X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I'd throw a guess that the Paris store will be more expensive, I don't recall seeing a retailer go past their prices
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Monty76
      • Sep 2006

I wouldnt recommend ordering from Oki-Ni... I have been hit with very high customs, duties and brokerage fees everytime - plus they don't deduct VAT. You are better off calling some smaller boutiques in Europe and they will be happy to deduct the VAT and ship as a gift with a low value.

Comment

• loveless
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
        I wouldnt recommend ordering from Oki-Ni... I have been hit with very high customs, duties and brokerage fees everytime - plus they don't deduct VAT. You are better off calling some smaller boutiques in Europe and they will be happy to deduct the VAT and ship as a gift with a low value.
        GREAT TIP! I always wondered about them.....

Comment

• JetLag
          • Jul 2008

These boots won't be more expensive in the Paris store than on OKi-ni, but they're already almost sold out there.
          Originally posted by danman
          If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
            His best store yet from the looks of it, really love the treatment to the exterior facade...the monochromatic color scheme over the more classical elements works well with rick design philosophies. Agreed fantastic corner location; looking forward to seeing it in person.
            Agreed. Well done.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Charlesdar
              • Mar 2009

Is it 2 stories? Looks like it is.

Comment

• swami
                • Jul 2008

The architect Joseph Dirand has great flair for space and interior and I love his signatire black and white interiors. He used a lot of Rick furniture for the Hotel in Mexico as well.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

its nothing new, same deal at least occasionally with Paris and pretty much always with New York.
                  "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Let's not be too hard on Rick.....someone's got to pay for those beautiful Nick Night pube shots, not to mention the concrete and pewter m&ms.

Comment

• asis
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by superdaddy
                      the new London store really over priced. The hight trainer at Browns only 625 pounds (last year was 535) The same trainer that sale it for 705 pounds. The leather jacket in Browns around 1600 pounds and in the Rick Owens boutique as for 1900 pounds.
                      also though, the pounds not quite what it used to be against the euro either...

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                        • Nov 2006

I imagine it keeps his other retailers happy, as to not compete with them.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

the RO stores of course need to fund themselves (rent, staff, design and interior) and they do operate on a smaller market then any multi label boutiques not to mention department stores. but then again there is no one taking money from in between, so who knows..

Originally posted by asis View Post
                          also though, the pounds not quite what it used to be against the euro either...
                          this was a pound vs. pound comparison though

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by superdaddy
                            the new London store really over priced. The hight trainer at Browns only 625 pounds (last year was 535) The same trainer that sale it for 705 pounds. The leather jacket in Browns around 1600 pounds and in the Rick Owens boutique as for 1900 pounds.
                            You forget the premium for walking out with a Rick Owens bag.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asis
                              • Dec 2008

i was referring more to this part (The hight trainer at Browns only 625 pounds (last year was 535) ), but as you say he has different overheads. Its not really that long until sales start again, so i guess they have to make the difference somewhere Also i am wondering does he own the store outright or is it part owned and operated by a third party as with other stores?

no matter what he says in interviews its not the best time to be opening stores

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by asis View Post
                                i was referring more to this part (The hight trainer at Browns only 625 pounds (last year was 535) )
                                ah yea you're absolutely right, with the rate taken into consideration the price is the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎