• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    so who asked about how handmade his shoes are and how much sleep he has been getting recently?
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eckblk
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by holger View Post
      Hey eckblk, please more pics. DonĀ“t lazy
      Two more. I can't add anymore to the original post.

Comment

• Monty76
        • Sep 2006

Augusta FW 2010 Lama Leather

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Augusta

As per recent comments on a need for more pictures in the forum, just wanted to post some shots of my current favourite pair of Augusta Derbies - from AW08 or SS09 (can't quite remember when I bought them), but I currently wear them with everything and love them......colour Elephant blue, beautiful leather and a great shape.......haven't seen another pair like them. Will post some more pics of my other shoes/boots over the next couple of days....

Last edited by eton97; 07-27-2010, 12:27 PM.
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• eckblk
            • Mar 2010

^^ Those look good!

Here's mine, Cordovan in Hot Black

Comment

• chomeo
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
              As per recent comments on a need for more pictures in the forum, just wanted to post some shots of my current favourite pair of Augusta Derbies - from AW08 or SS09 (can't quite remember when I bought them), but I currently wear them with everything and love them......colour Elephant blue, beautiful leather and a great shape.......haven't seen another pair like them. Will post some more pics of my other shoes/boots over the next couple of days....
              ^^ Eton. those look good! i have a pair of elephant blue boots that I got recently and the color on my boots doesn't look anything like yours. yours seem to be more shade of grey/black than "blue."

could it be that the color turned more grey???
              Last edited by chomeo; 07-28-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                • Nov 2009

If those are the blue laceups that A. had this season, then they do look grey in certain light, but mine have not changed color much, if at all.

Comment

• chomeo
                  • Mar 2010

not sure about A. but D. in Berlin carries it.

Comment

• eton97
                    • Dec 2008

no these are not the blue ones A carried....and I am sure they didn't carry any blue derbies this season? - they had some exclusive blue derbies 2 seasons back - i had a look at those - but they had a more pointed toe and were a different leather - they looked a lot smarter than the typical Augusta shoe/boot......

Chomeo - i think my augusta started out life the same colour as yours from D (maybe a touch lighter).....but after 2yrs wear they have lightened up significantly and have shades of light grey comng through......give your boots some time and hard wear and I'm sure they will lighten up

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                    If those are the blue laceups that A. had this season, then they do look grey in certain light, but mine have not changed color much, if at all.

Comment

• eton97
                      • Dec 2008

blue or grey.....

I've had a lot of questions about whether my derbies are blue or grey and whether they have faded or the camera flash changed the colour on the images etc etc.....I checked last night and my pictures are actually a good representation of how my derbies look - they are 2 yrs old so have faded...I have attached some photos I had when they were new, so anybody that wants to know what they look like without camera flashes, and how they aged through 2 yrs, hopefully this helps....BUT conclusion is they do fade and the original set of pics are a true representation of how mine currently look.....let me know if you have any more questions....

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post

Comment

• docintheory
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                        I've had a lot of questions about whether my derbies are blue or grey and whether they have faded or the camera flash changed the colour on the images etc etc.....I checked last night and my pictures are actually a good representation of how my derbies look - they are 2 yrs old so have faded...I have attached some photos I had when they were new, so anybody that wants to know what they look like without camera flashes, and how they aged through 2 yrs, hopefully this helps....BUT conclusion is they do fade and the original set of pics are a true representation of how mine currently look.....let me know if you have any more questions....
                        I totally see what you are getting at eton... The above pictures are from Lazarri. I have the same exact shoes and they do have this depth of blue that seems to come out with the light. Really hard to describe, but I first posted the shoes when I got them on the Recent Purchases thread. Since they have faded some, but the true color was this 'elephant' blue/black as described.

Picture: http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/sho...ostcount=12578

Comment

• chomeo
                          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by docintheory View Post
                          ....they do have this depth of blue that seems to come out with the light...
                          ^^ yup! i have this color in the boots and it's exactly as you both described above.

so when you say they become "lighter," is the blue fading out and the shoes show more greyish?

Comment

• eton97
                            • Dec 2008

Yes - as I said....'conclusion is they do fade'......and yes to a slightly more greyish colour.....

Comment

• endersgame
                              • Aug 2009

one of the stacked heel on my oiled cordovan boots is starting to separate about 1mm from the sole. more noticeable when you pull on it.

purchased new a few months ago. worn a few times. wtf.

Comment

• eckblk
                                • Mar 2010

Originally posted by endersgame View Post
                                one of the stacked heel on my oiled cordovan boots is starting to separate about 1mm from the sole. more noticeable when you pull on it.

purchased new a few months ago. worn a few times. wtf.
                                email Luigi at info@augusta-shoes.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎