• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

ok zamb I'll let you have the slickness
    argument
    but can anybody here honestly tell me what this work is about?
    no offense cas but zipper placement and his relationship as a lesser julius and ro isn't cutting it
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I agree with Zam on the atmosphere of the show - it looked and felt very DIY. Here is my favorite piece (ML, hope you don't mind me reposting the photo). SBW, good job on the photos - I'm glad you took back shots.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
        argument
        no offense cas but zipper placement and his relationship as a lesser julius and ro isn't cutting it

its not really slick, and i do understand the angle from which you are coming, which is to say that as a designer one should bring something new/ fresh to the table and i do agree with that, but there are some who are not as creative/ original as others, at least not in the beginning. I cannot argue for this kid because i really dont know him, for you originality might be the first criterion, but for me technical knowledge is, because i know that technical knowledge can lead to- the freedom to develop ones own style, thats why i am willing to wait two or three seasons for a comprehensive assesment, if he does the same things, then...............i wouldnt see him as first rate, if he finds his own voice, good for him.........
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Jon
          • Apr 2008

exploiting an aesthetic and running with it all the way to the bank.
          Originally posted by merz
          perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• BeauIXI
            • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Jon View Post
            O shit.
            Originally posted by philip nod
            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ironman
              • Apr 2008

^lol

i also feel that it is a cross between Julius and Rick Owens, and don't see how the details and silhouettes are any different as Casius suggested

i think the leather face mask is cool, but as already mentioned, CCP

edit: as i showed the photos to my girlfriend, when she saw the face mask, she asked if it was CCP, saying how it looked like something he would do, without having previously seen the ccp one lol
              Last edited by ironman; 02-13-2009, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• cuddly
                • Sep 2007

well just wait till austin aka.odyn come in and explains himself. im sure he has a take on all your q's,but if that leather shirt is cheaper than MA,then im wid it.

Originally posted by morsto View Post
                It looks quite nice, but the prices, for instance $1800 for a hooded leather, isn't it a bit much for an entirely new designer? I would have to be on quite a variety of drugs to not get a julius instead. Maybe I'm alone here though, anyways, it looks very good and I wouldn't know that this was a first show if it wasn't written earlier - it looks very professional.
                thats a nice ccp mask
                argument

Comment

• doldrums
                  • Dec 2008

regardless of whether this collection bites (others), the fact that he (austin) is wearing a mickey mouse t-shirt singlehandedly injects at least a bit of "cool" into an otherwise well executed collection by everyone else.

Comment

• Jon
                    • Apr 2008

doldrums, that has got to be the weakest argument for biting ever. That said, I can see that there was an honest effort to try to build some kind of unique aesthetic and voice, but it didn't work here, and maybe he'll figure it out later...
                    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

was there a title of the collection?
                      I'm assuming there wasn't bc that would give us something

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

in a recession people still pay a premium for orginality

Comment

• KodakII
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by KodakII View Post
                          Not to be rude, but is there really a need for another label that falls into this particular niche?
                          After seeing the collection, I am still wondering.

Comment

• Jon
                            • Apr 2008

in a recession people still pay a premium for orginality
                            really? maybe you can tell me where2kop OV tank?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

It just seems that whenever a new line is shown, others like to compare it to whatever else is out because that is the easiest thing to do.
                              I guess I like to look at the good that he's doing with his line and how he's been able to grow his aesthetic into something (albeit most may see it as contrived).
                              Also, I think placement of details is what sets things a part. A trouser is a trouser, that is, until you add curved seams or a J-shape, or drop crotch, or whatever. There is of course, not an unlimited amount of things you can do in the confines of clothing, especially when taking into consideration what Men actually will wear.
                              He may not have found a 'voice' yet but then again I don't think any of us, including myself can make that judgement on the lack of information surrounding the designer and the collection.

I see no problem with what Austin is doing, to be honest.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• KodakII
                                • Sep 2008

As much as you want to point out how it is "different", it is still contrived.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎