC
                                • Jul 2007

Wow! This forum is blazing!

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                                A lot of his pieces are "simple" but the patternwork that he created has made them distinctly his. ... that took creativity to develop and fine tune. Reverse engineering it wasn't difficult, but I definitely wouldn't have thought of either on my own.
                                I think that's a key statement in this whole discussion. Amadei's designs are simple, yet they haven't been done before. That kind of simplicity is not something that one stumbles upon. They are well thought out and there is absolutely nothing "lazy" about his approach. His accessories require the use of much more materials than most. 2-3 times more in some cases of his bags and wallets. Does that warrant the stratospheric pricing? Like Faust said..
                                $600 - get the fuck out of my face, seriously.
                                /\Gold by the way!
                                When I first handled that wallet some time ago, I was seriously impressed and threw the money down for it without a second thought (not quite so expensive then). Still love the thing as much as I did then, but I've seen the price climb for the same design over the seasons and I don't see what's prompting the rise in cost?
                                As far as materials go, they are in the vein of the more experimental pieces that Linea produced. It's all been seen and done before. The hard cottons, the spongy fabric, etc.. These are all things that came about under the guidance of Altieri.
                                P.S. Luca's "fabric" work is off the chain son!
                                I think that people are misplacing credit here. Yes, Amadei had input in Linea and CDiem, but the visionary concepts are Altieri's and without that foundation, none of this would be.
                                Last edited by DHC; 12-07-2008, 05:59 PM.
                                Originally posted by Faust
                                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎