X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • round
    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    Different mindsets, or you don't know how to express your thoughts.
    I haven't had a problem expressing my thoughts in the past, I stated that I liked A1923 because he doesn't seem to care about offending people or hurting some designers feelings. I wrote it without sarcasm, I cannot control how you choose to read something. Im sorry that the expression of my thoughts wasn't to your liking, but I meant what I said without sarcasm, and if you choose to see it differently than thats on you.

Comment

• deadboy
      • Jul 2013

Seems like a case of Internet 'Wait, was that sarcasm?'

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by round View Post
        I liked A1923 because he doesn't seem to care about offending people or hurting some designers feelings.
        Ok but that's even more difficult to understand maybe. What is it to be liked in this carelessness exactly?
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• round
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by BSR View Post
          Ok but that's even more difficult to understand maybe. What is it to be liked in this carelessness exactly?
          That is hard to explain. I appreciate the fact that he makes high quality goods while ignoring what would be considered the norm. I suppose to me it seems like a small act of rebellion, a man doing exactly what he likes, and making (or remaking) something amazing while doing it.

Comment

• Gerber
            • Nov 2014

had to lol hard when I realized one of these shoes is Guidi and one is not

Comment

• Arkady
              • Apr 2011

That's a classic hiking boot design that dozens of brands have replicated -- I believe Norwegian in origin but I'm not 100% on that.

Comment

• drizzly
                Banned
                • Apr 2012

folks if you want a good boot/shoe buy a1923 if you feel its not authentic enough or original buy something else.

He sees something cool and makes it, i wish he'd make it in thicker leathers but thats another discussion.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

who is making leather shoes thick enough for you?
                  serious question
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• fncyths
                    • Apr 2010

Originally posted by round View Post
                    My comment was not meant to be sarcastic, I have a lot of admiration for someone who makes poor products without giving a fuck about the other quality designers feelings.
                    fixed

I haven't drank the kool aid... are there others out there who think a1923 is just a bit sub par? The boots that I've seen online and tried on in person are two different stories. The actual design, as suspect as it can be, appears to be solid and hold up. Where Simone seems to miss the mark is in his sourced quality of leather & the treatments that are applied to his shoes. I've never liked the texture on all the shoes that I've tried on by him. It seems to have a plastic like film and crinkle that feels more like a chintzy 70s thrift find than one of artisanal provenance.
                    Originally posted by Shucks
                    it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                    Originally posted by interest1
                    I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• nicelynice
                      • Oct 2009

There's a LOT of different A1923 boots with a LOT of different leather treatments - even within the same leather, there's a lot of variations in texture, dyeing, etc. Others (especially net shoppers) might be annoyed at the inconsistency, I like how each pair feels a bit more unique and handmade. I don't think I'd buy a pair without checking them out in person or at least having a very good idea of what I'm getting

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by fncyths View Post
                        fixed

I haven't drank the kool aid... are there others out there who think a1923 is just a bit sub par? The boots that I've seen online and tried on in person are two different stories. The actual design, as suspect as it can be, appears to be solid and hold up. Where Simone seems to miss the mark is in his sourced quality of leather & the treatments that are applied to his shoes. I've never liked the texture on all the shoes that I've tried on by him. It seems to have a plastic like film and crinkle that feels more like a chintzy 70s thrift find than one of artisanal provenance.
                        Hmmm, can't agree there - I've handled a lot of them (don't own any), and they seem to be very well built. Anyway, to each his own - no problem.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

fixed

Ive owned like 4 -5 pairs
                          I disagree with this.
                          All the ones I've owned are matte, with not so much treatment and the leathers are actually quite good. One of my most favorite shoes I've ever own was by him, and i stupidly sold it to a fellow member here I am trying to buy it back from

Ive seem others that would fall into where you say, but he experiments a lot with treatments and leathers and in the end with his level of output you cannot help but have really good things and some not so good

it happens with every designer who makes an effort to have a big output.
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• drizzly
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
                            who is making leather shoes thick enough for you?
                            serious question
                            MA+ has amazing leathers as does ccp just two different aesthetics. one is more distressed while ma+ is super clean and made to age.

Comment

• drizzly
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2012

fixed

a1923 2013 and earlier had better leathers then they do now. The quality and build is there but leathers are sub par IMO. I have owned 5 pairs at this point.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

I find M.a+ leathers thinner than anything simone puts out though. CCP on the other hand, results vary.
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎