• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kira
    • Mar 2008

Re: Ilaria Nistri

Thank you Faust.
    Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

thanks for the pics, Cas!

Yoox and C21 are the best stockists, I fear. Esthete used to carry the line, but they are gone now. I missed that sample sale last time around, but I imagine the Spring one will be coming up again soon. [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Ah, thanks Faust! I tried searching but came up with nothing....damn search function.

Laika- Sale stores are the best stockists? That's not good....

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Yes, the search function is probably the only technical feature of SZ that really frustrates me. It's impossible to find old threads (and this one was a year and a half old!) without digging through everything.[:'(]

Cas, the only other accessible U.S. stockist I know is this shop in South Carolina. They also carry Gary Graham.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Sorry, guys. Basically, I had to kill the search function on most keywords, because it was draining DB space. But, hey, this is SZ - you can search for Poell! [86]
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

when's the migration, i want to give you money
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

i need to find someone. will look around and get some quotes.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"]

Yes, the search function is probably the only technical feature of SZ that really frustrates me. It's impossible to find old threads (and this one was a year and a half old!) without digging through everything.[:'(]

Cas, the only other accessible U.S. stockist I know is this shop in South Carolina. They also carry Gary Graham.

[/quote]

there is also this shop in chicago. (website is yuck). I know nothing about the store other than they said they can maybe order me pieces, if they dont have them and send me pics.

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• surver
                    • Oct 2007

Ilaria Nistri

Ilaria Nistri’s universe is defined within the constant pursuit of a nonnatural balance of things. Within the dynamic tension created by a post-modern vision where rough elements like leather and metal and impalpable ones like silk and transparencies give life to unexpected suggestions. The result is an imagery made of fragile poetic gothic style where colour abstraction does not deny the appearance of printing distinguished by a strict pictorial character. This land is inhabited by a conceptual she-warrior who protects her own fragility. Deep femininity that interprets cuts and deconstructions like an instrument to tell her manifold faces.

Ilaria Nistri presented her first collection at Tranoï in Paris at the Bourse de Commerce in 2006. She immediately achieved success among prestigious international department stores as Liberty in London Lane Crawford in Hong Kong and Mercury in Moscow.

In 2008 she was selected by Vogue Italy as upcoming designer and she reached the final of the Who is on Next contest called by the prestigious magazine and organised and promoted by Alta Roma. She presented her S|S 9 collection with a show for the opening of Rome AltaModa week and with an installation during Milan Fashion Week by Vogue Italy. The following year she is invited by ICE to take part in the Spiral Hall in Tokyo on the occasion of Young Italian Designers in Japan Preview. In Italy she is invited by Franca Sozzani to join the fashion show-event On Stage to open Milano Unica. In the same year she is selected by Vogue Italy for the Cahier des Talents 2010.

SS11

AW11

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      This is a fairly new Italian womenswear designer, and her work is obviously referrential to Rick Owens, Ann Dem, and other usual suspects, but in my book it's not a bad thing :-). I've seen some of her things at Esthete in New York, and I got to flip through her lookbook. It's worth keeping her on your radar. I liked the quality of her leather and the designs were interesting. Her website is still under construction, but there is a fairly indicative picture of her work on the front page

Ilaria Nistri was born around 2003 .. when in Italy, a few lines with deconstructed and poor style, as Malloni by Franco Armilla or D_CLN were having a great commercial success in the niche-lovers of the genre.
                      One difference was that Ilaria, had a harder and more rigorous designs, while others were more romantic.
                      The story is very long, but interesting ...

PS-The website works ... just Clik Menu icon
                      SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

you are replying to a post from 5 years ago. please pay attention.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

lol..

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

I told his guy his screen name would be a self fulfilling prophecy

I can see the axe blades being sharpen now......
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• fashiondisaster
                              • May 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              I told his guy his screen name would be a self fulfilling prophecy

I can see the axe blades being sharpen now......
                              I love your sarcasm : is for me exciting...
                              :-)
                              SEEKING SELECTIVE REASERCH

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎