Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genevieveryoko
    • Sep 2009

Rick's androgynous garments are styled on the appropriate model, just as Christian appropriately pulled off the flood shoes. Carol is not designing clothes for Batman, he is designing clothes for guys, he is designing clothes for clothes sake and according to his own desires
    http://genevievelarson.tumblr.com/

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by genevieveryoko View Post
      Rick's androgynous garments are styled on the appropriate model, just as Christian appropriately pulled off the flood shoes. Carol is not designing clothes for Batman, he is designing clothes for guys, he is designing clothes for clothes sake and according to his own desires
      G,
      you seem to be obsessed with this guy............... why don't you invite him out for a drink?
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• genevieveryoko
        • Sep 2009

I'm assuming it was Rick that hired him, it's his fault. Either Rick or Christian. You need to stop making me laugh now, I can't handle it. Can we talk about not Carol or Batman, but Rick?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post

Rick's tailoring is a different beast, rick is more of an experimentalist, still learning. I am speaking with some level of ignorance here (this is because I am less familiar with Rick's tailored pieces) However, its seems Owens has some very good ideas for tailored garments, a desire to expand his repertoire, and tailoring is a means to that end, so while he is desiring to learn the artform (he said so himself) it is with the intent to bend, break or use in whatever way, these rules to realize his ideas............... For him there seems to be no desire to maintain tradition but to use the artform it as a means to an end..........
          Word. Rick is all about pushing the boundaries of sartoria and Christian's wallet.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Apr 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            We were talking about it yesterday with BSR. That's what I'd understood as well from one his recent interview.

No, problem, I should have choosen another title : "CCP vs RO : who's got the bigger dick ?". Would have been sold better.
            Christian have you got the (video/script) link to this interview?
            Originally posted by dji
            don't hesitate, just buy.

Comment

• H-R
              • May 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
              Also, with the raising of the shoulder line, if my calculations are correct, the Jacket could effectively have a bigger armhole circumference (mathematically speaking) while maintaining a very high armhole. This should allow greater range of motion in the shoulder/ bicep are of the Jacket without widening the shoulders.....
              (something that CCP has failed to do, or better yet has not done.........his Jackets are somewhat restricting in the shoulders)
              Wouldn't that (bigger armhole) only happens if he maintains the armpit area low enough so that it would look like you're stretching the armhole one way vertically? Suppose if he raises the shoulder and at the same time the armpit area too, it would merely transpose the armhole area up while maintaining the same- presumably tiny- armhole, no? I hope I'm making sense here....

For me, my interest/curiosity in Rick's tailored pieces stems mainly from his idiosyncratic cut and conception of the body proportion, how it challenges the traditional idea of the suit, just like how Thom Browne does it by shrinking the body and shortening the sleeves of his jackets. Could anyone here possible comment on the construction of the items?

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by H-R View Post
                Wouldn't that (bigger armhole) only happens if he maintains the armpit area low enough so that it would look like you're stretching the armhole one way vertically? Suppose if he raises the shoulder and at the same time the armpit area too, it would merely transpose the armhole area up while maintaining the same- presumably tiny- armhole, no? I hope I'm making sense here....
                I he did this the horizontal shoulder line would not be possible,
                as he needs the excess fabric above the shoulders to raise the shoulder line.
                Also, there is limit as to how much one can raise the armhole on a garment, as the armhole cannot be higher than the lowest point of the armpit on the body...............

Originally posted by H-R;190868.
                For me, my interest/curiosity in Rick's tailored pieces stems mainly from his idiosyncratic cut and conception of the body proportion, how it challenges the traditional idea of the suit, [B
                just like how Thom Browne does it by shrinking the body and shortening the sleeves of his jackets[/B].[/b] Could anyone here possible comment on the construction of the items?

I wanted to make some reference to his work, but didn't, as his approach is too comical for me.............(at least some of the stuff in the stores are cut like regular suits so as to not force the customer to wear the garments the way he does)
                Ive seen his jackets and the construction on them is not bad, most of it is done by hand, but some of it in an unnecessary way........... at least in my opinion.........
                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

A pretty good post about shoulders, mobility and the myths surrounding them:
                  http://tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com/...-mobility.html
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• pipcleo
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by asho View Post
                    The only piece of this collection with potential to survive for a few seasons in the corbu coat. the rest is too focussed on an unrealistic silhouette for menswear.

the darts pointing down from the neck on the back of the blazers are very unsightly because of the way the fabric gapes at the start/finish. ruin the whole thing regardless of what they create from front on
                    le corbusier coat is just bad architecture also - asho
                    back darted mess is just so redundant that the obvious question
                    is , why call it corb to start with ?
                    in fact all the coats suffer the same student-architect idiosyncrasy ....
                    overwrought and questionable material correspondence to design.
                    same goes for deer antler furniture of course but some may find an endearing trend here.....but unfortunately designer flourishes have become the loathsome standin for designer perfume.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                      • Sep 2009

I wonder who styled it (excellently)? Was it Antino?

Comment

• Chant
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2008

Originally posted by asho View Post
                        The only piece of this collection with potential to survive for a few seasons in the corbu coat. the rest is too focussed on an unrealistic silhouette for menswear.
                        Indeed ?
                        I'd have liked to ear your analysis when the sneakers were produced the first time...

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                          • Sep 2009

"homme fatale" - Antino

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

I think this particuliar picture sums up what RO wants to do with the human body.

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                              • Sep 2009

and what does he want to do with your body?

Comment

• genevieveryoko
                                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Christian View Post

Dom Coat - Dominate me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰