Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Has anyone seen the "Kudu Leather Lace Shoe" on the Atelier website in person - if so, any reports?
    Also, what is Augusta fit like - true to size or otherwise?

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Johnny, is everything Ok?
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

haha

have only handled the kudu ones briefly, seemed very nice though. Augusta sizing in general is similar to Poell, close to UK sizes I think. 8 equals roughly to a 42 , for example.

random bit of information by the way, apparently Simone hand makes all the heels for shoes and boots which consist of many layers, lenghtening the construction process quite a bit. whereas most brands to my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) buy either the heel parts or the readily laid material from which they are made.

oh, meant to post these here earlier.. fairly small pics from some/things magazine, showing a wash/dyeing process. though these were kind of cool:

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Johnny, is everything Ok?
          hehe, yes fine, if a little (ok a lot) bored. boredom = potential insolvency. actually i only saw them after i was looking at the cdg homme pictures, in which some augusta footwear was featured.

Comment

• asho
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
            haha
            random bit of information by the way, apparently Simone hand makes all the heels for shoes and boots which consist of many layers, lenghtening the construction process quite a bit. whereas most brands to my understanding (someone correct me if I'm wrong) buy either the heel parts or the readily laid material from which they are made.
            Fairly sure he doesn't to it himself... may be done in house but wouldn't add that much time to the construction, especially if they use a knife press (it would be insane not to for a production quantity). Most quality heels are constructed from stacked layers of leather. The heels from early Augusta shoes showed this really well. The traditional way of making a heel sees it made on the shoe, from the sole down, with each layer glued and pegged to the previous, If they do this, which i doubt, it would definitely add a lot of time.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
              The traditional way of making a heel sees it made on the shoe, from the sole down, with each layer glued and pegged to the previous, If they do this, which i doubt, it would definitely add a lot of time.
              yea this is how I understood it, but again not a hundred percent sure, but he did say that making the heel adds a lot of time to the process.

oh, and didn't mean that he would make everything himself, but within the team (which is super small)
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• magic
                • Feb 2009

Does he make a low heel boot this season? Dont see much on augusta but last season they did made one.
                Focusing on object details

Comment

• misterpale
                  • Apr 2008

anyone knows where to order augusta besides darklands,lazzari or a??

Comment

• calv
                    • May 2009

pollyanna has augusta.. would like to know some more stores too, if there are any..

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

but not in my size anymore...

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by asho View Post
                        Fairly sure he doesn't to it himself... may be done in house but wouldn't add that much time to the construction, especially if they use a knife press (it would be insane not to for a production quantity). Most quality heels are constructed from stacked layers of leather. The heels from early Augusta shoes showed this really well. The traditional way of making a heel sees it made on the shoe, from the sole down, with each layer glued and pegged to the previous, If they do this, which i doubt, it would definitely add a lot of time.
                        As far as I understand that's what he does.
                        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• asho
                          • Nov 2007

this is good to know as it certainly adds an amount of justification to the price of the shoes.

Comment

• RADO
                            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by misterpale View Post
                            anyone knows where to order augusta besides darklands,lazzari or a??
                            They carry AUGUSTA

fashion store for men and women located in madrid and online all over the world. Unique pieces of highly selected quality . Image consultants from 2006.

Comment

• julius14
                              • Oct 2009

i ordered a pair of augusta boots over the phone from HLNR in l.a. between them and H. Men on sunset which are owned by the same owner they have a pretty extensive selection...

Comment

• reborn
                                • Aug 2008

i'm sure it's already posted earlier in the thread...but Barneys online has a selection

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎