Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bestial
    • Jun 2008

beautiful photos, think these have been up in smaller format on some of the EU-shops.

alpaca <3

did plan to take some better shots of the wrap, but didn't know if anyone was interested... and now there's no light here so it's hard to take photos. :/

Comment

• jcotteri
      • Jun 2008

I am really really interested Bestial.. really..

please some more photos.. details, waywt.. info anything will suffice
      WTB: This

Comment

• bestial
        • Jun 2008

I hope this grey weather that has been over sweden all through november and now into december will split soon and give some sun so I could get some nice light to shoot it in. then I'll try to take pictures that are worth it.

Comment

• mesh
          • Dec 2006

I love the ideas, concept, fabrics etc behind Luc and have trying for a long time to get into it but the final products always leave something to be desired to me.

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

I can't imagine more form flattering shapes actually from some pieces. What exactly disappoints you mesh?

thanks ABS

Comment

• mesh
              • Dec 2006

I don't like tight clothing and on anyone not rail thin it is never a good look. I am also reminded of the cardigan which looks like a womens piece, I can't take that piece seriously. Everything else like the long sleeve knits I've been wanting for awhile always has a feature or two that come off too try hard for the sake of being different to me. The necklines on those I am not a fan of either though they are getting better. My wallet is actually quite happy about all of this.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by mesh View Post
                I don't like tight clothing and on anyone not rail thin it is never a good look. I am also reminded of the cardigan which looks like a womens piece, I can't take that piece seriously. Everything else like the long sleeve knits I've been wanting for awhile always has a feature or two that come off too try hard for the sake of being different to me. The necklines on those I am not a fan of either though they are getting better. My wallet is actually quite happy about all of this.
                I like some of it, some not too much, I really do like the knitwear, as I think thats where the real strength of the line lies,
                I like the concept of the tailored stuff, but think some of it could be excecuted better........
                Ive seen some really great pieces, others not too great,
                Its not all tight though, as Ive seen alot of loose fitting pants etc.
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• jcotteri
                  • Jun 2008

Plenty of the knits look great when they aren't moulding to your body imo.. His pants are anything but slim in most circumstances.

I also wasn't a fan of the cardigans (not a fan in general, except for a few double breasted ones from various other designers), or the knitted wool jackets but I did find the scarfed wool jacket to be somewhat pleasurable

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

his earlier designs such as the v-neck thick cardigans that came in both short and long versions to me represent the spirit of LUC much more than recent pieces; i agree many especially the various basic round-neck knits are trying too hard to be different for the sake of difference bordering on gimmicky despite the amount of craft required to produce them...

Comment

• jcotteri
                      • Jun 2008

I really like the round neck (not much of a v neck kinda person) and only really been looking at LUC closely for a year and a half I don't know much about the older seasons. Can you post pictures please surver :)

Much appreciated, i'm interested now..
                      Last edited by jcotteri; 12-22-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

like zamb i think the knits are the obvious strength for LUC. although it is tough to find some that don't fit skin tight on me (as a 52), which has bothered me in the past. but now some retailers are carrying 54s which is great.

now the problem is that, for example, all 3 knits being carried by the archive are north of $1100. just last season there were several in the $700 range, which i can handle. but $1100 for a short sleeve? $1240 for long sleeve? its tough to swallow.

honestly, when i handle the pieces and see the detail and try them on and see the excellent fit i think they really are fantastic garments. and i know its all done in house, but damn. i guess its my issue. i need to make more $$$ because i'd love to wear these 3-4 times a week for the rest of my life...

yes i know its tacky to talk about money. so what. this is the internet.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                          • Mar 2009

I blame the the strength of the euro or weakness of the pound/dollar,same difference. SS08 the screen printed ls serafino (henley/grandad tee etc etc) was retailing at £350,yet the following season the same product was retailing at about £450.

The fluctuation of currency strengths is seriously affecting prices, especially if converting from euro to pounds or dollars.

ITS FUCKING SHIT UP MAAAYYYYNNN!!
                          merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• cjbreed
                            • Feb 2009

this is a good point. USD is a little pansy currency right now. but still. either way, when i saw the prices i was genuinely mad. now i'm just sad.
                            dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

USD is roughly where it was a year ago against the Euro. $1300 for a cotton t-shirt is fucking stupid, even if it's a wonderfully nice cotton t-shirt. I'm just waiting for some quality imitators to come along. I paid <= $500 for my LUC items, and at $500 for a t-shirt it seems iffy. At nearly triple that I just can't even begin to understand how I could possibly be getting my money's worth.

I love the basic LUC knits, but they've scaled far past their worth for me with the near doubling in price since this fall. This fall was already pushing it.
                              Last edited by theetruscan; 12-14-2009, 07:39 PM. Reason: Fixing busted edit
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I hear you, etruscan. I tell you though - every season I think that we are due for some serious pricing evaluation of designer goods, but than shit keeps selling. I wonder whether this price growth is unsustainable, or if some kind of a zeitgeist shift has happened.

But yeah, $ ain't helping. $1.5 per 1EUR is awful.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎