Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keilani
    • Jan 2012

Is it true that Thom Browne employees must wear Thom Browne suits 24/7 even when going across the street to grab a coffee? Just curious... :)

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

If they work at the store, yes. And when they quit it accounts for large deliveries of TB goodies to INA.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        If they work at the store, yes. And when they quit it accounts for large deliveries of TB goodies to INA.
        How very true. An entire rack of the stuff has been there for quite some time.
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

The Obama dress looks very much like something from his pre-collections, which are more commercial but really quite lovely. And the fabric choice is clearly Thom. Jason Wu?! c'mon, Faust...unless you are deeply acquainted with his collections and have seen something I haven't.

I'm really pleased to see him doing so well after all the predictions that he would be just a flash in the pan....

From pre-fall

Last edited by laika; 02-23-2014, 10:26 PM.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• rider
              eyes of the world
              • Jun 2009

if i needed to dress in a way and adhere to that profile (and actually fit into the slim cuts), I have no doubt that that prefall lineup would fit the bill. i almost wish i was a litigator just to have a reason to wear it.
              those deep violet's and cool grey's seem to denote a level of stately confidence. along with the warm set tones, i'm finally able to feel a connection to his work. lets see what this evening brings...
              Last edited by rider; 02-11-2013, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

I feel like his tailoring for women is finally catching up to the concepts/imagination. I gotta say I love the knit houndstooth skirt/plaid jacket combo that's show in profile here...I would wear that in a heartbeat, if i could get my hands on it.

Comment

• safeword123
                  • Jul 2008

the pre-fall looks a bit too matronly to me. and i really don't like how the sleeve of the last coat is two inches too short. it is ok for a guy to do the shrunken look, i suppose, but it'd be a little ridiculous on a grown up woman.

this is the fall preview

i see square shoulder, cinched waist, and full skirt

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

lol...

aren't those sleeves just "bracelet length"?

I do agree that the cinched waist/full skirt can be awfully matronly, especially if you've got anything going on in the way of a bust. Looks pretty amazing on Drake Burnette though...

Comment

• safeword123
                      • Jul 2008

call me anti-braclet length then

well, i have relatively long arms, bracelet length inevitably ends up looking like 3/4 length on me, which is no good especially for a winter coat, more for practical reason than aesthetic.

i do like the look you mentioned, and the 2nd grey suit/skirt combo, wish i could see the front.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by safeword123 View Post
                        the pre-fall looks a bit too matronly to me. and i really don't like how the sleeve of the last coat is two inches too short. it is ok for a guy to do the shrunken look, i suppose, but it'd be a little ridiculous on a grown up woman.

this is the fall preview

i see square shoulder, cinched waist, and full skirt
                        Works well for Paul Harnden. It looks great with gloves.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• safeword123
                          • Jul 2008

it certainly gives the wearer a more styling choices, the gloves for example as you say, a nice shirt cuff peeking out the way it's done in the look book, and of course, it is a great way to show off a piece of bracelet/watch, etc.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                            Vegan Police
                            • Sep 2011

StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• DRRRK
                              • Aug 2009

Amazing. I would say he found the ethereal.

Comment

• Ahimsa
                                Vegan Police
                                • Sep 2011

^ I really love that this is actually being shown in NYFW. It gives me hope that we can move beyond all the sportswear.
                                StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎