Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huckleberry
    • Jul 2009

Athusad - I was thinking of getting the grey wool suit, any comments on it? I was also wondering if you have handled any of the beach denim pieces as there are few that appeal to me but I can't tell much from the lookbook photos.

Comment

• atuhsad
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by huckleberry View Post
      Athusad - I was thinking of getting the grey wool suit, any comments on it? I was also wondering if you have handled any of the beach denim pieces as there are few that appeal to me but I can't tell much from the lookbook photos.
      Regarding the sizing, the suit runs really slim. I am normally a size 5 in SS, but took a 6 in the jacket (too much pulling in the size 5) and a 7 in the pants (I also have another pair of grey pants from this season, and got them in a five). The issue with the pants is mostly the seat and thigh area are really slim (I have soccer thighs . . . ) so a 5 and a 6 are not flattering on me (way too tight in the thigh and seat). The jacket is being hemmed, having the sleeves shortened and chest taken in slightly. The pants are having the waist taken in and the seat let out.

Regarding the fabric, it is quite interesting and light wool. Difficult to explaing, but you can see the details on Project No8's site: http://www.projectno8.com/products/l...ant?creator=23. Just enlarge the picture.

The sleeves on the jacket have working button wholes, but the buttons are covered (like a covered placket on the shirt), so the tailor has to remove the sleeves in order to shorten.

In summary, a nice fabric with subtle detail and a very slim fit. If you are slim to begin with, i would buy your normal size, but if you work out at all and have some muscle mass to you, i would consider sizing up.

Regarding the beach denim pieces, i havent really handled as they didnt appeal to me. I think that Opening ceremony has the pants and Project No8b has the jacket

Comment

• shotgunmessenger
        • May 2010

Best selection from Schneider comes out of Opening Ceremony. Usually on point with their outerwear selections. But the online array isn't nearly as comprehensive as the in-store.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I much prefer the Project N8 buy.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dissident
            • Jun 2010

anyone handle this cardigan?:

is the material noteworthy? any interesting details?

Comment

• huckleberry
              • Jul 2009

Found this preview of fw 2010, there is also a video on the lift's blog.

I'm going to have to get the shirt and trousers in this image

Comment

• Fenderman
                • Feb 2009

Some pics of SS 2011 found here:

I like some of the jackets...

Comment

• huckleberry
                  • Jul 2009

Any news on the upcoming season? Pictures and information seem to be non existent. From the little I've heard its very much a standard fall collection from him which cant be a bad thing.

Comment

• Fenderman
                    • Feb 2009

I've already posted it in another thread, but here it may be ound easier again. This are the only pics I found of the upcoming winter collection:

But yeah, his winter collections are usally better than the summer ones in my opinion. So it will hopefully be no exception.

Edit:
                    Here are two more pics from the lookbook I've just found:

Looks usual, but promising.

Comment

• huckleberry
                      • Jul 2009

Much appreciated. The knit on the top right looks like it could be interesting. Can't wait for more pictures.
                      His summer collections are always a disappointment, its a shame. Last good one was a couple of years back now. I just don't think his aesthetic works as well with lighter fabrics. His knitwear and woolen blazers are what shine, and they are pretty much non existent in the summer.

Comment

• Fenderman
                        • Feb 2009

More pics of the new collection on the lift site:

Comment

• huckleberry
                          • Jul 2009

The knits in pictures #4 & #6 look phenomenal. I think its high time I invested in his knitwear as I've been sticking to the scarves and jackets too much recently. Hopefully a full lookbook or shots of the showroom will surface soon.

Comment

• DCU
                            • Sep 2010

Pictures of the new collection are up on the Stephan Schneider website!

Does anybody know where I'll be able to pick up some of this stuff in size 3?

Comment

• loot
                              • Aug 2010

Anyone got something from the new collection? Not seeing much available from the few stores I know of.

Comment

• huckleberry
                                • Jul 2009

I was in the boutique in Antwerp yesterday. The knitwear is nice but the fit is off on alot off it (the shawl knit especially I found). Scarves were the standout as always and a few of the woolen shirts were nice. Its a nice collection but after last winter I have to say I'm a little disappointed when I got to handle it in person.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎