Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spacetaekwon
    • Jan 2011

so...my brother took the liberty to condition my boots for me as a favor...and ended up rubbing mink oil on them. I stopped him in the middle, so I now have an uneven looking pair. The pair with the mink oil is now somewhat a matte black and less sheen than the other pair. Ughhh it's driving me crazy and I do not know what to do. Should I just get them both polished so they would match colors? Desperately need some advice/help/tips. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• bryantyj
      • Jun 2010

Originally posted by spacetaekwon View Post
      so...my brother took the liberty to condition my boots for me as a favor...and ended up rubbing mink oil on them. I stopped him in the middle, so I now have an uneven looking pair. The pair with the mink oil is now somewhat a matte black and less sheen than the other pair. Ughhh it's driving me crazy and I do not know what to do. Should I just get them both polished so they would match colors? Desperately need some advice/help/tips. Thanks in advance.
      Maybe you should apply the same treatment with the other pair. I mean if its black, It shouldnt be too much of an issue. I cover mine in dubbin every month cause i really trash my guidis. And if you dont polish it off, it kinda looks nice and consistently farked which I like.

Comment

• Jan 2011

Has anyone here modified the zip pull on their boots to eliminate the noise they make when you walk?

Comment

• modalsaliency
          • May 2010

Would someone mind posting/reposting all Guidi letter codes? I haven't bought from them in a few years and for some reason I can't dredge them up.

Particularly looking for the narrow shaft code, but a full list would be useful.

Comment

• eckblk
            • Mar 2010

988S

narrow shaft back zip- mid height

Comment

• bryantyj
              • Jun 2010

Got a question guys. I have a pair of 788z in horse leather and earlier last year the front sole totally pulled away from the nail and just last night, the heel on both sides started to show hair line tears between the heel and the sole itself.

Never seen this problem before so is this a rare problem or have any one of you experience this problem? I am actually quite disappointed considering that i am quite careful with my boots.

What a way to start the year!

BTW happy new year all!

Comment

• Dane
                HAMMERTIME
                • Feb 2011

Did you take them to the cobbler?
                i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• croatoan
                  • Jul 2007

The latter seems to be a common issue and not something you need to worry about.

Comment

• bryantyj
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                    Did you take them to the cobbler?
                    Originally posted by croatoan View Post
                    The latter seems to be a common issue and not something you need to worry about.
                    I didnt bring them to the cobbler yet but instead I email guidi and a nice lady named Francesca replied saying that they will repair me broken boots. All i need to do not is pay the crazy shipping from asia to italy!

thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• boyandjoy
                      • Jan 2013

Wanted to share my boots. I bought them in 2010 and at the time, I sized up 2 sizes (37 instead of my usual 35). Two years later, they're the most comfortable boots I have. I love the purple color too. Now I'm searching for a pair of back zips in black.
                      boyandjoy.com

Comment

• coccodrillo
                        • Nov 2009

Gorgeous color choice. Most of the Guidi I have been attracted to is either in color like your boots or very pale shades that show the texture of the skin used.

Comment

• gettoasty
                          • Apr 2012

Excuse the lighting, a pair of GUIDI I picked up a while back from Suspension Point. Lovely in person and fills the gap for me in terms of "white sneakers."

(to show a bit of contrast)

Reversed kangaroo 995. Perfect shaft height as well, for me. I really do not mind the lacing despite owning 2 pairs of side zip boots.

Looking to order another pair, either 995, again (?) or a back zip in a olive / drab type color. Green and gray mix perhaps. Not sure what GUIDI has until I hear back from Holger :)

Comment

• cc-e
                            • Dec 2011

beautiful colour

Comment

• xeraphim
                              • Nov 2008

SS13 @ PNP

Comment

• sixledge
                                • Dec 2011

^

Not a color I could personally rock but cool none the less, would like to see some fit pics with these.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎