X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

No matter what Yohji does, he will always be one of the best. I loved seeing lots of patterns and the colors that so many designers we discuss here used to shy away from. Maybe the goth ninja stereotype will turn into something else. Even though Yohji has used colors more than say Rick and Boris, it was nice seeing the introduction of these lovely greens and blues amongst the normal earth and monochrome tones.

Last edited by eleves; 06-27-2014, 02:56 AM.
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• eleves
      • Sep 2012

Last edited by eleves; 06-27-2014, 02:53 AM.
      HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• eleves
        • Sep 2012

Comment

• eleves
          • Sep 2012

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

/\ appreciate the effort but we have dedicated thread for seasonal collections.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eleves
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              /\ appreciate the effort but we have dedicated thread for seasonal collections.
              Damn! Completely forgot about the thread right under this one I never had a chance to post the collections because someone else always gets to them first! Thought my nocturnal tendencies came through this time! Maybe I should sleep more...

Anyway, that Irene Silvagni quote that was posted is very saddening. Lots of things involving Yohji are saddening. He truly is a master and everything that the line had to go through sucks. His NYC shop was lovely, I wish it were still here. It's hard looking at even the resale value of clothing. There is a lot of respect for him on this site but it's disheartening that stores who carry Yohji do it as passionate buys like Atelier did because Yohji just doesn't sell like he deserves to (this excluding places like Barneys who have money to carry anything but still choose tiny Yohji buys). Does Hotoveli still carry Yohji, anywhere else in NY? I think a good measure of where Yohji is would be his exclusion from Dover Street Market. Maybe it's a personal thing between Rei and Yohji but it's a tad bit empty when Yohji isn't included in the group of designers carried at DSM. I could've sworn the original DSM carried him at some point but their most recent floor guide suggests otherwise.
              Last edited by eleves; 06-28-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

DSM never carried him AFAIK. I agree with what you say, of course.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• rider
                  eyes of the world
                  • Jun 2009

Y's Red Label A/W 09/10

Comment

• chandler
                    • Jan 2011

Bilzerian in boston has been carrying yohji and this season has some fairly interesting (i.e., not timid) pieces.

Yohji and Alan go way back. They used to spar together in karate. So I think their carrying yohji is not so much what Alan thinks will merely sell (which can be a challenge) but what he thinks people should be wearing or at least investigating

Very cool stuff not adequately captured w pictures.

Comment

• samuray_
                      • Jul 2014

i was shopping the new yohji collection fw14 and bought a pair of pants
                      anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by samuray_ View Post
                        i was shopping the new yohji collection fw14 and bought a pair of pants
                        anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?
                        I am pretty confident the pockets are there so you can put various things into them.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by samuray_ View Post

. . .anybody know what are the big pockets with buttons on the side are for ?

I am pretty confident the pockets are there so you can put various things into them.
                          sain't

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I worked hard on that, not sure why the judge on the right took off one tenth of a point?! :(

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• interest1
                              • Nov 2008

I worked hard on that, not sure why the judge on the right took off one tenth of a point?! :(

Well, the right is usually more critical than the left, no? .
                              sain't

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Haha, those conservatives will deduct points because "it builds character."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎