X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ES3K
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
    (...) If you want a pair, you can buy my derbyz and I'll slap some duct tape on them for you. (...)
    LOL. If you also could customize Zara blazers with military insignia as well, all my clothing dreams would come true.

Do you know why? Was it too absurd, so they changed their mind? Or was it just some joke from the very start, like "let's look how Derelict we can go and which buyer is taking this serious and really ordering..."

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by ES3K View Post
      LOL. If you also could customize Zara blazers with military insignia as well, all my clothing dreams would come true.

Do you know why? Was it too absurd, so they changed their mind? Or was it just some joke from the very start, like "let's look how Derelict we can go and which buyer is taking this serious and really ordering..."

Designers drop styles from their lines all the time. Lotsopf things are designed, and even ordered that never makes it to production.
      Sometimes if there is not enough order on a particular style, then the designer will call the stores that ordered and ask for the buyer to take a replacement, or notify them that a particular style is dropped from the production altogether..................

Not saying that this is the case here with these shoes, but just to give you an insight into the design/selling/ production process.............
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Perhaps I may refer you to Balmain?
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• MikeN
          • Nov 2007

Does anyone know about the real fate of the infamous duct tape derbies? There have been rumours that they'll never make production, and now they've disappeared from the Luisaviaroma website as well.
          I'm seeing them on the site...

Comment

• chomeo
            • Mar 2010

Can't tell if y'all are serious or joking about the duct tape. I like a lot of things Augusta put out in general; especially, the first few season's derbies and boots. however, this duct tape idea is just hideous to me.

Comment

• ES3K
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Perhaps I may refer you to Balmain?
              Actually my remark was meant to be a reference/joke to/about Balmain's "design" by adding some decoration.

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
              I'm seeing them on the site...
              Thanks for the hint, I can see them again as well. They've reappeared with a new arrival date (by may 15). Can't really make my mind up what to think about these, good or bad, but at least they are fascinating.

Comment

• eton97
                • Dec 2008

Ummmmm.....hate to have to say it, but I would say a very big miss and pretty bad.....

Then again I thought the same about rubber dripped trainers not so long ago, and now I think they are genius
                you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

they're pretty regular (nicely shaped) derbies apart from the tape, I assume you could take it off
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• gavagai
                    • May 2010

Atelier New York has put up pictures of the S/S 2011 A1923 - am I allowed to call them that now or do we continue with Augusta ?

anyways, I really like the scarred effect on the boots/derbys.

I personally like the cordovan ankle boots. Great pictures up right now.

What are people's opinions on the new "mud" colored A1923 oiled leather trainers at Darklands? I like these but hadn't seen them on any of the previews.

Duct tape - not crazy about this but I have some derbys on (not Augusta :() but I think I'll throw a slice of duct tape on while i'm at work today just see peoples reaction

Comment

• holger
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Eternal
                      Atelier got the scotch tape derby, so apparently they went into production.
                      LVR too
                      Video

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT
                      SZ Stock ausm Arsch und entspannen!

Comment

• Ivans On High
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2008

I really don't know what to say about these.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
                          I really don't know what to say about these.
                          I know: HIDEOUS!
                          "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• gavagai
                            • May 2010

Not sure what I think about those perforated sneakers. I wouldn't say they are hideous but could work if dressed properly. Showing them with black pants tucked in doesn't help the look.

I do think the cut and look of all the A1923 sneakers are dope.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

I think they don't match the Augusta aesthetic at all, and from their looks they seem to be super uncomfortable, which is something that shouldn't happen with sneakers imo.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• docus
                                • Dec 2010

I don't like the baby blue on white, but I think the shape has potential - trashed up and in a dark colour they could be nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎