Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noirgt
    • Oct 2012

The logo means nothing. It all depends on the season, some time they just don't put logo on the sole. Current season shoes also don't have logo on the outsole. So they have nothing to do with prototype. Also I haven't heard anyone is making fake Augusta... correct me if I'm wrong

Comment

• drizzly
      Banned
      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
      The logo means nothing. It all depends on the season, some time they just don't put logo on the sole. Current season shoes also don't have logo on the outsole. So they have nothing to do with prototype. Also I haven't heard anyone is making fake Augusta... correct me if I'm wrong
      i would assume that it would cost just as much to make a fake a1923 as a real. We would all be able to tell crappy leather so the guy making a fake would need to up his leather game as well.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
        • Mar 2014

They sold anyway but they were at a crazy steal price and it was less them being "fake augusta" and more that they were unmarked boots that could've been anything.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
          • Mar 2014

Kinda feel remorseful at not buying them but it's not like I need/can afford to buy another pair of boots right now anyway.

Comment

• newp
            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by noirgt View Post
            No logo is much better than fuckup CCP has done in 07-08 iirc

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
              • Mar 2014

What CCP fuckup was this?

Comment

• newp
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
                What CCP fuckup was this?
                A logo on the outsole was with typo and said "Carol Cristian Poell".

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                  • Mar 2014

Anyone familiar with Augusta derby sizing? The first pair I tried were a size 41 but fit like a tight 40. The leather was really stiff and the toe area was buckled into the shoe and had to be bent out.

I was told the leather would soften over time but I'm unsure if it was just this super creased model or if all of them fit small.

Comment

• noirgt
                    • Oct 2012

They could run one full size small to one full size large... depending on the season, model, leather, treatment, etc.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                      • Mar 2014

Yeah, the other pairs I tried were not as so, it's unlikely any stores in the UK will ever have my size though I'm having to rely on buying online which is a problem.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                        • Mar 2014

Thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Sooo, at the risk of being stoned, I thought the S/S 16 was quite strong, probably the strongest A1923 has produced yet. The footwear looked fantastic - they did this gorgeous bone color (never thought I'd want white shoes, but there it is..). The clothes were great, too, including the women's. Some were obviously influenced by Harnden, but I am tired of caring about the imitation game by now to be honest. The fabrics were different, really beautiful fabrics, mostly black, lots of ramie and linen.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• fncyths
                            • Apr 2010

Sooo, at the risk of being stoned...

Is it me or what's up with the weird texture treatments of all his boots? I love the shape of many of his shoes but every time I try them on I always end up hating how the leather feels. That being said, he's obviously being influenced less by Harnden's designs and more by his price point
                            Originally posted by Shucks
                            it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                            Originally posted by interest1
                            I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Gerber
                              • Nov 2014

His shoes are really great - but to be honest I never got his clothing line. The first pieces I have seen looked like some very strange mix of CCP and MA+ (construction especially front and back pocket design and curvings, shape) - while some other stuff was truely CCP - such was the interior selfedge design and even the spiral overlock pants?? But well even Maurizio did that.

Never seen the womens anywhere. Are there pics available?

Just a bit irritated that everyone jumped on this colorful shoes thing. Guidi was all over it.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Why be irritated over it, there are black shoes aren't there? I don't understand this fear of color. Although I find the colors red and yellow not executed very well. Colors seem a bit dull somehow, could be the photo's taken.

^^ I can see why you find the texture strange. From what I can see on the images from the link, it looks like he wanted some deep scarring but then decided against it and tried to polish it away. End result not very good. Shapes of the double zips are cool, but thats about it for me.
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎