Clear All
  • jskidder1
    • Jan 2011

Some photos of the problem:

Grain on inner right boot:

More detail:

The worst problem area:

Left inner boot, also cracking but not as bad:

No other area has any visible grain and the leather there is in perfect shape. Its just these two panels (mainly the right) that have issues.

Comment

• Vanquish_Gold
      • Dec 2010

Looks like alcohol spilled on those areas... That's the fastest way those distressed leather would get cracks.

Comment

• jskidder1
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Vanquish_Gold View Post
        Looks like alcohol spilled on those areas... That's the fastest way those distressed leather would get cracks.
        Never had anything other than water from the rain dropped on them. Even when new the cracks in the grain were really deep, but until I took a closer look today I didn't realize they were actually splitting.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

I have no advice for you other than to say they continue to look great.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• drizzly
            Banned
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
            Never had anything other than water from the rain dropped on them. Even when new the cracks in the grain were really deep, but until I took a closer look today I didn't realize they were actually splitting.
            it looks like the leather dried out and started cracking, try saphir renovator it may help

Comment

• dasi80
              • Dec 2009

received this pic today from holger and i LOVE IT .
              but too late, i already ordered the hoody jacket.

Last edited by dasi80; 09-30-2012, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

hmmm, not too sure neither about the wrists nor about the collar or the pockets. The skins must be fantastic, but the designs are still...guido.
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ Blasphemy. That jacket is the leather jacket right now.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jskidder1
                    • Jan 2011

Quick update on my situation. I sent a message to Guidi via their website and received a response this morning. They kindly offered to repair or replace the boots of I ship them back to them. Couldn't be more pleased with their customer service, and as a result I will be picking up another pair in black to wear while mine are away.

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      /\ Blasphemy. That jacket is the leather jacket right now.
                      At first sight, I thought that it was an Incarnation leather jacket...
                      First impression says it all.

Comment

• lost53
                        • Dec 2010

Originally posted by jskidder1 View Post
                        Quick update on my situation. I sent a message to Guidi via their website and received a response this morning. They kindly offered to repair or replace the boots of I ship them back to them. Couldn't be more pleased with their customer service, and as a result I will be picking up another pair in black to wear while mine are away.
                        Nice to hear, that sort of service is what one would hope for in such a situation. but great when it does occur.

Comment

• swami
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          hmmm, not too sure neither about the wrists nor about the collar or the pockets. The skins must be fantastic, but the designs are still...guido.
                          Well played, the rest would even be okay without those nasty band jacket sleeve cuffs. what I love most above all else is the simplicity in the designs of the bags and shoes so quite surprised to see this ...
                          Does Alessia not have something to do with the jackets ? she normally has such great taste

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by swami View Post
                            Well played, the rest would even be okay without those nasty band jacket sleeve cuffs. what I love most above all else is the simplicity in the designs of the bags and shoes so quite surprised to see this ...
                            Does Alessia not have something to do with the jackets ? she normally has such great taste
                            i think it's designed by layer-0 actually... not 100% sure
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

All that jacket needs is the gold D&G placket on the back of the neck.
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• swami
                                • Jul 2008

Ah! makes total sense , Layer O designs always straddle that fine line between Sick as fuck & Oh no too much!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎