Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schleudersitz
    • Sep 2014

Why on earth would he bother with more ready to wear collections? He is being asked to do things that seem more lucrative and probably interesting to him than pouring vision and ideas into seasonal releases.

I would not ever expect him to produce a proper, full "Aitor Throup" collection because, from the materials provided in his interviews and what has been said about him, that isn't something he aspires to do.

Comment

• SuE
      • Jan 2013

I'm not expecting a proper 'full' ready to wear collection every six months. The whole point of the New Object Research manifesto was that he would instead offer seasonal releases that were modifications of existing designs. However he hasn't even been able to stock DSM NY with the old stuff, much less offer a new seasonal spin. I don't understand the scarcity; he has a team for production, presumably they can at least keep putting out already designed garments.
      One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Noomi Rapace by Aitor Throup video - gives you an insight into how those mesh mannequins are constructed.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

Nice vid, thanks for posting!

Did they borrow the CCP horse to do theirs or did they hire Monty Roberts to help them out..?

Comment

• SuE
            • Jan 2013

Interview at Disegno on a new photography project: Aitor Throup's The Rite of Spring

I’ve always been fascinated by Igor Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring. It really revolutionised classical music by challenging conventions, and I guess that is something that in my own way I have tried to do too. I saw this project as what I have sacrificed in order to get to this, my own Rite of Spring. Which is really symbolic of where the old New Object Research finishes and where the new New Object Research (and the new collection that we are working towards for next year) begins.
            Last edited by SuE; 12-09-2015, 08:24 AM.
            One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art ― Oscar Wilde

Comment

• lyjameson
              • Mar 2015

Aitor Throup's The Rite of Spring

'I am somewhere in-between an artist and a product designer. I really utilise product design principles and a product design approach. Not necessarily everything follows function, but everything follows reason and there is a logic to the work. It is always a problem-solving process.'

Comment

• timm3h
                • Mar 2011

Website's been updated with the photo series...
                Clothing deconstruction & review

Comment

• Arkady
                  • Apr 2011

Hmm very simplistic for him. Tired theme, tired (perceived) narrative. Not connecting on this one as compared to his other work.

Comment

• Law
                    • Dec 2013

Originally posted by Arkady View Post
                    Hmm very simplistic for him. Tired theme, tired (perceived) narrative. Not connecting on this one as compared to his other work.
                    Post apocalyptic space warrior Jason Vorhees, gets a part time job as a painter and decorator. What exactly does this guy do again? Besides over designed pants?

Comment

• SketchingJack
                      • Aug 2015

Aitor has been appointed creative director at Gstar where he's had the opportunity to explore designing with denim rather than his usual wool construction. The result is an interesting pair of raw denim jeans straight out of his sketchbook

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

While I kinda like them, and I've wanted something from Aitor for a long time, they're still blue, and they're still only denim so I'll be waiting until we get more mainline Throup [eventually]

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                        • May 2014

He already announced that he will be showing a new collection during London Fashion week this June i believe.

The G-star appointment is from a while back but this pair of denim is the first garment i noticed as being imbued with Aitor's identity. At the end of the day you are still buying g-star and while the technique seems interesting and innovative, you are left with a pair of pants that really seems to appeal to a specific hypebeast target. Who wants excessive stacking across the whole leg anymore?

Comment

• newp
                          • Feb 2013

^ he has worked with Umbro before back in 2011, hasn't he?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by newp View Post
                            ^ he has worked with Umbro before back in 2011, hasn't he?
                            Yes, and the concept was similar - anatomic construction to facilitate movement. Honestly, I know Aitor could do better. Looking forward to what he has cooking for next month.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lyjameson
                              • Mar 2015

Oh it's this June ?

The website mentioned different

Comment

• lyjameson
                                • Mar 2015

I have the umbro collection, yeah I do agree he could've done better.

But the material composition has a great feel :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎