X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DHC
    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
    not terribly original, feels too much like Undercover, but it's kinda cool i guess...im glad there's people emerging from China who are seriously giving design a go, apart from the trashy club hipster graphic print and generic Japanese-derivative of a derivative streetwear shit.
    Do you really feel that way Matt? There's an intrinsic warmth to this collection that makes Undercover look overtly contrived.
    Originally posted by Faust
    fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• jona
      • Apr 2008

i agree with DHC; although there are a couple things in the presentation that are slightly reminiscent of past Undercover shows, by and large i feel that the two lines are coming from two completely different worlds.

Boki, i tried emailing them a few weeks ago and, as expected, have recieved no response... will have to just wait until i bump into somebody from their organanization or somebody who knows what's going on there. i'll post if i find something

Comment

• Fade to Black
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by DHC View Post
        Do you really feel that way Matt? There's an intrinsic warmth to this collection that makes Undercover look overtly contrived.
        good point Dave, on a second glance you're right. Especially Undercover in its present manifestation...it is getting increasingly artificial and hollow to me. Even Number (N)ine, you can slander Taka for going crazy and letting the drugs or whatever madness drove his latest collection, but you can't deny the guy got soul. I feel it when I walk into the N(N) flagship in Ebisu, which has always felt very cozy and somewhat of a home to me, which is my favorite kind of store. The only similar experiences I've had shopping were at the YY aoyama flagship (the old Roppongi Y's location left me cold, though) and as a kid following my parents into the legendary Helmut Lang in Soho (even though i was not yet tapped into the fashion part of my brain yet). Undercover's boutique, even when it had the interesting t-shirt collage thing in the window, never quite struck the same impression on me, whether it was the decor or the clothes...
        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• D_S
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by surver View Post
          sadly no men's line for exception; i checked already :(

agree re evenpenniless... but give them time, i think he'll come into his own soon... it's scary how quickly china's young generation learns and develop...
          Scary how quickly........................

Comment

• Jonn
            • Mar 2008

Im glad you got banned

Comment

• surver
              • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
              good point Dave, on a second glance you're right. Especially Undercover in its present manifestation...it is getting increasingly artificial and hollow to me. Even Number (N)ine, you can slander Taka for going crazy and letting the drugs or whatever madness drove his latest collection, but you can't deny the guy got soul. I feel it when I walk into the N(N) flagship in Ebisu, which has always felt very cozy and somewhat of a home to me, which is my favorite kind of store. The only similar experiences I've had shopping were at the YY aoyama flagship (the old Roppongi Y's location left me cold, though) and as a kid following my parents into the legendary Helmut Lang in Soho (even though i was not yet tapped into the fashion part of my brain yet). Undercover's boutique, even when it had the interesting t-shirt collage thing in the window, never quite struck the same impression on me, whether it was the decor or the clothes...
              check out the ss09 collection... i think UC's back...

Comment

• Felix
                • Aug 2009

WU YONG / THE EARTH

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Are you here to promote your blog?
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Felix
                    • Aug 2009

not at all!)

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

then maybe it's worth to say something, you know, like maybe why you like the brand, who the designer is. Get on it.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                        • Jul 2007

bump for merge.

And thanks again to Jona for starting this thread. Jona, if you're lurking, start posting again. You should post some of your new work and let people share their thoughts on it as well.
                        Originally posted by Faust
                        fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Felix
                          • Aug 2009

WU YONG is one of the brands created by talented Chineese desinger Ma Ke

Comment

• Avantster
                            ¤¤¤
                            • Sep 2006

Good to see this up here, the designer Ma Ke is behind her label Wu Yong (無用, meaning 'Useless') is one of the only Chinese designers I'm aware of who utilises traditional Chinese fabric-making and garment-making techniques. Most fabrics are sourced locally and actually made in-house, as well as the garments, of course. She was also the first Chinese designer to show at Paris Haute Couture as a guest member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Haute Couture in 2008.
                            let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                              ¤¤¤
                              • Sep 2006

More pics of 'The Earth' collection at V&A London.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Avantster
                                ¤¤¤
                                • Sep 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎