Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tommiy
    • Apr 2012

You would have a very slippery shoe if the metal were under the heel, unfortunately.
    WTB: 45" chest leather jacket

Comment

• MJRH
      • Nov 2006

i like 'em for something different. a rustic counterpart to Helmut Lang's sleeker iteration:

ain't no beauty queens in this locality

Comment

• drizzly
        Banned
        • Apr 2012

Originally posted by gavroche88 View Post
        Not too keen on the strips of metal. In my personal opinion, Guidi is at their best when they're as minimal as possible -- backzips, soft toe, no-seam derbies, etc. -- in a way that just shows off the leather (and their heels generally look great). I'm not sure what a random metal embellishment really does for the shoe, feels a little tacky to me, but I suppose they want to try out new ideas and keep things fresh. Now if the metal stretched under the heel and protected them, they might be on to something...
        i dont like the metal either, i think they need to make stronger toe caps to give the shoe/boot a bit of a shape but the metal heel is too much for me, feels like they are trying too hard

Comment

• nictan
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by tommiy View Post
          That is a really nice red up there. The metal collar on the heel is interesting as well... I wonder if it's .925? :)
          aluminium

Comment

• gettoasty
            • Apr 2012

Some info. I am interested in if anyone has first hand experience here:

baby calf
            thin and soft.

kangaroo
            thin and strong.

soft horse
            thick and soft.

horse
            thick and a little more stiff, not so soft but not super stiff (like A1923).

bison
            thick and also a little more stiff, but not super stiff.

998(?) in 60T

So, which leather type takes in color the best? And I am under the impression that reverse is available for all the types of leather only difference being that it has more texture, both visually and in hand, and also takes color the best as it more like a sponge as described to me. In time, the leather in general will darker right? So, photo 2 will eventually turn into photo 1 during the aging process?

I am considering 995 lace up in reverse kangaroo in 60T (shown above). Not sure which type of leather to have it in reverse though, bison, kangaroo, horse, donkey? Instead of the smooth surface, reverse may soak in the color treatment better for the 60T. Thoughts?
            Last edited by gettoasty; 02-10-2013, 04:38 AM.

Comment

• coccodrillo
              • Nov 2009

I have the 995s in donkey full grain 611T. I think they have darkened slightly with wear.

I also have a bag i soft horse in the same color - but it looks lighter + creamier - less grey toned than the shoes. They are from different seasons - purchased 1.5 years appart. It hasn't darkened much - even though it hangs on my bannister in a room with lots of sunlight.

But that said - you will most likely need to see exactly the leather + texture in your color of preference to decide.

Marco at PNP told me that you can have the same color code that looks soooo different depending on the hide and texture of the leather, and even then the different pairs of shoes in a given season can differ shade-wise and tone-wise.

I have just recently seen some boots that were from the same order + season in horse that were completely different in the shading + tones of color.

There's nothing exact with Guidi - which to me is a great part of the appeal. I would suggest you go with the leather that you prefer given level of comfort - then choose texture + color.

HTH

Comment

• dasi80
                • Dec 2009

yes, great statement. you can see this in any GUIDI store, each piece is unique and looks different to another size (like A1923 or CCP, for example). Also Holger from hide[m] accept custom-orders only if you accept this! Only "black" is for sure. And even black is sometimes very dark grey

Comment

• littleyogoni
                  • Feb 2013

A girl Guidi lover here! Too bad there's no where in Canada for me to find a pair of 988 to try on....need to bug my friend in Paris to try them on for me :( Canada has NOTHING!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by littleyogoni View Post
                    Canada has NOTHING!!!
                    Serpentine, no?

Comment

• littleyogoni
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                      Serpentine, no?
                      I thought it's a men's store?

Comment

• ^not sure, but I remember some definitely w models of guidi's in their IG. anyway, it's better than nothing.

Comment

• littleyogoni
                          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Jin View Post
                          ^not sure, but I remember some definitely w models of guidi's in their IG. anyway, it's better than nothing.
                          confimed, they only carry guy's Guidi

Comment

• bonejelly
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by littleyogoni View Post
                            confimed, they only carry guy's Guidi

littleyogoni, try contacting r.a.d. in toronto?

R.A.D, located at 899 Dundas West features under-the-radar international designers.

Comment

• 0JSIMPS0N
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by littleyogoni View Post
                              I thought it's a men's store?
                              they used to have womens a couple of seasons ago. but guidi fit small so if you have bigger feet maybe some mens sizes would fit you?

also Sydneys on Queen is worth a call/visit

Comment

• littleyogoni
                                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by 0JSIMPS0N View Post
                                they used to have womens a couple of seasons ago. but guidi fit small so if you have bigger feet maybe some mens sizes would fit you?

also Sydneys on Queen is worth a call/visit
                                "Unfortunately" Im a women size 36.5 or 37.. so small men sizes wont fit..I tried Sydney but they dont carry womens either. I will try the european stores..thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎