X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Amir
    • May 2010

Originally posted by tarringlee View Post
    yea, its a piece from yohji yamamoto womenswear mainline, i just really don't know which season it comes from. i was taking a guess it might be 2010 f/w? but not sure. thanks anyway.
    I'm quite confident it doesn't come from 2010 f/w, given my current position is with Yohji Yamamoto (and as I mentioned my colleague has been working here for the good 15 years).

However, both me and her could be wrong, so I'll double-check with my manager. I'll let you know late next week!

Comment

• tarringlee
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Amir View Post
      I'm quite confident it doesn't come from 2010 f/w, given my current position is with Yohji Yamamoto (and as I mentioned my colleague has been working here for the good 15 years).

However, both me and her could be wrong, so I'll double-check with my manager. I'll let you know late next week!
      thk u

Comment

• Amir
        • May 2010

Sincere apologies for the late reply tarringlee.
        I checked with my manager and she confirms it's a YY piece, from Fall Winter 2005 (see link below). However, this particular piece was not in the runway show.

Link to show:

Comment

• rider
          eyes of the world
          • Jun 2009

I have the jackets from 13 and 14, i feel like the central stalk of a Cala lily bract when I where them. It's sensunal.

Is this too much information? ��

Comment

• tarringlee
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Amir View Post
            Sincere apologies for the late reply tarringlee.
            I checked with my manager and she confirms it's a YY piece, from Fall Winter 2005 (see link below). However, this particular piece was not in the runway show.

Link to show:
            http://www.style.com/fashion-shows/f...oto/collection
            its the look 20 from this collection, so good to know it. thank you so much~

Comment

• evilchevy
              • Apr 2013

I would wear this coat, its beautiful...

Comment

• woof
                • May 2014

sorry if this has been posted ready . . "y's journal"

The Y’s 40th Anniversary Journal is a project that unravels the meaning of Y’s within the fashion system, within dress history and for its creators and consumers.In every chapter a new aspect of Y’s will be explored, shedding light on those behind the scenes, collaborators and muses as well as the inspirations, cardinal points and attributes that have accompanied Y’s through its life cycle and continue to make Y’s what it is today.
                Last edited by woof; 04-14-2015, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• u-ti
                  • Apr 2012

Not sure if this has been posted already, but found this one today so i thought to share.

Comment

• peerc
                    • Jan 2013

What would you guys say is the best/your favourite book on Yohji Yamamoto?
                    More pictures are better!

Comment

• Amir
                      • May 2010

Books depends on what you want from them. If you want information and a 'resource book' get Yamamoto & Yohji (the new book by Rizzoli).

My Dear Bomb is also a nice one of you want to get 'in his head' (?)

Rewind Forward is a nice collection of photos (campaigns and such) from 1995 up to 2001 I believe. A nice and small coffee table book with reference.

Talking to myself is possibly my favourite. It's a visually stunning book, bound with the Japanese book-binding techniques. It has a lot of photos and illustrations from the 90's.

Then there's the V&A book, A Dream Shop and a Taschen Yohji Yamamoto book..

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

I'd skip the last two.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• panosjapan
                          • May 2015

Yohji Yamamoto’s Fall/Winter 2015 “Phantom” Collection

Thoughts?

Comment

• MASUGNEN
                            • Feb 2009

*not*

Comment

• panosjapan
                              • May 2015

Originally posted by MASUGNEN View Post
                              *not*
                              Hahah. Care to elaborate? I would love to know what you hate most about it.

Panos

Comment

• Vinyl Only
                                • Jun 2012

chrome hearts yohji

I saw this collection linked to the Yohji main site. And just shook my head.

1.The obvious Chrome Hearts vibe feels like a step down for Yohji--to me at least. I dont think of Yohji as chunky, gaudy, in your face, gothic in all caps, grave cherubs with huge clasps or glam-dracula/Rocky Horror Picture show.
                                If you dont agree with CH issue, ill simply say this lacks all of the grace/privacy that Yohji innately possesses.

2. Calling it GOTHIC on a dog tag size plate in big calligraphic logo drags it down further into hot topic territory. Also, way beneath Yohji.

Its tacky.-another quality I dont associate with Yohji.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎