X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peasant
    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by gavagai View Post
    There is an absolutely fantastic interview with Simone Cecchetto on the H.Lorenzo Blog.
    I thought I linked to that when it was released, but I couldn't find it. A very good interview indeed. No so much from the interviewers perspective, but a nice insight.

READ.

Comment

• tryptomine
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      Stupid posts and "discussion" that they spawn go into the shopping section. You better shut up and read more than you write, or you will be on your way out in no time.
      don't want discuss all this here.
      send PM to you.

Comment

• holger
        • Mar 2009

ss2011

news about the delivery?
        Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
        SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• Darklands
          Banned
          • Nov 2008

Augusta delivery

Originally posted by holger View Post
          news about the delivery?
          they told us about a week ago that the first delivery would go out in about two weeks so, that means anytime now. we shall see . . .

Comment

• gavagai
            • May 2010

Ok, I've been planning on getting the augusta trainers this spring but for some reason I'm really drawn to these. Some have expressed concerns over what these become after being caught in the rain (this could be a problem). Not sure I could pull them off or how well the would break in but may be worth the go...

Anybody know if any of the SZ affiliates are going to be carrying this? Seems like the retailers don't even know when/what is going to show up until it actually does :)...

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I actually dig this shape, but the material/finish is pretty wack
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ink
                • Sep 2010

Originally posted by gavagai View Post

Ok, I've been planning on getting the augusta trainers this spring but for some reason I'm really drawn to these. Some have expressed concerns over what these become after being caught in the rain (this could be a problem). Not sure I could pull them off or how well the would break in but may be worth the go...

Anybody know if any of the SZ affiliates are going to be carrying this? Seems like the retailers don't even know when/what is going to show up until it actually does :)...
                IT MADE BY PAPER AND IT WILL BECOME EVEN BETTER WHEN IT GOT WET(AS I BEEN TOLD)

Comment

• gavagai
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                  I actually dig this shape, but the material/finish is pretty wack
                  So it looks like its some type of material (paper?) over leather. I like the shape and the flat bottom as well. I personally think the finish is a masterstroke but i'd need to see in person before issuing a legitimate judgement. We'll see, all funds may be exhausted before I get the chance.

Comment

• gohn
                    • Mar 2009

Originally posted by ink View Post
                    IT MADE BY PAPER AND IT WILL BECOME EVEN BETTER WHEN IT GOT WET(AS I BEEN TOLD)
                    KKA,CCP used to have paper pieces and recommond professional dry clean. Getting wet is risky especially for footwears

Comment

• magic
                      • Feb 2009

i dont see any 'risky' there as i believe paper on the boot is only on the outer part. i can see theres couple layer of leather underneath.
                      Focusing on object details

Comment

• woodsteel23
                        • Jan 2011

Total newbie question

I just bought a pair of black Augusta horse leather shoes, and I know this might seem like a dumb question for some, but I thought this would be the best place to seek help.

Is there anything you guys do before you first wear your shoes/boots?

I read about Vibram-ing them and I will send them in to my local cobblers to get that done, any specific instructions to give him? How do you guys choose to attach the vibram soles to your shoes? Glue? Sew? Nail?

Additionally, is there anything that you would recommend leather wise before you starting wearing?

Do you condition the leather? Waterproof it?

Thanks for the advice!

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

You can find all the answers here:

Cobblers, shoe care, DIY, to rubber sole or not to rubber sole, etc.

If not, you can ask further questions there.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

the thread is pretty lengthy, but I would reccomend reading at least the first few pages for opinions on rubber soles. personally I am for them for this reason and have added them to every pair of my shoes. regarding care, its discussed a bit further on in the thread. I keep my shoes clean by just wiping them with a damp cloth irregularly, I never use polish, conditioner or anything like that and so far I haven't had any problems. I think shoes like Augusta look better worn in than polished.

as for what you should tell you cobbler, ask them to show you what type of soles and heels they have and have your pick, I prefer thin ones as they have less effect on the appearance of the shoe. and tell them not to polish your shoes if they are in anyway treated or distressed.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ES3K
                              • Oct 2008

Does anyone know about the real fate of the infamous duct tape derbies? There have been rumours that they'll never make production, and now they've disappeared from the Luisaviaroma website as well.

Comment

• eton97
                                • Dec 2008

Heard a while back the duct tape derbyz weren't being produced.....
                                LVR just put up the shots from the original showroom buy and then pre-sell before the boots actually arrive.
                                No surprise they have disappeared considering this season is being shipped over the next few weeks and they probably got confirmation of the order recently....

If you want a pair, you can buy my derbyz and I'll slap some duct tape on them for you. I can do a silver coloured duct tape or a very 1970's brown tape. Will cost you a touch more than listed as the duct taping procedure is very complex
                                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎