Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 550BC
    • Jan 2013

the collection was nice, the problem is that the photo reportage does 0 justice
    a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 550BC View Post
      the collection was nice, the problem is that the photo reportage does 0 justice
      Agreed. I wish some of our beloved designers would do a better editing job as to whom they let into the showroom.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 550BC
        • Jan 2013

yeah exactly. The change from a couple of seasons ago to now is quite massive. The showrooms are turning into galleries where everyone is welcome to enter. Which is fine, but then you get shitty publications covering showrooms as well..
        a fish out of water dies

Comment

• Anomie
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Sooo, at the risk of being stoned, I thought the S/S 16 was quite strong, probably the strongest A1923 has produced yet. The footwear looked fantastic - they did this gorgeous bone color (never thought I'd want white shoes, but there it is..). The clothes were great, too, including the women's. Some were obviously influenced by Harnden, but I am tired of caring about the imitation game by now to be honest. The fabrics were different, really beautiful fabrics, mostly black, lots of ramie and linen.

I agree completely.

Comment

• braver
            • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Sooo, at the risk of being stoned, I thought the S/S 16 was quite strong, probably the strongest A1923 has produced yet.
            Any pics? Please!
            Instagram doesn't show the strength of collection at all.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I didn't take any, sorry.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• NOHSAD
                • Nov 2014

Even though A1923's better in person, here's some pictures of the S/S 16 showroom from LeParadox.

Article + more images

Last edited by NOHSAD; 07-17-2015, 09:37 PM.
                "Instead of feeling alone in a group, it's better to have real solitude all by yourself"

ShopDDavis.etsy.com

IG: @D.__Dvais

Comment

• p2h
                  • Jan 2014

Don't know if it's the good thread to post in but I was reading that interview you might find interesting
                  http://www.someslashthings.com/onlin...-2016-showroom

Comment

• Gerber
                    • Nov 2014

even more ccp rip offs - why doesnt he ever stop?

straight copied the tongue from ccp sneakers

and I hope thats not a badly executed chainstitch...

Comment

• Icarium
                      • Oct 2010

What's going to change his mind if his efforts are well received and being positively reinforced with good business?

Some sort of delayed reaction from his artistic integrity which he may or may not have or care about?

With you: does the outrage and shock at his "copying" lessen with time and each new instance?

Or you the kind of person who is as awed by each subsequent sunset as the first time?

Must be a magical way to live. Nothing gets old!

Comment

• timm3h
                        • Mar 2011

^ wait -- so you expect me to care and feel less with each subsequent murder by cop that hits the news? (as a topical example)

Regardless of how much one thinks CCP is being aped or if there is even any bad behavior taking place, the idea of outrage dying down and eventually being snuffed out as bad behavior becomes the status quo is ridiculous to me
                        Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Arkady
                          • Apr 2011

Yo no I don't think he expects you to feel less about subsequent cop murders, we're talking about baby deer boots for the discerning gentleman right now.

Comment

• NoisyArmchair
                            • Mar 2014

Kangaroo derbies for the distressed man about town.

Comment

• JakubDaZoOo
                              • Jul 2014

Originally posted by NoisyArmchair View Post
                              Anyone familiar with Augusta derby sizing? The first pair I tried were a size 41 but fit like a tight 40. The leather was really stiff and the toe area was buckled into the shoe and had to be bent out.

I was told the leather would soften over time but I'm unsure if it was just this super creased model or if all of them fit small.
                              I personally found that they all have a small fit. I've tried the derbies and boots when I was getting my first pair. Both had a significant crease in them, which I really like. I am usually a 42 to 42.5, but in both the 43 fit just right. I got a pair of the boots and over time they do soften up, but not too much. Which I dont mind as well, I like them to maintain their shape and look. After a few wears they do tend to bend downwards and stay like that.

Comment

• unwashed
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Gerber View Post
                                even more ccp rip offs - why doesnt he ever stop?

straight copied the tongue from ccp sneakers

and I hope thats not a badly executed chainstitch...
                                Yes the boots are a poor and uncreative mash-up of MA+ and CCP, but what else is new.

Also, you would find a chainstitch more common on the hem of jeans. You probably mean a variation on the flatlock stitch
                                Grailed link

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎