• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

except for the slim pants and the shoes, I dont like the menswear too
    much.

what I do love is the womenswear. I like it because I could certainly see my wife wearing it. ...........must see if can pick up a few pieces for her
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• een
      • Sep 2006

hmm. how did that smile get there?

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      except for the slim pants and the shoes, I dont like the menswear too
      much.

what I do love is the womenswear. I like it because I could certainly see my wife wearing it. ...........must see if can pick up a few pieces for her
      Funny you should say that, zamb. They are essentially the same thing.
      I find it provocative that Marvie moved from anatomical 3-d patterns (her linea knit pieces, esp the t) to mostly flat patterns - I would guess her interest in the owner of the clothing's personal self-expression was a motivating factor. Obviously the ultimate form a flat pattern takes would be more reliant on the interaction between wearer and article of clothing - to that end Marvie offers a variety of relationships for that to happen - s, m, l. Fabric stiffness and weight has an impact, hence the squareness of the outerwear. (Clearly not telling you anything you didn't know already...)
      In that regard, I would suggest that both fit and a bit of wear would effect one's opinion about the work, and I'd suggest for the better.
      I do agree that women look nicer.

DHC feel free to correct me on any factual errors...
      Last edited by een; 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• francojean23
        • Sep 2008

i felt the same way , despite the pieces being essentially unisex , it looks markedly better on the female model , particularly the jackets paired with skirts

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by francojean23 View Post
          i felt the same way , despite the pieces being essentially unisex , it looks markedly better on the female model , particularly the jackets paired with skirts
          Isn'it an artefact ?
          Actually, the guy is not a model, but a friend of the designer, and one could say that he doesn't do the job perfectly (he's a bit short for the clothes and he doesn't have the right carriage).
          I've seen the clothes worn and they looked as great on men as on women.

Please keep as well in mind that this very good offer offer is only for pre-orders, that will be delivered in June. Then the online shop will close and the garments will no more be available at these prices.

Comment

• Arcane
            • Jul 2008

I think this is a seriously clever marketing campaign, hands down. That said, I will probably get some pieces for me and the girl.
            Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
              I think this is a seriously clever marketing campaign, hands down.
              Yes, I'm sorry.
              But you know my nickname. I can't help helping good young designers... for the benefit of thrifty members.

Another information : please check carefully the size chart, since everything runs very small. For example, someone wearing 48 should order 52. But don't ask me what size should order someone wearing 52...

WOMAN
              size Ø waist Ø chest should.
              40 78 cm 84 cm 37 cm
              42 82 cm 88 cm 39 cm
              44 86 cm 92 cm 41 cm
              46 90 cm 96 cm 43 cm
              MAN
              46 78 cm 92 cm 40 cm
              48 82 cm 96 cm 42 cm
              50 86 cm 100 cm 44 cm
              52 90 cm 104 cm 46 cm

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by een View Post
                Funny you should say that, zamb. They are essentially the same thing.
                I find it provocative that Marvie moved from anatomical 3-d patterns (her linea knit pieces, esp the t) to mostly flat patterns - I would guess her interest in the owner of the clothing's personal self-expression was a motivating factor. Obviously the ultimate form a flat pattern takes would be more reliant on the interaction between wearer and article of clothing - to that end Marvie offers a variety of relationships for that to happen - s, m, l. Fabric stiffness and weight has an impact, hence the squareness of the outerwear. (Clearly not telling you anything you didn't know already...)
                In that regard, I would suggest that both fit and a bit of wear would effect one's opinion about the work, and I'd suggest for the better.
                I do agree that women look nicer.

DHC feel free to correct me on any factual errors...
                well, by no means am I saying that the menswear doesn't look good. it looks very good, but I am speaking about my personal needs, as opposed to a purely objective perspective of the pieces. this type of menswear isn't really for me, but I know my my love it....
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Arcane
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                  Yes, I'm sorry.
                  But you know my nickname. I can't help helping good young designers... for the benefit of thrifty members.
                  Well, that's not entirely what I meant. More that it's clever to sell the items for a heavily discounted price to give the custumer a chance to wear it and feel it for real, not just trying it on in the store. At least it's a good way if you are certain of the products quality and that the customers therefore will be coming back.
                  Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• calv
                    • May 2009

Christian, you're sizing chart is probably for the "S" clothes. As Mariavittoria told me that the "M" T-shirt shoulder measurement is 45 cm in a 48.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

Damn, it's getting confusing. When I indicated her the usual size I was wearing in pants (32 in jeans / size M), Marvie advised me to go for a 46 - 77 cm at the waist - which I found really small. Now, according to Christian's infos, I see that I should go for a 48 at least, even for a 50.

DHC, I understand you handled those garments. Would you have any clear idea about the sizing ?
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by calv View Post
                        Christian, you're sizing chart is probably for the "S" clothes. As Mariavittoria told me that the "M" T-shirt shoulder measurement is 45 cm in a 48.
                        As you know, S is a shape and not a size, and the size chart I pasted is from the site. But Marvie just changed it upon my request.

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                        Damn, it's getting confusing. When I indicated her the usual size I was wearing in pants (32 in jeans / size M), Marvie advised me to go for a 46 - 77 cm at the waist - which I found really small. Now, according to Christian's infos, I see that I should go for a 48 at least, even for a 50.
                        You could definitely not wear this size.
                        Take your measurements (waist and chest on your body) and decide according to the new size chart.

44 78 cm 92 cm 40 cm
                        46 82 cm 96 cm 42 cm
                        48 86 cm 100 cm 44 cm
                        50 90 cm 104 cm 46 cm

Comment

• calv
                          • May 2009

I know its a shape. That's why I said "S" clothes and that's why I also said the T-shirt "M" in a size 48

Good that she changed it.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                            • Mar 2009

Thanks Christian, finally went for a 48. Should be ok.
                            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

This line does well as a higher quality and concept rendition of the Muji one-stop-shop approach to functional wardrobing. Nothing really directional or groundbreaking, but it works, which is what matters.
                              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• doldrums
                                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                                Another information : please check carefully the size chart, since everything runs very small. For example, someone wearing 48 should order 52. But don't ask me what size should order someone wearing 52
                                i asked her about a M tee shirt. regularly wear a 48 and she recommended a 46. So yea, sizing seems to vary depending on S-M-L.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎