X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • malevich
    • Jun 2012

So when seeing it in person, can you confirm if those sculptures are really made from his shredded fashion archives? i still cannot believe he did it.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Confirmed. Forgot to take a photo of a pillar where you clearly could see shredded denim, label included. Helmut was there, but his watchdogs wouldn't let me get near him. A couple of photos are on StyleZeitgeist Instagram.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zabriski
        • Jul 2013

Now i might get shot for asking this : is current Helmut line worth checking out ? I know it was crap until not too long ago but i saw some stuff on a couple of sites + handled some at barneys which looked actually surprisingly good , not like the cheap made in china turds they ve been churning out for a while. Thoughts anyone ?..

Comment

• guardimp
          • Jun 2010

If you are seeking the pre-2004 helmut then don't bother. It still is a money grab, now with Plokhov as the "designer." The good stuff is still readily available, with decent items coming on the market all the time.

Comment

• cremaster
            • Jan 2010

Faust I loved your write up on the Helmut Lang parfums on the Stylezeitgeist magazine blog.
            It brought back memories of the first time I was in NY and my excitement when visited the SOHO store. From the Holzer work to the overall design, to the smell of the fragrances. It gave me a new perspective on where some of the best art is now situated.
            I then frantically went looking through my piles of stuff for the magazine they gave away in the store at the time.
            Sometimes memory clouds judgement - was it really that good?
            Yes it was...

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

/\ ha, that's cool! I saw the glimpse of the man a few weeks ago - he has a show in New York. We did not write it up because the gallery people were kind of dickish.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Law
                • Dec 2013

Didn't know where to put this, but an interesting look at Helmut Lang and his continued influence.

"A decade after he left fashion, Helmut Lang is still one of the world’s most influential designers"

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

And an article by Sarah Mower.

"I have always thought that those who identified with Giorgio Armani in the eighties and Yves Saint Laurent in the seventies must have felt the same as all of us who felt so passionately about Helmut Lang. Once in a blue moon, a designer comes along who holds up a mirror in which we recognize everything we want to be. In the nineties that man was Helmut Lang."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• winner456
                    • Aug 2015

Hemlut Lang is a name that resonates throughout the fashion world. This self trained Austrian born designer is one of the most influential people in the fashion scenario. His innovative works have inspired a generation and has spawned a slew of fashion followers. Hemlut Lang has moved on from being a fashion designer to an artist but his works are still very popular and relevant. Many fashion photographers still insist on Lang’s collection to be used in their photo shoot.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks for letting us now. Is this a part of your school essay or what?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• AVerdantShore
                        • Jan 2011

^^are the bots just getting smarter and smarter? I recently had a chance to look through some men's fashion rags and there was a small editorial with old Helmut stuff. Even in an orange and green palette, it was still lovely.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

Not sure if this has been posted before:

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah, I've followed this dude on Instagram for a while. Then I got bored and unfollowed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• shellface
                              • Jan 2016

"Independence Day". Guinevere Van Seenus and Malgosia Bela photographed by Steven Meisel for US Vogue, July 1999

backpack straps + biker detailing
                              Last edited by shellface; 01-11-2016, 04:42 AM. Reason: broken link

Comment

• YohjiIsLife
                                • May 2015

Images from SS 97

Last edited by YohjiIsLife; 03-25-2016, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎