Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karamazov
    • Jan 2011

Music was one example from a multitude. I daresay it is argumentatively, and to a degree, socially uninformed of you to make such broad, quick assumptions on how I think.

Furthermore, for the same reasons that I do not have much feeling for Raf's work now, I would not go to my "local market" to buy a band shirt. If I buy something like that, I'd like my money to fuel the artist directly, not the person who buys made-in-China t-shirts and irons on Black Flag logos. Again, this is a matter of integrity.

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
      • Dec 2010

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Karamazov
        • Jan 2011

Ah, see, even the integrity factor applies to Public Image Ltd.;they only started because Johnny felt artistically stifled in the Pistols and asked Keith and Jah to work with him if/when the band dissolved. Note that their sound failed to push boundaries after the original trio split and musicians started to come in only to fill in roles rather than to create.

Regardless, I would've enjoyed this more if I was replied to with thoughts rather than a song from PiL's beginning of the end.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TINTININBRUSSELS View Post
          you are all about music references .there is more to Raf and more to life than music. like arts, like technology. if you want a band t-shirt, just go to your local market and try to respect Raf's new target market.
          Who would that be? Eli Broad?
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• probably a 1000 euro towel. would be funny.

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
              • Dec 2010

replied with a video as you seemed to appreciate communication through music, and here are the thoughts behind it:

“It was all very tongue in cheek. At the time people were saying that I'd joined big business and become a bourgeois shit. So I thought the best way of tackling this would be to pump out a song saying 'That's exactly what I am!' Tongue firmly in cheek. And that kind of stopped that nonsense - so it worked.“'This Is Not A Love Song' was a sort of response to that constant request from the record company for those HITS. Someone said 'Why don't you write a love song?' Ha, I said, love song - ehh, well, this is not a love song!” John Lydon

Comment

• Pumpfish
                • Sep 2010

Is it out of place to pass judgement on a designer's career choice and commercial choices. Should we just judge the work?

And confining judgement to the work doesn't let him off easily.

Apart from this first few mens collections for JS, I don't think his work has either thrilled, charmed or moved things forward.
                spinning glue back into horses. . .

Comment

• Karamazov
                  • Jan 2011

replied with a video as you seemed to appreciate communication through music, and here are the thoughts behind it
                  ... so is that not-love song directed towards me or Raf? Because only one us is relevant to this thread.

A series of relevant inequalities is in order, perhaps:

making ≠ creating
                  simply referencing art ≠ referencing your inspirations
                  repetition of an old theme ≠ innovation

Conversely, in my mind, inspired work = innovation + integrity

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                    ... so is that not-love song directed towards me or Raf? Because only one us is relevant to this thread.

A series of relevant inequalities is in order, perhaps:

making ≠ creating
                    simply referencing art ≠ referencing your inspirations
                    repetition of an old theme ≠ innovation

Conversely, in my mind, inspired work = innovation + integrity

What? directed towards you indeed.

i think 'making' equals 'creating' but 'doing' doesn't equal creating. when you make something, it is unique, but when you 'do', it might very well be a 'copy paste'. i thought of making as something manual, something to do with crafts.
                    Why would anyone even reference an artwork that doesn't inspire him in the first place? Those who would are copying someone else's work.. Repetition of an old theme is not innovation of course, it is 'reinventing', as Raf puts it.

Comment

• Karamazov
                      • Jan 2011

Please bear in mind that I am not the subject of this thread and that your opinion of me is fundamentally irrelevant.

"Making" can include manufacturing, so no, it is not creation. "Doing" is far too broad; looking for the Higgs Boson can be categorised as such. You are spot on with the other two, though, further proving the point of all of this.

I am curious to know what it is you find impressive in today-Raf's work.

Comment

• Nathaniel Dwell
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        k, so i just got off the phone. Raf will be by at 10am tomorrow to decorate the kids' new room! I will stand in the shadow of greatness!
                        lol^^

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

Does "Raf Simons House" sound tacky as hell, or is it just me
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• TINTININBRUSSELS
                            • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Karamazov View Post
                            Please bear in mind that I am not the subject of this thread and that your opinion of me is fundamentally irrelevant.

"Making" can include manufacturing, so no, it is not creation. "Doing" is far too broad; looking for the Higgs Boson can be categorised as such. You are spot on with the other two, though, further proving the point of all of this.

I am curious to know what it is you find impressive in today-Raf's work.

what are you talking about? the video is about Raf, i don't understand why it would be about you, if that's what you mean. what is there to be curious about? simple : his silhouettes are extremely manly, robust and graceful.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Tintin, you are a tool.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Chilton0326
                                Well, I didn't imagine it coming with a logo. I think many designers capture the look of "drifters", but i like the idea of making something genuinely useful for someone who's a true drifter or wandering sort, or who wants to hitch-hike through Europe, etc.
                                Dream on... It is coming with a logo and I think it is going to suck.

simple : his silhouettes are extremely manly, robust and graceful.
                                Why did you have to construct such a complex (and confusing) series of arguments if it's that simple? In other words, what's your point?
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎